Back to Guilds

Tags: writing, stories, character, development, feedback 

Reply General Discussion
Writer's Block: Your Ideas? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I've never had writer's block. What do you think?
  I hate you. No, like... I really, really hate you right now.
  *runs away crying. Trips on a box of cereal. Eats the box of cereal. Runs away crying again.
  I WAS going to give you a cookie, but....
  Who cares about writer's block when you have Luuuuv.
  I want a pizza. Does anybody have pizza?
  Lucky!!!
  If I were a flower growing wild and free all I'd want is you to be my sweet honey bee (SONG TIME!!!)
View Results

damaged-reality

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:38 am
I've never had writer's block.
Never.
I don't know why. Maybe I have too many ideas, or something, but I've always had something to write about. I don't know what it feels like, though I can imagine.

So what's it like? What goes through your head during writer's block?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am
well for me i have nothing going through my head. i'll sit down to write something and there's nothing. or when i do try to write something i absolutely hate it. i'll try to come up with a new idea and i just hate everything about it. it won't be imaginative enough for me i'll hate my writing style or i won't be able to write at all. i'll just be staring at a blank page or the blinking cursor line and think WTF.  

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Arabian Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:14 pm
Writer's block, I seem to suffer from it a lot. I can have a wonderfully thought out idea swimming around in my head, a vivid image that plays out clearly, but when I go to write it out, I don't seem to have the words in mind to do so.
I suppose I suffer from a case of weak vocabulary. If I didn't know what a toilet was called, I would refer to it as the round, porcelain house appliance full of water found in most restrooms.
I just don't know what a lot of things are called; I am forced to name them merely by a description, and that makes my writing weak. I will begin writing something and come to an abrupt halt because, "and she stared sickeningly into the round, porcelain house appliance full of water..." just doesn't fit right, get my drift?
I laugh at myself, but I've been trying to combat this problem. I do a lot of research and try to find the proper names for things.
Right now it's a matter of finding different brands of pants besides slacks, jeans, and sweats. : P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 pm
Arabian Sad
Right now it's a matter of finding different brands of pants besides slacks, jeans, and sweats. : P

Trousers, shorts, lederhosen.

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Arabian Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:15 pm
Eylios
Arabian Sad

Thanks. : )
Got anymore? Preferably long?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 pm
When I get it, it's tragic. I have a bunch of fanfictions, novels, short stories, etc and I can't continue a sing one of them! Even worse, I can't think of an idea for a new one! crying  

chesiregirl

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:50 pm
Arabian Sad
Eylios
Arabian Sad

Thanks. : )
Got anymore? Preferably long?

cargo pants, dress pants, skinny jeans, cut offs, khakis, camo, PARACHUTE PANTS!!! lmao.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:14 pm
I usually get writer's block when I'm trying to do too much at the same time. My mind stops moving, and I get stressed, which of course makes things worse.  

Feline Anachronism

-S-Dancing_Star-S-

Dangerous Hunter

5,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:13 pm
When I get writer's block I start typic nonsese, or really whatever comes to mind and eventually I think of a good idea and keep going... either that or I have something funny to read for a later date lol  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:17 pm
For me it's like cruising along and suddenly coming to a dead end street and realizing that you have to back track to find the right route. LOL

I'm writing, and it's all coming together and then suddenly I'm like...wait, what just happened? Er...how do I get to point C from my current point A when that just happened? Sometimes I just need to step away for awhile. Or bat ideas around with someone else. Sometimes I realize that it's as simple as erasing the last sentence I wrote, because it was what threw me off course. (Self editing as you write. LOL)  

Xiao Xianyu

4,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:23 pm
My writer's block usually manifests as an unwillingness to write. At all. I sit down and try to think of something, but a large part of me REALLY, REALLY doesn't want to. SO I come back to it maybe a day later or something. It gets really bad when It's mid chapter. For awhile, I had like 5 chapters for different stories only halfway done.

Also, slicks, bellbottoms, belters, leathers, carharts, *shudder* capri pants....  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:15 pm
With Writer's Block, I usually go quite a few weeks without really writing anything creative. I still think of a lot of ideas and thing, but I just can't seem to sit down and put a pen to paper (or my fingers to laptop keys, hm). I have no desire to actually write, I'm just in a sort of limbo.

I usually just push myself to write or to do prompts and it works itself out.

pythonesque
Crew

Kawaii Fatcat

Lexi0927

3,850 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:39 pm
Whenever I have writer's block, it is a tragic feeling that lasts for days and I begin reading all the books in my bookcase (it is a rather big bookcase) and i'll just begin writing about that until my cursed writer's block ends.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:58 pm
It's more that I'm not in the mood to write than writer's block. I have tons of ideas, but it's just finding the one that gets me motivated that gives me problems.  

Drathi

Beloved Mage

Appelsina

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:36 pm
I always thought of writer's block as the inability to get an idea straight. The same thing as thinking of a plotline or a purpose of an item.

I write, draw, and sleep on my journal and I always have more to write. I've never had an idea that was good enough for me. I've always thought of many things, attempted to get the 'straight', but I've always failed. My journals, all of them, are filled to the brim.

It may be because my to quench my satisfaction, it needs to run through my mind like I just found out the formula to the odd growth spurt of the ever-growing universe. All the things I think of now only run through my head like Campell's Chicken Noodle Soup. It'll be good for a while, I'll get tired of it.

To be honest, it's a horrible feeling to have. I've lived with it for the past seven notebooks (A little over two years). I always have ideas, but I can never get them worked out...I'm very indecisive, which is probably another reason why I'm never satisfied.

Oh wise one, show me the ways.

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces