Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Art and Creativity (Show off your creativity here!)
Working on art related to THoR (GL Thread)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:36 pm
Well, it's been no secret that we've been trying to redesign the guild a bit, and get things in shape. I've just been rather slow at it is all. I'm going to use this thread to show off art related things that I'm working on for it... mainly works in progress for the banners and front page images and such.

For now, I have the rough concept of our new front guild page image that I've been tinkering around with for a little while. It's missing some elements in the picture, but I went ahead and partially outlined/inked it anyway. BlackMN, if you could remind me what the other elements and such where in the picture that I needed to add, that would be great.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:59 pm
*Waves arms around*

meee! You're missing me!

you can either do that one idea (cat/apple thing) ooorororor a character...or whatever you want...cause..you know, artistic freedom, etc. xD;

...it also looks very good. : D  

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 am
I told him that when he first showed that off... but maybe he doesn't want others posting in his art thread? Well you failed to say so XD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:51 am
I don't mind others posting here, I welcome it actually.

Though I'm gaining a growing distaste for the current banner that I'm working on. I think it's mostly because of the not so well drawn guy in the corner with the robot he's working on. I might just erase all that and replace it with a giant robot of some sort, or something else sci-fi-ish.

Also, thinking about doing one of Psy's characters on top (after expanding the canvas a little further up), along with the apple/cats idea, maybe with a pair of vampire bats to represent Black's vampire characters.

My growing distaste for the banner though has kept me from wanting to work on it. I need to hurry up and just erase that part I don't like and see if I can "fix it", or if I need to start all over again. >_>;  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Neon Synth

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:50 am
You should Have some of the active Guildmembers In a hall like that Welcoming people in biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:23 pm
I had thought about that neon, and while it's a good idea, it seems to have been done quite a bit... but maybe I'll think of something if this one doesn't work out for whatever reason. Maybe some of the members/characters just lounging around in comfy seats or something.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 am
I liked that scruffy looking guy.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:17 am
I like the character too, but he needs some major refinement. I'm not ready to use him in a completely finished art piece yet. I don't like his outfit, pose, etc, so I'm just gonna wipe him out of the drawing I think and work on him in seperate sketches until I get a better idea of what he should look like ^^;  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:19 am
I thought he was some random person based on an idea... not an actual character of yours.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:20 am
He started as an idea, but he's probably the character I might wanna end up using in a sci fi RP or something I'm thinking.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:22 am
Well gee GL you've got 3 characters of yours in that picture center stage then: him, Galantros, and Heegh and all I get is a fox XD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:22 am
2 actually, that demon isn't a representation of Heegh. It's just a random buff evil demon thing.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 am
It's a cartoony version of him.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:24 am
Nope. razz *shakes head* Heegh has a much different design than a skull face with symbol in his forehead, and only two arms.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Art and Creativity (Show off your creativity here!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games