Submit

Here or there?
  Here
  There
  Here AND there (and everywhere)
View Results

Andirigible

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:27 pm
I have one of these in the WF and it's a medium-popular topic (not like the Anti-Guide or anything, but it gets replies sometimes).

Basically, I have three rules for this thread:
Be literate.
Don't spam/bump/flame/etc.
This is about your characters, not real people.

You may rant about characters, ideas (or lack thereof), or Muses (unless your Muse is a real-life person other than yourself).
A lot of people (including myself) rant TO characters/ideas/etc.
And you don't even have to introduce us to anything. This is just a place for you to let off steam about your characters!

Be literate. Be kind. I don't want to babysit you.

Yeah... so have at it. Or go to the WF and rant there and make the thread longer & more popular. 3nodding [/shameless plug]  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:15 am
A rant thread? Awesome! I cast Wall of Text Level 2:

(Warning: Bitchiness Ahead)

So, I'm trying to write this horror story called True Horror of Man, and I want to be as original ith it as I can, but all of th ideas that I come up with it as creappy sh*it to happen to the main character, is all pulled from somewhere else It's nothing but a bunch of damn cliches. Everyone's already done it already! So how am I supposed to create an original, evocative horror story, when anything I'd throw at this guy would just be another, "oh, he got that from this!" and so on.
Also, It's not even coming out as a horror sory! I'm starting on my third chapter, have had maybe one 'creepy' incident (the independantly moving reflection cliche, by the way), and the rest is turning into a college dramedy. Ew. I've read enough of those, I don't want to write one. I mean, even the short story I've written, How To Tell A Story, is only 1300 words long, and it's already much creepier than my book seems to want to be. I haveone good slightly original thought, and I blow it on a short story. Way to freakin go, me!
On top of that, I've already decided on my project for NaNoWriMo, yet ANOTHER horror story, and I don't have a computer to write it with yet! (At my cousin's house, punching this out.) An all the good ideas I get? For completely unrelated stories! Like romance novels, fantasy short sories, some more... questionable materials. Not to mention all of my normal social crap (but I won't wother you with that here.).
Ok, I feel better. Thanks.  

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100

velvetsophisticate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:29 am
so i've got this piece i'm working on, called Death Becomes Me. basically, it's about a young, eighteen-year-old woman that finds out she's going to die when the angel of death crashes through her window. she's got eighteen days to live (one for every year of her life), and although i've got a solid plot outlined for the story, it's like my antagonist (the angel) won't let me write it! i'll start to write, get really into it and after writing a scene where he's confrontational and the main focus, i lose interest. i don't know what it is! i really do love that story, but i can't seem to find the inspiration to finish it! it's so AGGRIVATING!!
i wantwantwant to work on that story, but every time an idea pops in to my head, a vision of orestes (means "angel of death", quite literally, haha) comes to me and tells me to STFU and write something else!
but i don't WANT to write something else! i want to write DBM!

graaagghhhh, i had to get that off my chest.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:38 am
Hey Ven, listen up. Stop blocking me from writing. Your constant snappiness with Matthew is making it near-impossible for me to write. I used to love you to pieces, but you're becoming a very bitter person and I don't like it at all. I'm sick of you never telling him anything. How can I write about you guys and let you save the world if you don't let ME let you? C'mon girl, get real!  

MAYGUSTA

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Glaciofluvial

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:45 am
Dear symbolism and meaning,

You creep in and take over every passage in every story I write. Problem is I'm not Toni Morrison and I'm not a good enough writer to pull off that sort of thing.
Please, leave me alone and let me write my fluff in peace.

Best Regards,

Glaciofluvial

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:56 pm
To the Almighty Goddess,

Stop being a b***h to write about. It's hard enough to write about your two prophesied children since they keep sneaking off to god knows where. And the only thing your constant nagging is improving is my headache.

Sincerely,
Silver

The Silver Sundae

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:25 pm
i am so frustrated that i have no time to write. i hate you stupid work for making me work freaking 6 day work weeks. i have no time to sit down and think. and i'm frustrated that i can't come up with a decent idea. nothing is good enough anymore. i need a super awesome fantastic idea and i'm all out because all i can think about it stupid work drama and when my next freaking shift is. and oh my freaking god i need a day off so bad so i can relax and actually think. and no i don't want to write about work because then my life will actually be revolving around that s**t hole. and all of this is just giving me a headache... *deep breath* whew.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:46 pm
Dear Rags,

I know you are a large ham. I can deal with that.

What I can't deal with is your insistence on making every non-combat encounter between you and Jotun reference Castlevania. Really, I don't need you shouting Dracula's SotN lines at the top of your tiny little lungs. And Jotun, you need to stop responding with Richter's lines, it kills the tension to have all of this ham and cheese everywhere.

Your creator,
Venus

P.S. Rags, please stop telling me to draw you when you're busy giving people nightmares. I reallyreallyreally don't want to look up pictures of people who had their faces ripped apart in some horrific way just to draw you right.

P.P.S. Brain, stop giving me images that would give most people nightmares kthx.  

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

-S-Dancing_Star-S-

Dangerous Hunter

5,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 pm
Dear characters of "Fading Background,"
Okay, you guys are awesome... but that does not mean you can keep the story going on like this! I'm tired. Do you KNOW how long I have been working on this story? It's the first story I ever started by myself. EIGHT YEARS! EIGHT years of this same story... I need peace!

Sakura, you need to just die. There. I said it, die! Leave us in peace, I'm begging you. You talk WAAAY too much, and I can't take your flashbacks. They are killing me.
Kuro, you are one of my favorite characters. That being said, what are you DOING?! You had the perfect chance to end this story before we even got to Sakura, but noooo you had to be stubborn and protect your brother.
Ai, stop being so bubbly and cute, everyone can tell that you have an evil dark side.
Haiiro- you know what? FORGET IT, I don't even want to think about you. mad
Aneko, please stop making food, you're going to kill the rest of the characters.
Hikari, shut up. For the love of all that is good and right, shut UP! stressed There is too much love and drama in this story and I swear if you don't shut up I will KILL you... for real this time.
Rin, you need to get over Yuzuki. I have enough evil characters running about without you being evil too. Don't make me delete you! I'll do it! scream
Your Creator,
Melannie  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:58 am
Carlisle, You're a pompous idiot. End of story. And Why did I let my cousin talk me into naming you Carlisle?

Claude, Gemma and Will-Give me something to work with!! I have no Idea where your story is going.

Damian, You're becoming a cliche I fear. And you wonder why I haven't written about you in months.

And Q, stop being shuch a schizophrenic! It's annoying to write that part of your personality.  

nerdherd57

4,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:43 am
Dear Mendicant:

Why the ******** did I let myself make you a gorgon? gonk SO MANY SNAKES. *twitch* Also why did I name you Mendicant without checking the meaning first. *facedesk* At least it's somewhat fitting...

Dear Carnivora in general:

...Why the hell did a slice of life story with a freaking gorgon in it suckerpunch me in the face after reading surprisingly good gay romance novellas?

also why did this happen during nano god i swear my brain is actively attempting to sabatoge me  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:32 pm
Agni-Who are you? I mean I know the basics, but I feel like I know so much more about Gray & Eric than I do you.  

nerdherd57

4,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

SaraDiva728

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:34 am
Dear...

Suru=I'm sorry I can't write you better. I don't mean for you to come off as dumb, bratty, and very b1tchy. I'm just not sure how to write a character who's spent most of his life indoors as a slave, suddenly finds himself the son of an over-ambitious Ambassador from another world, and has no idea of just how bad his past life was because he was taught it was right. I'm sorry too, that you're new adoptive parent seems a little bland and sometimes info-dumpish. But I'm not sure how to do a character that's supposed to be somewhat Spock-like and still make them interesting (despite my adoration for Spock and troubled characters like him). And how else will you learn if he never takes a paragraph or two to answer your many questions? I don't know, but I swear I'll work harder (oh, and finish those conlangs).

Joseph/Snow and Beverly=I'm sorry your story sucks no matter how I try to write it. I must have started it five times by now, and you guys never get a good two pages out of months of work before I scrap you. One day, my loves. One day this horror will be finished, Joseph will betray you Beverly, and you will die that senseless death you don't deserve.

Jonathan Frey=Soon as I know I can write a proper slash, you and Roland will finally get your to chances to shine--I promise. I PROMISE. ((P.S. I think I'm almost there.))

Harley Adams and Gabriella Evening Wilson=Okay, I'll admit, I have absolutely no story for you guys (also a problem slowing Suru's progress). But I plan to have something someday. Til then, just keep being the best of friends/roommates and inhabiting that little space in the back of my head.

Bobby=*Sigh,* this may be the end for you, and I'm real sorry about it. I just don't know if your story will be interesting enough for other people to care about trudging through your thick country accent to read it. I mean, okay. A ten yr. old kid who stays behind with his dad when his older siblings leave the farm after your mother dies. You drop out of school and think that your doing good in helping your old man on the property until--five yrs. later, through droughts, deepening poverty, and a depression--your pop dies, and you're nervous about writing to your siblings for help. And... that's it. I just don't know about it. Maybe, and maybe not. Your future is uncertain, and I'm sorry.

Uncle Charles=Okay, dude, your whole d@mn family is messed up; making you almost seem normal when YOU'RE the one supposed to be traumitzed. However, you're so much fun to write. All I need is to study prison life a little more in-depthly--or, at least, life after it (oh, and learn slash for your nephew's sake)--and you'll be ready. Here's to the good times you'll bring if I can ever write you. X's and O's.

Aydrien Mombassa=I'm sorry your RP died just when it was getting good. I will not forget you, though. One day, I'll write that story I was planning for you. You'll come of age, discover yourself (both the human and the lycan), and you'll be reunited with your family. Your father hasn't failed you, and your family won't remain in exile, I just haven't wrote these things out yet. You'll even get to disappoint your family by marrying that girl nicknamed, 'Stix,' whom you love so dearly. How's that as reward for all of your patience? I know, I'm too generous.

--Sincerely all yours,
SaraDiva728

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces