• Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:45 pm
cleolvtempus
LithiumXwolf
cleolvtempus
Quote:
that actually was not to bad for someone that has no formal training in German.
translation: I CAN!! I was in Germany for the year and now i am in 2 German courses at the uni, so then i hope i can speak German, but my grammer is very bad. I can better speak and understand german ^_^

ABER die beste weg Deutsch zu lernen ist zu probieren ^_^ Ubung macht den Meister.

what do you need help in the most? maybe i can be of some sort of assitance!! heck just trying to help you makes me better too.

~Cleo ^_^

yay! im happy now! the only german i know was from 3 or 4 rammstein songs and history class xD
uhm...so everything basicly lol.

something about the best way to learn german? O.o
lol

ok tip one for learning German or at least to read it better. when reading a sentence look to the end for the verb. the verb will generally tell you what the whole sentence is about not to mention the main subject. Nouns are always capitalized so that should help you out too. but when you want to know whats going on the first thing to do is go to the end of the sentence and look at the last word. it is usually the verb (BUT NOT ALWAYS! this is just a basic rule and typically the first thing you do before looking else where for the verb) if its not at the end of the sentence look in the second position which means after the first thing in the sentence

eg1: Besser Deutsch lernen. (find the verb at the end. look it up. then find the subject usually the noun which is Captialized. now you will understand the sentence easier.)

eg 2: Ich fahre zur Schule. (look to the end of sentence to see if the verb is there. here its a noun hinted by the capital so look in the seconf position which here is after Ich. look it up and you will understand the sentence better.)

its all about trial and error and just slowly going through the sentence. thats the fist step i would say. figuring out the verbs will be easier as you go through them and learn more. but beware that verbs change! just like ours they go into past tence and such. so

lernen = to learn
gelernt = learned
fahren = to drive/go
fahre = to drive/go but in the first person!
fuhr = drove/went

so they become complication.....i do not know if this helps lol but if you have more questions or want to learn a little more i will see if i can think of some more basics. ^_^
Cleo

*c/p this to word document*
thank youz!!! omg this is complicated xD

lol ya it is. but the best thing to do to start off is to go through lists of basic common verbs and learn them. also go through all the way they change for each person

eg lesen = to read
ich (i) = lese
du (you) = liest
er/es/sie (he, it, she) = liest
wir (we) = lesen
ihr (them/you plural) = lest
sie/Sie (formal you/ plural you) = lesen.

so thats how you should go through each verb you come across. just know what the infinitive is (infinitive is what the verb is on its own before conjugating it eg. lesen = to read) and then how to change it into the different forms depending on the person. you also need to understand the tense. this was called Präsens or perfect tense. so ya thats my tip of the day ^_^ its hard but one you read it a few times it gets easier!!! i can do that verb without even thinking about it, then there are others that are more complicated where i have to always stop and really think. this one was also one of the easier verbs to learn since the format is regular, its the irregular verbs that are hard. but ya!! any questions lol
(just gave me an idea to maybe apply to be a TA next year!! think i could do it???)
Cleo

no questions yet, just absorbing xD im c/p all of this to a word document so when i get home i can read over it in between posts in all of the RPs im doing xD
i think that if this works out, then yeah, you could apply for TA no problemo!
the only weird thing is...the first words i learned in german from something other than history class was from my favorite rammstein song...and even though i know the songs translation by heart, is that bad? the name of the song is Bestrafe Mich xD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:58 pm
no actually learning from songs and shows and such is a very good way to get a hang of the vocabulary and how to speak in German. just understand that the translation that you know might not be completely accurate just because some times some things can not be translated perfectly from German into English. or for any language for that matter. but ya if you find the original lyrics and try to translate it more literal without adjusting the sentence to have it make more sense in English then thats a good start. but ya learning german from songs is a very good thing!  

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:46 pm
cleolvtempus
no actually learning from songs and shows and such is a very good way to get a hang of the vocabulary and how to speak in German. just understand that the translation that you know might not be completely accurate just because some times some things can not be translated perfectly from German into English. or for any language for that matter. but ya if you find the original lyrics and try to translate it more literal without adjusting the sentence to have it make more sense in English then thats a good start. but ya learning german from songs is a very good thing!

lol ja, its just the things rammstein makes songs about are weird, so im learning the basic words and very weird words...very random words xD
i actually used asentance from a song in class today and impressed my teacher! xD
Nun liebe Kinder, gebt fein acht!
...they were being so rude and noisy, but i shouted that and they shut up. X3  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:06 pm
LithiumXwolf
cleolvtempus

lol ja, its just the things rammstein makes songs about are weird, so im learning the basic words and very weird words...very random words xD
i actually used asentance from a song in class today and impressed my teacher! xD

lol thats fantastic!!!! and i know what you mean about Ramsmstein! the songs are very odd so ya your going to learn odd things. if you can try looking up other artists in German too and learn other things. its a fun and easy way to try and pick up the language. i have one artist i always listen too from Germany. Christina Stürmer. her music is a little easier to understand and the lyrics are not all that odd razz  

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:10 pm
cleolvtempus
LithiumXwolf
cleolvtempus

lol thats fantastic!!!! and i know what you mean about Ramsmstein! the songs are very odd so ya your going to learn odd things. if you can try looking up other artists in German too and learn other things. its a fun and easy way to try and pick up the language. i have one artist i always listen too from Germany. Christina Stürmer. her music is a little easier to understand and the lyrics are not all that odd razz

cool, illhave to look her up!  
Mi Casa Es Su Casa[[Languages from Around the World]]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces