Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Karaoke anyone? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:59 pm
I love to sing and I've been told I'm good I just have never had a chance to enter a competition. And I always feel so bad about myself considering whenever I do open mic, I sound terrible. But I still have fun none the less.

So for the next con I'm going too, I am for sure entering the contest. :3

Who else here like's karaoke? Any amazing experiences?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:42 pm
нere comes the rain again...User Image ▋◆ ☁ ◆ ▋

Hellz yes! Karaoke is amazinggg! Especially when you do it with your friends at a con.

I sang Pokemon with my best friend at my first con, and she was dressed as Pikachu and I was Konata. We sang Pokemon, and during the guitar sequence from the full song, she had a Guitar Hero guitar and it was just... awesome. And at the beginning, some guy dressed as Charizard got on his friend dressed as L's back, and they ran around the room cheering. BEST memory of my first con.

On the other hand, I was downright terrified before singing. My knees were shaking and everything... D:

But it was awesome. I'm sure you'll enjoy the contest and do great! It's too fun.

׺°”˜`”°º☆ ғalling from the stars...User Image

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

sprinklin

Fashionable Ladykiller

5,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:02 pm
I would LOVE to have karaoke. It seems like so much fun! Plus, I love singing, so it goes hand in hand!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:28 pm
There was a cosplay karaoke. I sang Girlfriend as Mai Valentine and there was a group of Axel, Sora, Roxas, and Riku who sang "I want it that way" by backstreet boys. It was priceless smile  

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

La Ahna

6,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:02 pm
My friends and I tend to take advantage of karaoke to do various j-pop and k-pop dances rather than sing. Momocon's karaoke used to take place on a stage in one of the highest traffic areas (though with plenty of seating out of the pathway), so doing anything there was sure to be seen by plenty. We've done a dance on that stage every year we've gone, and those are some of my best memories of Momocon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:55 pm
I never did karaoke at an anime convention before, but I wanted to do it for Otakon 2009.

I first wanted to do "Cruel Angel's Thesis" for karaoke, but I later didn't think I could memorize the song in time.

I then changed to "Houki Boshi" since I was going to cosplay as Yoruichi and it'd be appropriate for a Bleach character to sing a song from Bleach. I then didn't learn the song.

I finally changed to "Romance" from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon since I also knew the moves to this song. I found out that I couldn't go to Otakon so I didn't learn the song.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Unlucky Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:59 pm
I've never done karaoke... Much less sing in front of a large group.
I love to sing, though, so hopefully I'll get over my fear of singing in front of people and do it some time. XD

I staff my local anime con, and I do want to hold karaoke next year since we haven't done it before. I just haven't talked to Con Chair yet, but seeing as Con Chair is my brother, I think I'll be allowed. XD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:11 pm
I've done karaoke before and its awesome.i do songs in English and japanese.  

kiropterain1

Malevolent Gatekeeper

5,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200

GleekSily3_6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:34 am
i love karoake x3 i really cant sing...but screw that XD
i sing the english songs and japanese songs

my sister joined last year and this year karaoke contest and now she cant join next year and have to be the judge...because she is to good XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:35 pm
Not for me, I sing horrible.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:14 pm
I like karaoke, I try to go to it at least once a con, but now I seem to only do it once a year, you can search on youtube (Pacific Media Expo 2011 karaoke) the dancing pikachu is my friend he always does that I usually join him but this con he pretty much took the cake there XD this was at around 2am. We are doing that all over again at Anime Los Angeles hope to see some people there having fun  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:56 pm
Hey, Listen! Navy likes to sing heart  

Chibi Naomi

SirKnightOfRebellion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:41 am
I tend to do a lot of karaoke during cons. Last time it was taped due to it being... Lulzy. (Search Pikachu and Karaoke, i'd likely pop up from 2011's Pacific Media Expo. Good times~)  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:57 pm
yeah.. I like singing.. anime/jpop/jrock songs whee even if im not really good at it xp never tried it on cons though I would like to try because its cool mrgreen  

khryseis eae

Demigod

29,925 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:03 pm
Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

i would try...but the only song i have memorized...Caramelldansen/Caramelldancing/Caramelltanzen
i know it all, but in Swedish, English and German...and not all in one language. a mix of all three @.@

i can sort of sing Holly Dolly's Dolly Song (Ieva's Polka), but not very well yet @.@

plus, i can't sing at all XD
(last year, though, at the local theme park, one of the sweeps, who can sing [he's no longer around here], would go around with a boombox in a backpack and sing. got the Employee Spotlight in the bi-weekly newsletter for it. the Singing sweep!)

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces