Reply 17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies
Life Without Music: Just Imagine It

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:15 am
I know a lot of people say that music is their life, that they can't live without it. But, come on, just imagine it. Imagine life with no music. No Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, Rap, R&B, Classical Music, or even Alternative. Nothing, zilch!

So, tell me, how would it affect your life if you had no music to listen to.

I know, that if I had to live life without music, I'd have nothing to do. Commercials would be a bore, and I would have nothing to do with my free time. :/ Life without music, trutfully, would be scary.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:53 am
I heard that without music you would eventually go crazy...I'm not sure if that's true though.

FairieCorpse624

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200

MightyWonderWoman

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:08 am
Well, a lot of things could happen to me. Music has really helped me shape into who I am today, and I don't mean just by songs that I think represent me, but actually did have a major affect...

You see, at one time I used to be over 200 pounds and barely 5'5, needless to say I tipping the overweight scale into obsesity, and I realized something needed to be done but I also knew it took a whole-lot of something to keep me motivated and losing weight hardly ever crossed my mind.

When I was at the doctor's office one day about four or five years ago, she pretty much said that if I didn't lose weight and lose it soon, I'd just be a jiggling body of health problems and might even die if I continued my habits. At first she just tried telling me to exercise with my mom jumping down my throat; that didn't work. Then later on she suggested buying an MP3 and taking walks.

Greatest. Thing. Ever.

Walking while listening to music not only made me feel relaxed and help lift a lot of stress off of my shoulders; but it gave me time to get away from people in the house and have "me" time and of course, exercise.

In addition to that, I lost about 45 pounds in a span of... hm... maybe a year or two (because I just walked, I wasn't concerned about eating habits or other exercises) and let's just say my doctor was REALLY surprised by it. I'm actually still losing weight, I have another ten pounds to go before I'm completely "ideal".

But, seriously, if it wasn't for having music with me while walking I know I wouldn't have gotten this far. Not only has music opened this door in my life and made me feel awesome, but I also learned to show appreciation towards all kinds of music: pop, rock, heavy metal, japanese, korean, chinese, italian... and so on. To me, as long as the beat and music sound good, I don't care who it's by.

On a less drastic note, music during walking has also helped me a lot on writing. I've liked writing since before I was losing weight, and well, music just inspires me.

...Sorry for the block post, but this was one of those subjects that I just felt I needed to tell people about. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:28 am
@Fairie:
Actually, that sounds really scary, although it does sound like it's possible. I guess I won't try to test that out. I haven't gone one day without music. Music's everywhere.

@Kootoni-Chan:
I agree, walking while listening to music is one of the greatest things ever. It helps take your mind off of the excercises you're doing too, it's just awesome.

Music inspires me in my writing, art, and even writing my own music.

And, that's alright, I don't mind reading ayways. =3

gas powered stick

Fille aux Cheveux de Lin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:40 am
No no no! I refuse to think of life without music - For truly, music is my life!
I, like my username suggests, am I harpist. And the harp is my life.
I want to be a music therapist...
Music inspires everything I do. I write poetry. I sing. I play. Unlike the orange adverts, I am not who I am because of other people. I am who I am because of music.

There are academies of music - these would just shut down!
Culture as we know it would be diminished indeed.
Even computer games would be crap!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't even want to entertain the idea. My mp3 player has become a crutch, especially when I'm drawing or exercising.

User Image

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:01 am
@Josephine the Harpist:
Mmm yes, it seems that our world just runs on music. Animes would suck, and as you said, computer games would be c***. My music makes me who I am, without it, I wouldn't be me.

@Bloody Vaginal Belch:
Yeah, I agree.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:51 pm
If I didn't have music I'm not sure where I'd be. Last year, first year of highschool, I didn't have any friends and was always sad and alone, I honestly think I might have been clinicly depressed or something, anyways about halfway through the year I met a guy who was in band (I had been in band in middle school but quit because I thought it was time for a change) so after meeting my friend I started hanging out with the bandos, and I realized just how much I missed playing music. Playing music and being with people who care about me, it makes me feel so happy and so alive. So this year I'm in band and I have to best friends in the world and I'm loving every minute of it. I honestly think my friends saved me, but it was the love we share for music that brought us together.  

Luca Grey

Lupine Shapeshifter

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:18 pm
I'd probably go insane. I rely on it too much.
On bus to school - turns on i-Pod to drown out little kids.
At school - turns on i-Pod to drown out little kids/my math teacher.
Library duty -i-Pod on=books on the shelf. Turn off i-Pod to kick out noisy little kids
Bus ride home - i-Pod ON.
Chores - i-Pod on.'
Study - Radio on.
Sleep - radio on.

Life without music would be full of noisy annoying little kids. Argh!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:05 am
If there were no music I'd probably wind up dead because, music has helped me through a lot of tough times >.< Whenever I listen to music all my problems disappear....so I don't really think that it would ever be possible for me to get through life without music D:  

iiMiss Seductive

5,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:19 am
Shut it! K R A Y Z E H' S talkin'!

~~~~~~~~

I can't imagine it.
I mean i actually can't.
What else will i blast when i feel hyper/sad/angry?!User Image

xd

~~~~~~~~

Right, NOW you can talk!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:48 am
It would be scary
For one: No music ~ no humming, and people at least hum every once in a while in a day.
Second: No singing in the shower
Third: No music anywhere ~ and neither in church X(...
Fourth: I would just go crazy... I listen to music everyday ^_^  

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100
17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers