Submit

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:03 pm
I was wondering if anyone had noticed an increase in the traffic on their sites after they posted the links on the billboard. I' not trying to dog it's usefullness, I'm just curious. How much has it helped you?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 pm
I don't think I've noticed more traffic... not that I've been checking.

I just checked. My FictionPress has gotten zero hits and zero visitors since I put it up, which is what it usually gets. And that probably means my other pages haven't gotten any traffic.  

Andirigible

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:31 am
Yeah, you're right, most people don't check the Billboard. However, one time I made an announcement touting some roleplay guilds in there, and they got a lot of hits. I intend to make a similar announcement again, with the other links in there.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:31 am
Eylios
Yeah, you're right, most people don't check the Billboard. However, one time I made an announcement touting some roleplay guilds in there, and they got a lot of hits. I intend to make a similar announcement again, with the other links in there.

Sounds like a great idea, Eylios!
Maybe do a user spotlight announcement weekly or something?

pythonesque
Crew

Kawaii Fatcat

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:21 pm
pythonesque
Eylios

I was thinking more often than that, since there's a 1500 character limit for Announcements. There's only so much we can cram in there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm
Eylios
pythonesque
Eylios

I was thinking more often than that, since there's a 1500 character limit for Announcements. There's only so much we can cram in there.

How about a donation incentive? Donate (insert amount here), and have a spotlight done of your webpages?

Maybe not, even as I'm typing it I'm seeing it go horribly awry... Maybe the every other day thing wold work better. Either way, I like the spotlight idea.

Edit: (shaelessly points down) I love MS Paint and URL coding. This is fun.  

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items