Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
3D TV is worse for your eyes then regular TV.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:21 pm
http://blogs.computerworld.com/15959/warning_3d_tv_can_be_harmful_to_your_health

It's not just here, but you can find ALOT of vast reports from various big time news sources that have talked about 3D TV being very stressful on your eyes. The difference between the Three Dimensional world we know as reality and that on a TV screen is worlds apart, reality has depth where the 3D in movies and TV is no more then an optical illusion.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:20 am
A friend of mine has a large 3D TV, video games are amazing on it but you do have to take breaks or your eyes start to hurt after a while. Especially if you have the convergance up high(where it pops out of the screen, as opposed to depth) because then you are unnaturally focusing your vision on a point that would be behind you.  

scrub
Crew

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:45 am
That goes without saying, my friend. dx

Like Scrub said, though, it's fantastic and as long as you take breaks, you're fine.

Also, watching hi-def channels on those, I've heard, can wear out the television after a long time. Not too sure about, though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:54 pm
Nexus Carbuncle

Like Scrub said, though, it's fantastic and as long as you take breaks, you're fine.

Also, watching hi-def channels on those, I've heard, can wear out the television after a long time. Not too sure about, though.
That wouldn't really surprise me, my four year old Sharp LCD 1080i has a smuge of some sort in the picture.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Aaditya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:48 pm
That's definitely no surprise, but if you follow normal guidelines and do the rule of twenties with any screen (after twenty minutes of screen watching, look at something 20 feet away for twenty seconds) the eyestrain should be minimal.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:39 pm
Oh s**t. My dad just bought a new 3D TV for his house.  

Sophisticated Simplicity

Greedy Cat

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:58 pm
I sell 3D TVs and you can turn off the 3D effect and still have an amazing pic. The 3Ds I have seen have either been plasmas or LED 240Hz TVs.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:03 pm
Kosai Avonej
Nexus Carbuncle

That wouldn't really surprise me, my four year old Sharp LCD 1080i has a smuge of some sort in the picture.

My parents' is completely, utterly, and irreparably ********; you can watch it for about an hour, and after that, bring up the guide and it stays "inked" in. Turn up the volume? Inked. Then, more and more "ink" covers the screen until you can't watch it.

Nexus Carbuncle

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:03 am
It really doesn't take a genius to figure that out. The thing is people just don't give a damn. If it looks awesome, they're gonna watch it just like how even though everyone knows McD clogs arteries, it's so cheap, accessible, and delicious that people continue to buy it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:28 pm
This isn't really too shocking to be honest. =/
I'd much rather just have my regular tv then a 3D tv.. not to mention I don't want to need to wear the funny glasses just to watch it. sweatdrop

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

abkvs

Trash Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:20 pm
Intoxikace
This isn't really too shocking to be honest. =/
I'd much rather just have my regular tv then a 3D tv.. not to mention I don't want to need to wear the funny glasses just to watch it. sweatdrop
Amen to this. Especially because I would lose the glasses in a day anyways. XD"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 am
Normal screens/monitors hurt my eyes bad enough as it is.
I reckon I'm gonna need to get glasses if I stay in my line of work.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:49 am
de.Lici.ous
Your local pharmacy can help you, most of them sell reading glasses that might be able to help. 3nodding

Then theres the glasses problem I have with 3D, I have a fat head and being clumsy like I am I'll just lose the glasses and be out 40 bucks. stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:41 am
Kosai Avonej
de.Lici.ous
Your local pharmacy can help you, most of them sell reading glasses that might be able to help. 3nodding

Then theres the glasses problem I have with 3D, I have a fat head and being clumsy like I am I'll just lose the glasses and be out 40 bucks. stressed

Whoa you can find 3D glasses for 40? Where?! Mine were 150 and that's MSRP!  

Aaditya

[ s e m p e r ]

Distinct Explorer

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:39 pm
Hmmm sucks. I never thought about how bad it is for your eyes. Then again, playing video games for hours on end and I wonder why I get headaches. :[  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games