Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starr Struk

6,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Most people would refer to me as an Athiest.. but I really don't think I'm that..

I mean I don't believe in religion. I don't believe in anything.
I don't support anything and I don't practice anything.

From what I understand. Atheist don't believe in God cause there's no proof.

And me.

I just don't care.

I think on my own. I live by my own rules. And nothing I do is planned out.

So what am I?

A free thinker?

Because I'm not:
a Christian
a Satanist
an Atheist
or any of those other religion-type-things people like to label themselves as.

I'm just me.

But most people just aren't quick enough to understand that..

:/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:05 pm
You are...a human being. Living life. Just because. You're you. A nonconformist to religion. Technically you are an atheist. Because atheists do not believe in any sort of higher power. neutral I would classify you as an atheist.

Jedi Master Acey

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

C a r a m e l K i t t e h

Dangerous Sex Symbol

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 pm
well here is stuff that is more than just religion. There are things that are basically a lifestyle. Such as Buddhism and Confucianism. There are a million ways to lead your life spiritually. You don't always have to belong to a category per se. I'm Catholic but I don't agree with everything that goes on in the church. Kinda like being American. You don't agree with all the laws.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:13 pm
@acey.
Yea i guess you're right.. i just don't like having being labeled as anything really :/

@kitteh
Yea I've heard a lot about that kind of stuff.
But to me, I really don't think people need other people telling them whats wrong and wrong.. or what they should do to be peaceful...
i mean... it should come naturally.. but i guess some people do need some guidance.. :/

idk..
&& yea good point about being an american..

Starr Struk

6,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

C a r a m e l K i t t e h

Dangerous Sex Symbol

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:24 pm
i think everyone needs guidance. i mean thin of children. they need guidance. they need parents. and i think people always need guidance because you learn things every day and you have new obstacles every day.

i think everyone needs guidance, but it comes from different places for different people  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:25 pm
Agnostic? Atheists outright do not believe in God or any gods. The word "atheist" literally means... "one who specializes in no god" ._. a- = no or without; theos = god; -ist = one who specializes in neutral
So being an atheist means, quite seriously, that you refuse the thought of any God or gods and that's that.
Agnosticism is more like.... There might be, there might not be. More of a... lack of concern or care for the idea. You can't prove it, you can't disprove it, so whatever. Not denying or accepting o_o And that's what I am... So yeah... it sounds more like THAT to me.

Le Sapphoux

Jedi Master Acey

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 pm
Le Sapphoux
Agnostic? Atheists outright do not believe in God or any gods. The word "atheist" literally means... "one who specializes in no god" ._. a- = no or without; theos = god; -ist = one who specializes in neutral
So being an atheist means, quite seriously, that you refuse the thought of any God or gods and that's that.
Agnosticism is more like.... There might be, there might not be. More of a... lack of concern or care for the idea. You can't prove it, you can't disprove it, so whatever. Not denying or accepting o_o And that's what I am... So yeah... it sounds more like THAT to me.

^^^ that's what I think/believe too. >>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:32 pm
Jedi Master Acey
Le Sapphoux

oooh yea!
i forgot all about that.

I was watchinga movie where this woman was making fun of agnostic people..
i got really offended..

/irrelevant.

I suppose i would be more of that... cause i just really dont like the thought of being called athiest.. i doesnt fit well for me.. :/

if that even makes sense... heh

Starr Struk

6,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:19 pm
Jedi Master Acey
Le Sapphoux

*agrees* :3  
Religion and Faith Forum [Debate, Discuss, Explain]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces