Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:42 pm
Apparently Snooki, from Jersey Shore, is going to publish a novel. Here is the article from the Los Angeles Times.

And I quote from that short little article, "Snooki is trying to spin her image into Snooki-theme products and maybe a book, which undoubtedly she will never read...."

I don't watch Jersey Shore so I don't have anything to say on Snooki herself, but how do you feel about reality television stars publishing autobiographical books?

Or, knowing how the CSD likes to get off topic, anything remotely related to:
- reality TV
- TV stardom
- celebrity-published books
-Snooki
-the poor children who will read this (this being either the book or this discussion)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:16 pm
There are plenty of people who do reality TV whose books I would read. This one, no.

However, I would be willing to bet that some of the people from Ice Road Truckers and The Deadliest Catch have some good things to write about. Miami Ink, too. And then there's a cooking contest shows, and those related to them ... Gordon Ramsay is a p. cool guy.

Not all reality shows are ridiculous drama and sheer idiocy.  

All Purpose Muling Device

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:17 pm
I don't have anything against Snooki (or any celebrity) writing a book, but I'm really interested in seeing what her writing level is. X3  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:35 pm
More power to her, I guess.  

Lydia Blue

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:40 pm
Lyvidian
I don't have anything against Snooki (or any celebrity) writing a book, but I'm really interested in seeing what her writing level is. X3

That will be interesting, to say the least. I wonder what it would be like, if Lady Gaga published a book about herself? he cover would probably light up and play Bad Romance when you opened the cover.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:59 pm
Eylios
Lyvidian

That will be interesting, to say the least. I wonder what it would be like, if Lady Gaga published a book about herself? he cover would probably light up and play Bad Romance when you opened the cover.

Totally not Gaga's style. The book wouldn't play music. It would be ridiculously downplayed to the point where you sincerely doubt that she actually had anything to do with it at all.  

Feline Anachronism

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:06 pm
I was unaware that Snookie is able to read.

That's unfair, actually. I've never seen Jersey Shore; my opinion is based on hearsay.

Totally not Gaga's style. The book wouldn't play music. It would be ridiculously downplayed to the point where you sincerely doubt that she actually had anything to do with it at all.

I could see it having a rather minimalist cover design, probably with some sort of political message behind it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:30 pm
i laughed so hard when i saw
she wants to write a book!
what the hell would it be about?
how she "invented the pouf" and tanning salons?

not really something i'd read.

velvetsophisticate

SugarRos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:06 am
Waaaah~ I love Jersey Shore! It cracks me up! I might pick up her book for a few laughs, too. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:23 am
Feline Anachronism

That's unfair, actually. I've never seen Jersey Shore; my opinion is based on hearsay.

How is it unfair that someone with money is publishing a book? Or am I reading wrong?  

Lyvidian

SugarRos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 am
Lyvidian
Feline Anachronism

How is it unfair that someone with money is publishing a book? Or am I reading wrong?

You read it wrong, lol. She was saying that it was unfair for her to say that Snookie can't read when she's never actually seen the show and just goes by what she hears. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 am
Who's Snookie?  

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:45 am
Giyari
Who's Snookie?

Reality TV "star," from Jersey Shore. I've never seen the show, only paradoies of it and their actors on SNL.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 am
Lyvidian
Giyari
Who's Snookie?

Reality TV "star," from Jersey Shore. I've never seen the show, only paradoies of it and their actors on SNL.

SNL? XD Clearly I'm too foreign for this lmao!!  

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:55 am
Giyari
Lyvidian
Giyari
Who's Snookie?

SNL? XD Clearly I'm too foreign for this lmao!!

Saturday Night Live. Sorry, assumed everyone would know it. XD;  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces