Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Karaoke anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:16 pm
I sang the Pokemon theme with my friends at my first con. It was terrible because we didn't know we had to sing the second verse and we didn't know it. XD It was hilarious.

After that, I memorized Ask DNA by the Seatbelts since it's such a catchy tune. I've been singing that song at EVERY con. I bet they're sick of it. I did sing Serial Experiment Lain's opening theme called Duvet once.

Lithium Flower is another catchy song by the Seatbelts. I might learn that one and sing it at one of the cons this year.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:46 pm
Decided to bring this topic back to life.

Karaoke is very popular in Japan and Conventions in the United States and other countries. Karaoke is a fun and silly thing to do especially to theme songs from different Anime and even dressed up in a cosplay outfit while doing it. Karaoke is seen on episodes of Anime and Manga series too. Sailor Moon is one of my favorite series with Karaoke in it, especially the live version of the series.

I do sing but I do not sing Karaoke style. No offense to it. It's not my thing. I haven't been to a rave either. But if I did I would certainly dance at it. Check out the other posts in this thread to find out what other Guild Members have said about Karaoke!!  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:20 am
I've done Karaoke, but only in small groups of people who get the purpose of karaoke. It's no fun when people ruin the spirit of it.

Right now I'm learning ASL and a good way to learn is through music. I do practice Perfect by Ed Sheeran, How Far I'll Go from Moana, the Pokemon Theme Song, and Sailor Moon theme song. I also do it for other languages too.

Just a side not about learning through music (before anyone does it). Learning through music can teach you some words, but the purpose is really to work on your mouth movement. Thus allowing you to learn to speak it properly. Do not really learn vocab or grammar through music. Bad idea.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff