Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Yuri Vs Yoai tags Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orion_s Charm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:24 pm
I'm a woman, who is bi. I'm very dominate, and I take a very in charge role sexually. You men get great ways of saying where you stand in the relationship, ie: Seme, Seke, Uke. Yet, I have not seen a set of words that are use in the same way for women. It's not fair, damnit. The definitions describe those roles as being male. Am I just not finding the female equivalent? Or is it true that we simply don't have them? If not, I vote we make some. Women can be dominate, or submissive, or a switch. The idea of women being limited to the use of the direct definitions that a Dominatrix would use, or to apply the words used for the male gender is simply unfair. I say we make this PC!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:47 pm
I agree, but I can't think of any xP  

Excalibur Foxe

Valiant_Moon

Romantic Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:48 pm
Some of my friends once thought that they were more genderless terms...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:02 pm
Orion_s Charm
I'm a woman, who is bi. I'm very dominate, and I take a very in charge role sexually. You men get great ways of saying where you stand in the relationship, ie: Seme, Seke, Uke. Yet, I have not seen a set of words that are use in the same way for women. It's not fair, damnit. The definitions describe those roles as being male. Am I just not finding the female equivalent? Or is it true that we simply don't have them? If not, I vote we make some. Women can be dominate, or submissive, or a switch. The idea of women being limited to the use of the direct definitions that a Dominatrix would use, or to apply the words used for the male gender is simply unfair. I say we make this PC!

um,ok, im kinda confused? i see what your wanting to do i think but i thought any gender could be be descibed as dominate, or submissive, or a switch or is there something im not understanding here?  

blackroze_dragon

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

Bridget Paloumar

5,500 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:33 pm
I was always under the impression that Seme and Uke, at least, were unisex terms...was I wrong? *confused look inserted here*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:06 pm
Bridget Paloumar
I was always under the impression that Seme and Uke, at least, were unisex terms...was I wrong? *confused look inserted here*

That's what I thought... Me and my friends use it as a unisex term in any case...

Alyska_the_Original

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Valiant_Moon

Romantic Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:18 pm
Alyska_the_Original
Bridget Paloumar

That's what I thought... Me and my friends use it as a unisex term in any case...

Same here.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:27 am
Bridget Paloumar

That's exactly what I thought.
I've been using them for both anyway ^^"  

JacobThorne

6,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

Orion_s Charm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:46 pm
um,ok, im kinda confused? i see what your wanting to do i think but i thought any gender could be be descibed as dominate, or submissive, or a switch or is there something im not understanding here?

Yes, you are missing the fact that Uke, Seme, Seke are male gendered terms, yet women do not have a set for their use, sole for the use of women. Yes, any gender can use the terms Dominate, Submissive, and Switch. Yet, we, as women, do not have a set belonging to us. This seems sexist in my opinion.

Uke, Seme, Seke are gender oriented roles assigned to MEN based on their sexual preference in the male on male relationship. Many people have assumed them to be unisex. They are not.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:56 am
Orion_s Charm

It's probably because of the fact these are stereotypes used in anime and manga, and gay couples in manga and anime send the fan girls crazy, especially in Loveless xD
It doesn't really matter anyway, it's just a stupid word made up by some person no one remembers.  

MagicalFlutes

Used Jello

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:39 am
I assumed that the three words worked for both...but you see it more often in Yaoi then Yuri.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:16 am
Neko and Tachi are sometimes used in yuri relationships. Neko being submissive and Tachi being dominant.  

Cody Convicted

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:31 pm
blackroze_dragon
Orion_s Charm

Actually, nowadays they're unisex terms  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:54 pm
Are we talking about real life or anime?  

Sai-chibitalia

Rainbow Hunter

Raezer

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:17 pm
There actually are yuri equivalents. There's neko (girl uke) and ... Tachi (girl seme). There not well known outside of super-otaku circles, but spread the word and maybe we can get them out there. 3nodding  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff