Submit

Gold?
  GOLD!
View Results

Spellbound Blasphemy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:45 pm
User Image
It's the story of my life.

Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what?
I like a huge amount, but currently, it's OneRepublic.
(this could also be taken as a "What Are You Listening To" Type of thread.)
biggrin

I know who would want to take me home...
--Semisonic,
Closing Time

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:12 pm
I listen to a lot of rock and metal, actually. And while I was writing "A Rainy Day", I was listening to Fairytale by Alexander Rybak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiH4BFTELME  

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

exdraghunt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:19 pm
I usually have my record player going when I'm writing, so mostly classic rock. Stuff like the American Graffiti soundtrack, the Blues Brothers, Steppenwolf. I have a lot of albums.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:16 pm
E. Muzeki, Mundi, and The Tea Merchants. Mostly fiddle music with a little guitar and mandolin thrown in. It's just interesting enough to drown out other noises, but not enough to distract me from the rhythm of my writing. Usually. Sometimes I have to turn it off to concentrate.  

Raincrow

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:54 pm
i can't concentrate with music playing while i'm writing. all i need is the gentle or sometimes not so gentle humm of my computer. and i like to hear myself think. with music playing i can't do that because all i want to do is sing along with the lyrics (mostly in my head which disrupts my thoughts)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:01 pm
House music is where it's at for me :]  

Glaciofluvial

Andirigible

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:32 pm
Anberlin is my writing music. Especially for my upcoming NaNo, which is actually kind of dark...

Also, Zelda remix(es) from this guy. And Zelda music in general.

It's weird. The only non-instrumental music I can listen to while I write is Anberlin... maybe it's because the lyrics don't seem to make sense half the time anyway (like, they are English words and I understand them, but they don't seem to have any "meaning")... so I don't usually bother.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:58 am
I listen to music on Pandora Radio while working on my stories. Some of my favorite artists/groups are: John Mayer [♥], The Beatles, Vampire Weekend, Lily Allen, Feist, Jason Mraz, CAKE, Gorillaz, Jack Johnson... And that's all I can think of right now. =[ I'll edit in others once I remember them.

John Mayer is probably my favorite artist ever, that's why I put that heart by his name. Every time I hear a song by him, I'm inspired to work on my stories. I love his lyrics! ♥

edit: Corinne Bailey Rae... don't know how I forgot about her.  

Lyvidian

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:27 am
Usually whatever the hell's on my iPod at the time (my tastes are varied and/or terrible, as my siblings can tell you) or what I'm listening to on Youtube (recently, it's usually I Won't Say I'm in Love, Bells of Notre Dame or Hellfire in about thirty different languages. Mmm, German Hellfire~ heart ).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:40 am
Rock, borderline Metal, just whatever. Occasionally something lighter if there's a light scene I have to write.  

Candra delune

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:53 pm
Right now, I'm listening to [x]  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:15 am
There's this or this. Take your pick.  

The Sauce Boss

Dapper Humorist

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:17 am
I change the style of music to suit whatever I'm trying to write.
For Witch hunt I was listening to quite a lot of Pendulum, especially Island part 1+2 and The Vulture

I'm currently listening to Bloodsimple Cant beat some groove metal XD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:27 am
I just listen to the station I made on www.pandora.com : Jonas Brothers/Demi Lovato. Haha blaugh . Everyone says they suck, but I absolutely love them. Went to the concert last month xd  

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

velvetsophisticate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:10 pm
Largely rock, but now I'm listening to D'espairsRay and Delain. Nothing like a little jrock and Dutch symphonic metal to get those creative juices flowing :]

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games