Reply General Discussion
Go-Gaia! Remember when... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 am
Remember when Gothic Boots were worn by half (maybe more) of the female avi population because they were the only shoes that matched anything?

Remember when you made your account and all you started off with were peasant clothes? Unlike the spoiled new users of today who get a starter clothes set. ;P

I remember my first 1k gold being spent on Emo Glasses... the ones I'm wearing now. P:  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:57 am
i wasn't here for the go-gaia stage i arrived just after. but i do remember starting out with just peasants clothes and having to work so hard for my gold. i remember the kimono's were so expensive and i wanted one so bad and it took me forever to save. and back then my pride and joy were buying the purple upside-down boots because they were really expensive and all of my friends were jealous.  

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:23 am
i remember selling ports for 5k v_v  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:11 pm
i remember selling my steel-plated ninja band for 50k now it's 9 mil

i remember buying my coco kitty plushie for 20k when it first came out and buying the kiki for 30k  

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:43 pm
I think I got my kiki's around 20k also. I got 5 of them because I knew they'd be worth something... Now I'm down to 2 because I sold a few (during my on-and-off gaia time) to update my inventory.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:03 pm
i remember when the flying gift boxes and enchanted wooden trunks were worth over 10k maybe 30k... now they're worth 500 and the items suck. whereas before you were so lucky to get one to open it and get a... grass skirt?

i remember when grass skirts were fashionable and ian was blonde. when durem depot had the best punk/goth clothes and any shop update was fabulous you had to have the new set of everything.  

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:22 pm
There's another post here in GD where I mention the Grass Skirt thing. The one I have cost me 5k, lol.

Poor Ian, he's way better blonde. I only discovered his hair being black the other day, too. Was like "wtf."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:26 pm
So, I use to have old NPC pics, but I guess I got rid of them a while ago. =[ But I found this...

User Image

xd I have some other old inventory pics where the tabs are the old tabs/design. Ahhh, the old days. heart  

Lyvidian

kyubiiofrage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:27 pm
Remember when Cash Items were rare and didn't come out every single week? -_-;  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:31 pm
kyubiiofrage
Remember when Cash Items were rare and didn't come out every single week? -_-;

I wasn't here when they started coming out weekly. But I remember when MCs were the only cash items.  

Lyvidian

exdraghunt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:21 pm
Man, I remember begging my mom to let me mail in two bucks because the newest Monthly Collectible was So Freakin' Awesome.

Been a long time since I've felt a new item cool enough that it had to be bought.

Or having my avi decked out in just underwear for weeks at a time because i was trying so hard to save up for something. My Gwee took me forever to get. I was in gray undies for a month.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:36 pm
ah yes i miss the old days too.
that pic is amazing haha i've never seen that fish before.
and i've never went around in my undies... well i did for a day or two when those damn achievements came up.
yeah i miss when the new monthly collectibles were actually worth getting. it's been a while since they had a good new one. wait the new sword it pretty cool. that's about it. oh and remember when it was rare that an item did more then one thing. i mean a shirt was just a shirt back in the day. now you can wear something as a shirt/jacket/boots/hairstyle.  

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:04 pm
foxy_chick99_123
ah yes i miss the old days too.
that pic is amazing haha i've never seen that fish before.
and i've never went around in my undies... well i did for a day or two when those damn achievements came up.
yeah i miss when the new monthly collectibles were actually worth getting. it's been a while since they had a good new one. wait the new sword it pretty cool. that's about it. oh and remember when it was rare that an item did more then one thing. i mean a shirt was just a shirt back in the day. now you can wear something as a shirt/jacket/boots/hairstyle.

lol, totally agree with the last part. Items have so many functions now!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:20 am
I remember being so psyched cause I saved up 1k for my black high school long coat.

Then I started buying stuff with cash. Good times. I do like alot of the cosplay stuff they have. I was Haruhi for about a month.  

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:42 pm
exdraghunt
Or having my avi decked out in just underwear for weeks at a time because i was trying so hard to save up for something. My Gwee took me forever to get. I was in gray undies for a month.

I was in peasant clothes for a while when I started, because my first 1k was spent in Emo Glasses. XD  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff