Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Makeup : To Wear, Or Not To Wear Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Makeup?
  It gives girls beauty and self confidence. Without makeup, imagine how many girls would enjoy looking at themself in the mirror.
  It gives girls low self-esteem. And they eventually lost all sense of beauty, relying soley on makeup to make them look pretty.
  Makeup? Oooh, I don't wear makeup. Some makeup can actually make you look worse.
  Who needs an explanation? Makeup is cool. I wear it almost everyday.
  Oooh! A poll. -clicks- Wait -- Makeup? Hehe, I wasn't even paying attention.
  I think I'll explain my opinion in my post. Polls are useless.
View Results

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:53 pm
Okay, so, I know a lot of girls that wear makeup. Some wear it everyday, some rely on it to feel beautiful, and some of them wear it occasionally on special occasions (Such as parties, etc.)

So, I, myself, don't wear makeup. I've never worn it once. For one thing, my mom won't allow me, and the second, I don't want to rely on makeup to make myself feel better. (I've already got a low self-esteem. I don't find myself beautiful in any way.) I'm surrounded constantly by friends who wear makeup, everytime I see them, I find myself thinking, 'Does it really matter?'

So, my question is, do you think that makeup is really important? And, do you wear it? If so, how often do you put it on?

[If this doesn't belong in the Debate subforum, please forgive me.]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:59 pm
I don't mind it.
I usually wear it when I want to look good for a day--say I'm hanging out with the guy I like, or going to some sort of interview.
Recently I lost all my makeup remover and have been too lazy to replace it, so I haven't worn any for a monthish--but before I would wear it usually Mon, Fri, Sun. Pretty much on the days I don't fence, and therefore won't have to worry about sweating it off!!
I guess I do think that I look better with it on--that's the point of it!--but I look pretty without it too. Makeup just draws attention to different parts of your beauty!
I can understand though if you don't want to depend upon it to feel nice. I just think that knowing how to put it on well is a nice skill to have in case there's ever a big occasion, or an interview in which you want to show that you care.
It has it's place definatley. heart  

viper_353

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:16 pm
I do not believe make-up is really that important, I believe it is more like a fun activity to do. Yes, I will actually go and do my make-up for the fun of it, even though I'll wash it off in the next 20 minutes.

I do wear make-up everyday because I like it, simply. Although, be comfortable in your own skin before you rely on make-up to do all the work.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:16 pm
Although I don't, for the most part, have low self-esteem, I do wear make-up.

I use foundation daily because I have massive red acne scars. Mostly, though, it locks my moisturizer in place so I don't have to keep reapplying it throughout the day.
(I have extremely dry skin prone to crackage and even bleeding.)

Other than that, however, I don't wear much make-up because, honestly, a la natural is sooo much more preferable. It's obvious that a girl caked up in stuff is a Plane-Jane underneath. What's more attractive is enhancing what you've got! My eyes are, admittedly, quite lovely--so I wear some eyeliner and mascara to make them more noticeable. I have high, prominent cheekbones that are nicely accentuated with a swipe of blush. Not to mention my lips which, according to my sweet-heart, are full and kissable --- and that touch of pink glimmer makes them all the more tempting, not to mention soft and tasty. ;D

SO short-version: makeup is great for BRINGING OUT what you've already got (and, yes, covering up the occasional imperfection )-- not blatantly faking what you don't have.

However; makeup can be an all-around pain and will seriously clog your pores if you neglect removing it.
It's difficult to know just how much to put on.
It takes practice and time to figure out how to properly "disguise" it.
It should be "disguised" because if you wear too much and try to cover up every little flaw -- it's painfully obvious when you don't have time to "put your face on" in the morning.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:27 pm
Do you think that makeup is really important?
- No. I think it is okay if you want to wear it but it is totally up to you and how you feel about it, just like the way you dress.

Do you wear it?
- Yes. I love eye makeup. I have toned it down a lot lately and have just been wearing eyeliner, mascara, and maybe some lip gloss.

If so, how often do you put it on?
- Occasionally. It just depends on if I want to wear it or not. For a while I did eye and lip makeup every day, then it got to where I didn't wear any at all for months. Now I have been wearing what I listed above for a little while.

I don't wear foundation/powder because I don't really have a need for it and I have sensitive skin so it tends to dry out and get flaky/break out D:

I did just buy a tinted moisturizer and it's okay, but I still prefer to just stick with eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss XD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:33 pm
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

Do you think makeup is important?
Meh. I don't like to leave the house without concealer on at least, but I know plenty of people that don't wear any. It's a matter of personal opinion.
Do you wear it?
Yeppers.
How often do you put it on?
I wear foundation/concealer every day (for school or just going to Safeway; I put it on in the morning). On school days, depending on how tired I am when I wake up, I might use some purple eyeliner (it's not very bright, and it brings out my eyes in a cool way) and maybe mascara. If I'm going somewhere like the mall or dinner, I use eyeshadow, and choose the color based on how it looks with what I'm wearing, then the eyeliner based on the eyeshadow. I've really been experimenting with bright colors lately, and they're so much fun!

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

thespeckledfreckle

Fashionable Streaker

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:57 pm
I love makeup!
I wear it everyday, but not much. I put eyeliner on the bottom and in the corners and I wear mascara and powder.
However, I don't have lowself esteem..at all really. Not like I think I'm the most beautiful girl in the world, I'm just..comfortable in my own body(:
And I find..literally EVRY girl I see beautiful. No clue why though!
Sometimes it's just fun to put on, though!! I dunno, It helps add more color to your face...and make your eyes and lips look nice! biggrin

o 3o

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:12 pm
I've worn makeup for ballet recitals (where it was required) and a couple of dances, but otherwise I never use any. I've never really understood why I should be so obsessed with my appearance; everyone should maintain a certain level of hygiene, and I understand (and use) things like chapstick, but spending an hour+ getting ready every day is ridiculous.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:17 pm
Zephyrkitty
I understand (and use) things like chapstick, but spending an hour+ getting ready every day is ridiculous.

Agreed. I don't like waiting that long for somebody just to get ready, it's just ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:18 pm
Ooh~! Dang girl, I remember thinking just like you.
But even though you may not think that you're pretty, who's to say that sprucing yourself up with makeup won't make you even prettier? Heck, make those other girls jealous. rofl I remember when I first started wearing makeup in High School. ALL the girls that once picked on me just stopped, and tried to find reasons to pick on me, but were never able to.
And believe me. That, is one HECK of an ego boost.
You don't have to wear anything that makes you look superficial. Go for a more natural look. Just some base, light blush, and lip gloss go a LONG way.  

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:22 pm
ChibiLlama4
But even though you may not think that you're pretty, who's to say that sprucing yourself up with makeup won't make you even prettier? Heck, make those other girls jealous. rofl I remember when I first started wearing makeup in High School. ALL the girls that once picked on me just stopped, and tried to find reasons to pick on me, but were never able to.
You don't have to wear anything that makes you look superficial. Go for a more natural look. Just some base, light blush, and lip gloss go a LONG way.

I don't know, I'm still not all so sure. I've tried lip gloss before...I didn't like it very much. Haha. sweatdrop Even if I wore makeup, I just don't think that I'd be able to work it. >o<  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ugh, I don't wear makeup. It's a pain in the a**, really. I've always thought it was used mainly by ugly people who want to feel better about themselves. Not that I consider myself good looking, mind.

User Image

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:30 pm
Monochrome Monster
ChibiLlama4

I don't know, I'm still not all so sure. I've tried lip gloss before...I didn't like it very much. Haha. sweatdrop Even if I wore makeup, I just don't think that I'd be able to work it. >o<

Bah, I'm sure you don't look THAT bad. I work at McDonalds. And I've seen things. Oh.. I've seen things... gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:32 pm
Do I wear makeup?
Yes, ma'am.
Is it important?
Not at all.
I think it's a little depressing how all these girls glob on the makeup just because they believe they need it to be 'pretty'.
Every girl has something beautiful about themselves and, really, who wants to look like a Barbie doll anyway?
I wear both a liquid and a pressed powder foundation to even out my skin tone and, I'll admit, a very racoonish amount of black eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow.
I do this because I like the way it looks on my face; kind of like how a girl would wear a blouse that they think is cute.
Makeup should be something that you do to enhance your own natural beauty or just because you feel like putting it on.

flangella

Wheezing Sex Symbol

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:48 pm
Iwear makeup every day.
I don't do it for self-esteem, but I do it because it makes me feel more me.

And no, I'm not one of those girls who cake everything on.
I just wear a lot of eyeliner.

This is me.
All eyeliner.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out