Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Homo in Early Teens? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbow x Toxic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:57 pm
Ok so I'm 13 years old and in the 8th grade. Two of my friends [I'm gonna say their names are Julia and Cici- those are fake names] are homosexual. They're my same age [Well Cici is almost 14]. Well, they're both bisexual. Not 100% gay. My question is: Do you think that homosexuality in young teens is a stage or part of who they actually are, and do you think it will remain throughout their lives?

I've been asking this all over the Internet and these are the two main replies I've gotten:

a) I'm glad they could discover their sexuality so early, good for them! :]
b) It's a stage, and it will most likely pass.

So what do you think?

Discuss. Debate. And if anyone gives a crap about my opinion, ask me and I'll tell you :]  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:03 pm
First you say they're homosexual which translates to someone being attracted to the SAME sex, then you say they're bisexual, someone who is attracted to BOTH sexes, make up your mind.

When it comes to sexuality especially homosexuality it's not a choice nor is it a stage. The thing about attraction is that we don't know why we're attracted to certain things, we just are. Especially when you're in your young teens and trying to figure out your hormones.

Most kids come out of the closet in their early teens, or late teens fully accepting that they are what they are, they understand what they're attracted to, and know this will stay with them for their lives. Nothing is wrong with that.  

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Arashi Erina

Ruthless Hunter

17,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 pm
Usure naide anata yo
wazuka na toiki wo kikasete hoshii

I agree with Ravynne. Plus, it's good that they learned this fact. I hope that they don't get treated differently or wrongly because of it. Good luck to them both n.n

Chiisana kodou de naku
anata yo koko made oide

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 pm
>.< Oi, I don't really understand the difference but okay.

Well see, what some people say is that kids are just 'experimenting.' So thats what I meant by it being a stage.  

Rainbow x Toxic

Nakita Maceo

6,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:06 pm
I wanna know your opinion. Lol.

Anyways, homosexuality is not a choice or stage, as Ravynne says. It's something that'll stick to you for the rest of your life. It's completely and utterly natural, and there's very little to do about it.

..Though, nowadays, I've seen and heard of females that claim they're bisexual, but they truly are not and they just want attention.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 pm
OK. My opinion ^^:

I think that while it's something that just happens, its defiantly more of a choice than a stage. I agree; you can't choose who you love, but you can choose to be open about it and embrace it, or shrug it off and act like it's not there.

[If I'm not making sense... then sorry. neutral It's 11:10 at night >.>]  

Rainbow x Toxic

Rainbow x Toxic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:12 pm
Nakita Maceo

..Though, nowadays, I've seen and heard of females that claim they're bisexual, but they truly are not and they just want attention.

Which is why I HATE that katy perry song "i kissed a girl"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Well, I know 2 people that are openly bi and both are in their early teens. I'm also in my early teens but I'm straight so :P

Yes, sometimes people go through a phase, but it's just as likely they really could be gay or bi. Sometimes, yes, people can be mistaken about their sexuality. (if the way I put those sentences with each other doesn't make sense I can try to clarify sweatdrop )

I don't think "I kissed a girl" is so much about Katy Perry claiming to be bisexual, but that she was experimenting. But it did draw a lot of attention to her for sure xD

Oh, and we're in the same timezone ^^

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:28 pm
Rainbow x Toxic
>.< Oi, I don't really understand the difference but okay.

Well see, what some people say is that kids are just 'experimenting.' So thats what I meant by it being a stage.
Bisexual is basically when you're attracted to both Guys and Girls. Homosexuality is when you're attracted to either boys if you're a boy, or girls if you're a girl.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:53 pm
Well, my middle school health teacher told us in eighth grade that when you're in your young teens, most people have feelings for a friend of the same sex at one point because your hormones are doing something blah blah blah, but not all of the people that this happens to consider themselves homosexual or bisexual. but it is also true that many homo/bisexual people discover their sexuality in their early teens, so i guess you can't really know whether or not it's just something that will pass or something that will stick.
either way, it doesn't matter. they're your friends, so who cares.  

AThousandLullabies

5,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

poke the princess

Fashionable Ladykiller

6,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:01 pm
i dont think that they've experienced enough to know for sure. i know a lot of girls who say they're bi and then later decide that theyre straight.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:20 pm
Homosexuality and Bisexuality are different.
Bisexuality=attraction to both genders.
Homosexuality=attraction to same gender.

Bisexuality is always questionable when it comes to a young teen wanting to identify as that. This could very well be done as a ploy to gain popularity with the guys or just pure attention seeking. But it is possible that they are sincerely attracted to both genders and they can learn this at an early age. But they can also not know themselves that well and just think they like both but will later find out it was not the case. Just depends but I will always be skeptical when I hear a young teen claiming bisexuality from personal experience.  

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:35 pm
Emmm.
I don't think little teenies should be thinking about sex and such that seriously yet. Dx
Just enjoy who you are!
Don't get caught up in the dating fad.
Honestly, you're way too young.
You may not think it now (I definitely didn't!) but you are immature. You do have a ton of growing up to do. You can't love someone without first developing into yourself.
With all the new stresses that will be introduced in your life...the question of sexuality is something that really should be seriously addressed later.

Yeah, I'm bisexual.
I know what you're going through.
It's confusing. It's hard to understand why those little butterflies erupt for both guys and girls. I have a crush on a girl? It's not something you can entirely deny, even if maybe it's wrong, even if you tell yourself no. It just happens. It isn't a choice like many straight conservatives will push. It's a choice to ignore it, or to acknowledge it. Right now, just as with boys, do yourself a favor and ignore it. Flirt, have fun. Hang out and go to the movies. But you don't need "love" right now. I, and many others, regret focusing so much on petty "relationships." I was not ready at 13 to have a serious boyfriend. I would be just as not ready if it were a girlfriend!

NOTE: bisexuality does tend to be a phase.
It's often related to your suddenly raging hormones. Your mind and body are really, really confused. It's often part of the weird mood swings and random changes in interestes and tastes.
Sometimes not--most the time it won't carry on past peburty.
It's lasted much longer for me. I don't do it for attention (almost no one knows) and I'm not confused about it anymore.

(I am an overly protective mother hen, btw!!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:56 pm
It could be a stage, or it could be their true sexuality being discovered.

Personally, I've known I liked boys and girls since I was little.

What I hate is when people tell others that "oh you're not ____sexual." I'm sorry, you're not in my brain, you don't know who I am inside. Just because I don't live up to stereotypes or you've never seen me groping whatever-sex-person in public does not mean you know my sexuality.  

Traumatized Dollie

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:52 pm
What I hate (and I am not saying specificaly that any of you have said this) is when people say
"If you haven't done anything with a girl, then you can't like girls."
So basically what they are saying is: If a girl has a crush on a guy then it is fine, and probable, but if she likes a girl she is lieing to herself unless she gets physiciall. It goes on a basis of Heterosexuality being a default and saying that bisexual/homosexual girls are just doing it for the orgasm.
I hate it when people say that.

I remember when i was in highschool that I got a big crush on a girl in my grade. Her name was Lexi. she was short, cute, funny, pretty, and sweet. I still like her today, even though I have moved. But the next year when we started highschool someone told me that becuase i hadn't done anything with a girl, that I wasn't bisexual. so they were saying that all of those daydreams, the hopes and the love that i felt for that girl as strongly as I had felt for any guy at that time was a lie? No, it wasn't.

To this day i am still bisexual. I believe that if a girl feels that she likes othet girl, that she is probably bisexual.

I am sorry if I sounded angree or something in this, but that thought just came to mind and upset me for a bit. i have never been able to rant about it this freely before!  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff