Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Debating Debating it all goes Here [[ Serious Debates and Controversial Topics]]
Wooooow this dude is a jerk Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Simply Berry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:50 pm
I was browsing Yahoo!Answers cause I was bored and was looking for something that would help me cheatwrite my Sociology paper easier and I found this:

"How should I tell my girlfriend if she doesn't lose weight I'm going to leave?
Before you women become all Oprah/Tyra Banks on me. Let's face it. Men want attractive women that are not fat but thin. When we started dating 2 years ago she was thin. Now she's gained 25 lbs and I'm not attracted to her before.

If women are to date a guy who turns into an abusive ****** 2 years later, she'd be applauded for leaving. This is the same. If a man/woman changes for the worse, what is wrong with leaving them?

Now with that being said. I want to give her a chance to lose the weight first, so how should I go about telling her?
"

First of all, not all men all like that. A sad majority, yes, but not all of them. B| And how is gaining 25 pounds such a crime? If she were supposedly 'thin' and gained 25 pounds it doesn't make her like.. morbidly obese or something like that. o__o; Say she was.. 125 and then went up to 150... I'm like.. 140-something or whatever *doesn't know* so does that make ME fat/overweight? D; I know it's different for everyone and the weight might not have been distributed evenly but still. :/ I think women with curves are sexier than these 'thin' women he's referring to. B|

And another thing.. how DARE you compare a relationship with someone who is overweight with someone who is being ABUSED. How is that even RIGHT?! They are TWO. COMPLETELY. DIFFERENT. THINGS. That is just not cool, man. Not cool. I hope someone slaps him hardcore for that one.

.... B/ You can't just control someone's life like that, man. If they want to lose weight, that's THEIR choice, not yours! What if she's going through something? Maybe you should TALK to her instead of looking like a complete jerk on yahoo. D:<

.... *coughs* Yeah.. and then he goes on to say:

"Jazmyne... I don't appreciate fat women. There is more to a S/O than just a nice personality. If there isn't attraction then what is the point? Attraction is an important part of a relationship. It starts at 25 lbs... What's next? Is she going to gain 80 lbs?

All you little ladies got your panties or fat rolls in a bunch it appears. You are all in denial if you don't realize there is a necessary physical element to attraction that goes beyond just personality. Men are visual and need attraction. Personality is a must as well, but if either falters... It won't work. Why should I suffer and be unhappy and stuck with a large woman when we agreed to date on the premise that she was as she was and I am the way I am. If either change, why is it so horrible to try to correct it or leave if that change is not fitting for either party?
"

Yes, I agree that physical attraction is a key point to a relationship. But you don't gotta be a d**k about it. D; I mean my gosh. That's something to talk to your lady about.. :/ Maybe I should bring that up with my Sociology teacher.. since it's what we were talking about in class. D; I agree with her that the media is a huge reason for this kinda thing. I'm sure if overweight people were all up on the tv in a GOOD way more people would have positive things to say about it instead of associating negative things with it. But it's not.. it's all about skinny blondes and what not and that's what guys are fantasizing over. :[

I mean, really, I personally think that it's about how people carry themselves. If you're overweight and you're walking around with your head held high without a care in the world then that's attractive. D; Same for with people of all shapes, sizes, and colours. I'm attracted to it. :[ If you're happy with yourself then others will be happy with you. But that's just me.

Thoughts? Opinions? .... I have to do a paper on this. B| We're reading Such A Pretty Face and it's about.. overweightedness and how the media/society is and yeah.. |:
Not that I'm going to put it in my paper >>
I'm just curious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:58 pm
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO SHALLOW?! :[
My teacher says that she thinks the government/media are well aware of what they are doing in regards to this whole situation D;
The whole idea of 'comfort food'?
Yeah.. their idea
It's why there's so many fast food chains and places you can get all kinds of sweets and stuff cheap
That's so messed up, man D;
What kind of country does that to it's people?

Simply Berry

Wolfphat

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm
I agreee, Looks arnt every thing...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:15 pm
I don't quite.....After two years you would think there would be a deeper.....emotianal....what a d**k.  

Dagger1819

U h h d o r a b l e e

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:19 pm
The skinny blonde agrees!
I mean really!
THIS IS FEMINIST CRITICISM!! not all girls in the world have to be pretty, skinny, and the like for a guy to be attracted to her! If it where that way then there would be BIG problems in this world!
This guy's a fruit head..  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:25 pm
Dagger1819
I don't quite.....After two years you would think there would be a deeper.....emotianal....what a d**k.

I agree.  

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

Jedi Master Acey

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:01 pm
SERIOUSLY?
What a goshdarn JERK D8
How DARE he be such a shallow piece of garbage towards her D:< 25 pounds isn't even that MUCH
if I lost 25 pounds, I would look the SAME B| and I'm overweight! 25 pounds is NOTHING. He needs to stop being such a JERK.

And exactly, curves are always better than straight up and down, showin' your ribs off toothpicks ...

also, I didn't even understand the comparison between abuse and leaving for some STUPID reason like gaining weight. "Oh, I gave her a chance to lose weight"

...uuugh ><;; that's SO rude. That's SO NOT RIGHT. He's acting like he's training a dog to do and be exactly as he wants it to be. SHE should put a leash on HIM and train HIM to be RESPECTFUL of her choices. As if she's the one doing him wrong. ...that's so not cool.

If I EVER meet a guy like this being like that to somebody -I- know, he will NEVER speak to her again. B| My people and mySELF deserve so much more respect that just being physically appreciated. We deserve to be respected physically and for our heart and mind. I don't care how cheesy that sounds, cause it's true. Nobody deserves a jerkoff like this guy.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:07 pm
Jedi Master Acey
SERIOUSLY?
What a goshdarn JERK D8
How DARE he be such a shallow piece of garbage towards her D:< 25 pounds isn't even that MUCH
if I lost 25 pounds, I would look the SAME B| and I'm overweight! 25 pounds is NOTHING. He needs to stop being such a JERK.

And exactly, curves are always better than straight up and down, showin' your ribs off toothpicks ...

also, I didn't even understand the comparison between abuse and leaving for some STUPID reason like gaining weight. "Oh, I gave her a chance to lose weight"

...uuugh ><;; that's SO rude. That's SO NOT RIGHT. He's acting like he's training a dog to do and be exactly as he wants it to be. SHE should put a leash on HIM and train HIM to be RESPECTFUL of her choices. As if she's the one doing him wrong. ...that's so not cool.

If I EVER meet a guy like this being like that to somebody -I- know, he will NEVER speak to her again. B| My people and mySELF deserve so much more respect that just being physically appreciated. We deserve to be respected physically and for our heart and mind. I don't care how cheesy that sounds, cause it's true. Nobody deserves a jerkoff like this guy.

Amen  

Dagger1819

Simply Berry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm
Jedi Master Acey
SERIOUSLY?
What a goshdarn JERK D8

I agree wholeheartedly D:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:36 pm
hmmm....well, I know what he is say, but he is making it seem like she gained 300 pounds. If he is not attracted to her anymore than that's kind of stupid for how much weight she gained. it's not that much, and attractiveness is a big part of a relationship, at least for a while, but it's not just about how much the person weighs.

I agree that the media is causing overweight people to be viewed in a bad light. I think people that are overweight should at least be trying to be healthy and such, I believe that if someone is overweight and they just sit around eating lots of food and don't care about their health then that's stupid and ignorant.

A lot of people are overweight because it's become easier over the years to be overweight than to be in shape. being overweight isn't bad until you get really overweight and it begins to threaten your health and your abilities, if someone becomes overweight and can no longer perform their jobs, no longer can support a family, or something like that then it's just sick.

there are people that actually have diseases or disorders but people make it seem like fat itself is a disease. some people become overweight because of stress and bad eating habits, some people have a disease or disorder, some people just don't care and it's easier just to be fat. the government is making it so health care companies will pay for people to be fat and will pay for peoples problems.

there is a complete lack of personal responsibility in our society for most people. people don';t want to take responsibility for their health or for their own actions. The media is not helping either. Media shoves an impossibly skinny view of the body down our throats. as well as advertising products to help people lose weight the easy way, but those never work and are unhealthy.

America has an extremely large diet and weight loss industry, one of the largest and fastest growing, and none of it works. it either doesn't work at all, or you lose weight and then just gain it back. Food is becoming more unhealthy and costing less. healthy foods are becoming a diet that only the middle class could afford, and even then it is difficult to afford a lot of healthy food.

but anyways, he is using a basic idea of what a relationship would be to the simplest form of human thought. if they don't look good then they aren't worth dating. but that is something that the media spoon feeds us in order to make us buy things and make us watch more media.

He does need to talk about with her if he has a problem with it, it's not just gonna resolve itself, and he shouldn't be so shallow. I also think confidence is attractive. and I think when people are Happy with themselves it are much funner to be around and much easier to get along with and to even date.  

T--Wolfy

Just Call Me Shan

Dangerous UFO

25,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:44 pm
Well guys, let's face it. With all the instant-access multimedia nowadays, it's not hard for beauty industries and the like to brainwash nations of sheep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:27 am
you know what? That girl doesn't need a guy like him. I hope he dumps her. She'll be better off without him.  

C a r a m e l K i t t e h

Dangerous Sex Symbol

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Le Sapphoux

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:01 pm
He should dump her.

She deserves someone better neutral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:28 pm
My girlfriend's chubby, and I've never given a damn about it. I care more about who I see her as, not how she looks. She's asked me if she should lose weight kinda recently, and I told her she can, not should, as long as she doesn't go to the extreme and starve herself until she's completely skin and bones.

Not only would that end up as hideous as would someone who is morbidly obese, but I'd fear about health problems that just about anyone who tried this would have. One of my best friends was concerned about her weight back in middle school, and now what she did then left her messed up now. I'm still hella scared for her, since it went from 'remedy' to disorder. Apparently since America is living so well as opposed to all those other places like 'third-world' countries, barely anyone here cares about their own weights anymore. Over there, if they're skinny as hell, they can't help it. They don't have all the luxuries there that we take for granted here. I think we as Americans are just making it hard on ourselves, and mainstream stuff and whatever's in the media today isn't doing s**t except for making everything worse.

A girl doesn't have to be or become skinny for her man. If he doesn't like it, then it sucks for him, because she doesn't have to stay. At all.

And not all relationships have to be started from physical attractions. Mei's ex loved her because of her willingness to listen and comfort when he needed her. And another one of our friends admitted to me recently that he loved her too because of how she never seemed to change into a stereotypical high school b***h over the years he's known her.

And for anyone in a relationship where 1 wants 2 to change something about them just to make 1 happy, 2 could always have someone better.  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

Madame Havoc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:07 pm
Wow.
I usually can't stand people like that.
I think the girl should find out what he said and dump him.
She can do waaaaaaaaaaaaay better....  
Debating Debating it all goes Here [[ Serious Debates and Controversial Topics]]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games