Welcome to Gaia! ::

~MANGA UNIVERSE~

Back to Guilds

A GUILD FOR ALL MANGA LOVERS!!!!! 

Tags: manga, shojo, shounen, yaoi, fantasy 

Reply Past Events, threads, games, dead topics, etc etc.
THE MANGA UNIVERSE TRIVIA CHALLENGE! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you gonna send in a trivia question?
  Hells yes.
  No.
  -poll whore option-
View Results

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:57 pm
WELCOME TO THE MANGA UNIVERSE TRIVIA CHALLENGE!

This thread is currently open for business!
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FIRST PAGE. IT'S IMPORTANT.

Currently seeking suggestions for trivia! PM me.
I also really need some stuff for prizes! HALP!
Attention Vampire Knight fans! There's another question for you, but this one's a real toughie.
I am back from Washington, DC! If any of you ever get a big envelope in the mail that is addressed to you from Vienna, Virginia and is for the National Young Leaders Conference, raise some money and GO. It's one of the most amazing experiences you could ever hope to have.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Post Number 1: Table Of Contents, Important Messages
Post Number 2: Rules
Post Number 3: Introduction To The Master Of Ceremonies
Post Number 4: White/Black List
Post Number 5: Submitting Trivia And Donations
Post Number 6: Trivia Questions Past And Present
Post Number 7: Past Winners
Post Number 8: Reserved Anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:15 pm
RULES OF THE GAME

Hello, and welcome to the Manga Universe Trivia Challenge! My name is Spellbound, and I will be your master of ceremonies. For more information about me, please check out the next post.
Anyway, I'd like to lay down a few rules before we get going here. Please read these. Not following these will get you blacklisted.

1: Follow the GaiaOnline Terms Of Service. Failure to do so will get you reported and blacklisted.
2: Be nice. Just because someone doesn't know what kind of shoes Naruto wears doesn't mean he's the spawn of the devil.
3: NO SPAMMING. And no bumping, either. And, please, keep the chitter-chatter to a minimum. There's a chat thread for just that.
4: Don't quote the first page. It bugs me.
5: DON'T SUGGEST TRIVIA QUESTIONS HERE. I want you to PM those to me, alright? (Check out post number 5 for more information on this)
6: Give others a chance. I don't want someone winning this week after week after week. If I decide you've won too many times, I will blacklist you.
7: Be a good sport. So what, you didn't win this week? Try, try again.
8: Have fun, for goodness sake!  

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:29 pm
YOUR MASTER OF CEREMONIES (and other important people)

Hello, hello, hello! My name is Spellbound, and I am your master of ceremonies for the Manga Universe Trivia Challenge! Here's my stats:
Name: Spellbound Blasphemy, technically, but I respond to Nat, Natalie, Natalia, Newman, Esmeralda and Spellbound. Any of those will do, whichever you prefer.
Age: My gaia age is 868 days as of today (September 18, 2010). In real life, I am fifteen. My birthday is March 22 (HINT HINT)
Favorites: As far as manga goes, I like Vampire Knight and Captive Hearts (Matsuri Hino), + Anima (Natsumi Mukai), Millennium Snow and Ouran High School Host Club (Bisco Hatori), and B.O.D.Y. (Ao Mimori).
My favorite bands at this moment are Kings Of Leon, The Flobots, U2, Death Cab For Cutie, OneRepublic and Say Anything.
My favorite color is purple.
My favorite food is spaghetti (or, for that matter, anything other than deep-fried cafeteria slop.).

There are, however, other people you should pay attention to. Anything said here (regarding following the rules) by obsessed with manga, XDmanga-girlXD, along with myself, is law. obsessed with manga is your guild capitan, and XDmanga-girlXD is my fellow vice-captain. They have just as much power as I do.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:31 pm
WHITE LIST AND BLACK LIST

Whitelist
2cool4uxp ~ for donating a poinsettia hairpiece.
Konani_NTH ~ for donating five questions

Blacklist
Currently empty.  

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:45 pm
SUBMITTING TRIVIA AND DONATIONS

I don't read every manga or watch every anime, so I need some help with trivia questions! Here's the low-down.

PLEASE, PM ME WITH TRIVIA IDEAS I can't stress this enough.
Trivia submissions can be from any manga or anime. Please, keep them within the realm of manga and anime.
Follow this code when you send me things, please:

[b]Hai! I'd like to submit some trivia for the Manga Universe Trivia Challenge.[/b]
[b]Name of manga or anime that this question concerns:[/b] Please, include the full title and the artist (for a manga or an anime that's based upon a manga) or the company from which the anime comes from.
[b]Question:[/b] Put the question in it's entirety, the way it should be asked. I don't want to spend an hour muddling through confusing questions.
[b]Answer:[/b] If there are multiple answers, put them here. If there is a debatable question, expect me to PM you. You've been warned.
[b]Anything else pertinent?[/b]

IF YOU DON'T TITLE YOUR PM WITH SOMETHING THAT IDENTIFIES IT WITH THIS TRIVIA CONTEST, I WON'T PAY ATTENTION TO IT.
Repeat the code as many times as necessary for however many trivia questions you are submitting. Here's an example:

Quote:

Hai! I'd like to submit some trivia for the Manga Universe Trivia Challenge.
Name of manga or anime that this question concerns: + Anima by Natsumi Mukai (Tokyopop)
Question: In Natsumi Mukai's manga + Anima, what color are the beads in Senri's hair?
Answer: Turquoise.
Anything else pertinent? This isn't debateable. Anyone who's seen any of the covers from + Anima should know this!

There will be prizes for those who answer questions correctly, and I will decide what those are. If you have things to donate that I could use as prizes, send me a PM following this code:

[b]Hai! I'd like to donate a prize for the Manga Universe Trivia Challenge.[/b]
[b]Nature of the donation:[/b] Is this an item? A sketch? A banner? Gold? Put this here.

Again, please identify your PM with this contest.
Once I know what I'm dealing with, I'll go through with things.
I will accept gold, banners, sketches, artwork, and items with a relatively high value (let's say, over 2,000 gold sellback value) as donations. Don't go trying to unload those chance thingies on me, because it won't fly.
IMPORTANT NOTE! I won't pay you for your contributions, although I will whitelist you. Hence "donation"!
Here's an example submission:

Quote:
Hai! I'd like to donate a prize for the Manga Universe Trivia Challenge.
Nature of the donation: 2,000 gaia gold.

Easy, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:50 pm
QUESTIONS!

Question Number Five (October 19, 2010)
The Question this week is Please name all of the main characters in Matsuri Hino's manga series Vampire Knight (This is all of the important students at Cross Academy and a few adults. First names are okay if you suck at last names like I do. No, you don't have to remember the really obscure characters, but please show all of the ones from books 1 thru 10.)
Answer is I'm not telling!
Answered by Nobody!
The prize is A custom, clickable (but not animated -sob-) personal banner made by me, for you. biggrin
I'll warn you now, this is a LONG answer. There are a few I would accept not having, but I won't tell you who right now.

Question Number Four (October 6, 2010)
The Question: In the manga series Pet Shop of Horrors by Matsuri Akino, Count D (A.K.A "D") has a very specific weakness that others tend to abuse. What is this weakness?
The answer: He has a very big sweet tooth! Reminds me of me.
Answered by: 2cool4uxp
Prize: 5,000 gaia gold.
I don't mean to be, well, mean, but I'd ask that our dear friend Konani_NTH not answer this question, considering she donated it. Thanks!

Question Number Three (September 20, 2010)
Question Is! Name the manga series that this character comes from:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(I'll give you a hint; the artist was published quite famously after this series. The anime and manga of her more famous series was a hit in high school anime clubs all over America and Japan.)
Answer is Millenium Snow by Bisco Hatori. This particular character is Toya Kano. The bat sitting on his finger is named Yamimaru.
Answered by LiLy-Dont-Care
Prize up for grabs 2,000 gaia gold.

Question Number Two (September 19, 2010)
Question is! In Matsuri Hino's manga Vampire Knight (Shojo Beat Manga), what colors are Rido Kuran's eyes? (I warn you, he's got heterochromia.)
Answer is! One eye is red, one eye is blue.
Answered by magi646
Prize up for grabs I, Spellbound Blasphemy, will make you a custom graphic in Photoshop! (Hey! I do have some talent! Be nice.)

Question Number One (September 18, 2010)
Question is! In Ao Mimori's manga series B.O.D.Y (Shojo Beat Manga), what name does Ryunosuke Fuji ask for Ryoko Sakura to request if she wants to see him at his job at the host club? (That is to say, what is Ryunosuke's name at work?)
Answer: Ryu.
Answered by: 2cool4uxp
The prize up for grabs: 6,000 gaia gold.  

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:51 pm
PAST WINNERS

Winner Number One: 2cool4uxp
Winner Number Two: magi646
Winner Number Three: LiLy-Dont-Care
Winner Number Four: 2cool4uxp  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:52 pm
RESERVED ANYWAY

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:55 pm
-cuts virtual ribbon-
The thread is open! Have at it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 am
Spellbound Blasphemy
TRIVIA QUESTIONS PAST AND PRESENT

Question Number One (September 18, 2010)
Question is! In Ao Mimori's manga series B.O.D.Y (Shojo Beat Manga), what name does Ryunosuke Fuji ask for Ryoko Sakura to request if she wants to see him at his job at the host club? (That is to say, what is Ryunosuke's name at work?)
Answer: This is not posted until somebody answers, silly head!
Answered by: Nobody yet.
The prize up for grabs: 6,000 gaia gold.

I dont know... eek sorry  

Black Panda XII
Crew

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:33 am
User Image
It's the story of my life.

It's alright. Someone's bound to know. SOMEONE... LOL.

I know who would want to take me home...
--Semisonic,
Closing Time

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:09 pm
Not completely sure, but is it Ryu?  

2cool4uxP
Crew

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:43 pm
2cool4uxP
Not completely sure, but is it Ryu?
User Image

OH MY GOD WE HAVE A WINNER!
Congratulations! You are right! biggrin

--Semisonic,
Closing Time

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:36 pm
For answer number two, Rido Kuran's eye colors are Red (left eye) and Blue (right eye).  

Marcasite Panda

Loyal Elder

11,075 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:48 pm
magi646
For answer number two, Rido Kuran's eye colors are Red (left eye) and Blue (right eye).
User Image

((Thought this would be harder))
CONGRATULATIONS! You win! biggrin

--Semisonic,
Closing Time

Past Events, threads, games, dead topics, etc etc.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games