Is this just lust? Will it pass?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FenHareI

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:10 pm
So, my boyfriend has been gone for a while. I never get the chance to talk to him, cause his aunt took him somewhere. But the last thing he said to me is that he will always love me. I do love him, don't get me wrong, I'm truly in love with him.

But then his friend comes along. Lets call him Trey. The whole thing started cause I texted him 'cause I saw a picture I thought was him, and I wanted to ask him so I could be sure. He says it was, and then the conversation started to turn more heated and sooner or later we were saying how much we wanted to ******** each other. I'm constantly thinking about that conversation for a few days now.

I care about him and stuff, like I care about what he thinks and all... But, I get this excited feeling whenever I think of me and him together sexually. But the thing is, that's all I can see us together as. Just having a physical relationship.

I don't want to leave my boyfriend for Trey. He means the whole world to me and I actually love him. I figured I'm just lusting over Trey.

TL;DR: I'm having the hots for my boyfriend's friend. I don't think I actually love him, I think I'm just lusting over him. So, I'm asking, will this feeling ever go away and am I'm really just lusting over him?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:12 pm
:<  

FenHareI

Beloved Prophet

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:50 pm
Lust by definition is a sexual obsession for someone else. While your boyfriend isn't present it would be best to just be cautious and not do anything drastic.

If you love your boyfriend, then try to think more about him, versus his friend. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:12 pm
It's called hormones. It'll pass~ ^.^  

L Bloodrose

6,100 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100

The Immortal Squid

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 pm
Yeah thats just lust, don't fret about it.
Just... don't act on it haha. That will be one HUGE can of worms if your boyfriend ever caught wind of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:38 pm
To be honest, you already went to far. If you care as much for your bf as you say you do you will let him know what is going on. I agree that it is indeed lust, but you should have never gotten into that conversation with any other guy, especially his friend. Now whenever you are with the two together there will be an odd tension, and your bf will possibly find out eventually anyway since the guy is his friend. It is best for him to find out about the conversation and emotions from you as soon as possible than maybe (and most likely) find out from his friend later and have to wonder why you never told him. Yes, he will be upset if he cares about you, but you got yourself into the situation and you should be a big enough person to let him know before it causes harm to your relationship which can't be fixed.

Besides, you haven't acted upon it, so its not a colossal problem, but it is a pretty big issue already, since you have went that far into a conversation with his friend.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

FenHareI

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:26 pm
Thanks, girls, for all the help.
I think I will tell him, but I don't know when he'll get the message... Since, I have no idea when he's getting back. I just don't want him to be all bummed when he gets back, and sees the message from me saying I had an erotic conversation with his friend...
But, that's besides the point, thanks again, girls.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:51 pm
it'll pass over  

XxEpic_PancakesxX

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

viper_353

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:35 pm
loup et hibou
Thanks, girls, for all the help.
I think I will tell him, but I don't know when he'll get the message... Since, I have no idea when he's getting back. I just don't want him to be all bummed when he gets back, and sees the message from me saying I had an erotic conversation with his friend...
But, that's besides the point, thanks again, girls.

maybe call him? Or actually tell him in person? That's probably better than a text, but good job for deciding to tell him anyway. That shows guts. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:18 pm
I don't know exactly how old you are, but I'm going to assume you're in your teens. Generally at that age, your hormones are constantly fluctuating, which is why teen sex is such a controversial subject. The fact is, humans can't control what turns us on and what turns us off. It just happens.

From a psychological perspective, because your boyfriend, who you really care for, is gone, you're left feeling lonely. Therefore when the "other guy" comes along, you feel excited. It's natural, and nothing you should feel ashamed of. Having sexual fantasies about someone other than your committed partner is generally acceptable as long as you're not acting out on them.

Nevertheless, if you're committed to your boyfriend, you should probably let him know what was going on. Communication is very important in a healthy relationship, and guys secretly do like to be reminded of how much their girlfriends love them. wink  

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items