Total Votes : 94

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:21 am
Just curious. Also curious about how schools are run in other countries and other parts of the country, and how the students view their schools. =)

- - - - - - - - - -

I went from going to a privately run Christian pre-school, to publicly run elementary and middle school, and ended up in a private college-preparatory school for high school.

I live in Hawaii, and there are actually a LOT of people who opt for private schooling simply because our government run schools tend to have lower standards and the number of students who move onto college/graduate are lower at public schools. I was lucky enough to get financial aid to attend a school where 95% of kids go onto college and 40-50% go to college out of state/country. Not to say that all public school kids don't have the same chance, it's just that attending a privately run school here pretty much guarantees better options and education, especially for people who want to go to out of state colleges (well, depending on the school. Not gonna name schools, but certain ones DO have some pretty bad reputations. Some public schools are also really good too, but this seems to be the trend).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:37 am
I go to a public school, run by the government. I didn't get a much of a choice, there are no private schools on base. Despite not going to a private school, I think I've got a pretty fair chance. The schools I've gone to, except probably the one I'm going to now, have been pretty good. I do a good job in school anyways, I've always gotten good grades, thanks to both my parents, who are great help when the teachers aren't. I think part of the reason I don't go to public school, is because its too far, and not easy to access from where I live.  

gas powered stick

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:25 am
Public.
We couldn't afford anything else.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:02 am
Only type of school I have ever attended (including college) is public.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Public schools and college.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:35 pm
All public...  

Spyros Girlfriend

3,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

In Living Colour

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:25 pm
i go to a catholic school but its funded by the government  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:24 pm
Public grade school (jr kindergarten - grade eight) and public high school. I kind of wish I'd been in a french immersion school. (which is part of the catholic public school board, even though I'm not catholic) because I probably would have learned french, and it would have been much more natural for me learning it, instead of struggling with it. I have to teach myself if I want to be fluent in it now. eek  

bellsofblue

DOMOs Kender child

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:32 pm
In order:
Home school, public school, military school, new public school, back to the first public school, another public school, and lastly a public high school.

I'm not switching schools again; except, maybe, to go to college or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:53 pm
From k-8th I went to a public, government ran school. For high school I switched to a private Catholic school. It's small (less than 50 kids), and tuition free, we run off donations which is probably why we are all so active in volunteer work. Even though it's ran by a priest, they school itself doesn't push religion, even though it's mention a lot (does that make sense?) and majority of the student/factuality are not Catholic. It's my last year there and I'm going to miss my odd little school.  

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:28 pm
Up until now I've attended a government run but academically selective high school, which has been completely amazingly awesome and I am going to miss all the people there so much.
This year, because of a fairly long and convoluted story relating to my health, I'm going to be attending my local tafe, hopfeully studying children's services (which is early childhood care and education).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:38 pm
annoying public school =)  

Tolora

Beyond sky

Romantic Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:18 pm
Charter school...a weird public private hybrid  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:20 pm
I go to a private (non-religious) college  

spellfire

Romantic Fairy

9,425 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:02 pm
public. with an evil principal.
but surprisingly, the district i'm in has better standards than most. Most people, if they don't drop out, end up going to college, and most places accept them. I wouldn't say like Ivy League, but it's possible.  
15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff