John Green! :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dazed Poppet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:20 pm
Hello girls~

I've recently become a huge fan of John Green. He's an author and Youtube vlogger (alongside his brother Hank). One of my best friends introduced him to me and forced me to read one of his books, Will Grayson Will Grayson.

I s**t you not, that book is amazing. Extremely vulgar, but heartfelt and sweet.

Anyway, have any of you ever heard of John Green? If so, what do you think of his books and/or vlogs? biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:06 pm
Good golly miss molly!
THANK YOU for knowing about John Green!
and if you thought Will Grayson, Will Grayson was good, just you WAIT till you read Paper Towns or Looking For Alaska
Those books changed my life, and while that may sound dramatic, it's true.
I love john green, as a vlogger, and even MORE as an author. He's my favorite. : )  

fancy-painted-boats-

Dazed Poppet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:58 am
I was waiting for someone to reply!! ;D
I just recently finished Looking for Alaska, and I read Paper Towns before that. John still haven't let me down. I'm waiting for my friend to finish An Abundance of Katherines so I can read it. ((:
fancy-painted-boats-
Good golly miss molly!
THANK YOU for knowing about John Green!
and if you thought Will Grayson, Will Grayson was good, just you WAIT till you read Paper Towns or Looking For Alaska
Those books changed my life, and while that may sound dramatic, it's true.
I love john green, as a vlogger, and even MORE as an author. He's my favorite. : )

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:35 pm
So glad you've read them! : )
I didn't like an abundance of katherines as much, BUT there's another book that not many people know about. It's called Let It Snow and John Green a few other authors wrote short stories and combined it into this one book and it's pretty great! and holiday themed, so it'll get you in the christmas spirit! lol  

fancy-painted-boats-

Dazed Poppet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:23 pm
Hmmm, sounds mighty interesting. I'll look into it. Thanks for the recommendation (<---- probably spelled that wrong) =^.^=  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:36 pm
I've yet to read his books, but I LOVE John, and Hank, too!

They are proof that there are good men in this world.

DFTBA  

VenetianTemper

Beloved Seeker

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
  • Profitable 100

yay_its_molly

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:23 pm
I've been a longtime fan of John and Hank Green and I love John's books. My favorite book by him is his first, Looking For Alaska and I also liked Paper Towns.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:13 am
The Fault In Our Stars is the only book I've tead by him, but it is soooo good! Makes you think for sure.  

TulipMeows

Powerful Nymph

11,200 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:56 am
I am a fan of the vlogbrothers, and John's books. I have read The Fault in Our Stars [TFiOS], and I cried.

Augustus Waters, Hazzzzzel Grace, WHYYYYY? Peter Van Houten, you make me a giant squid of anger!

I plan on reading Paper Towns, and An Abundance of Katherines as well.

-DFTBA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:35 am
I read The fault in our stars recently and it was amazing and a very accurate description of living with illness  

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100

kinetic-weapons

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:36 am
Will Grayson Will Grayson and An Abundance Of Katherines are my all time favorites. My least favorite would have to be The Fault In Our Stars, but maybe because it's more sentimental.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:44 pm
So far I've read Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns, and The Fault in Our Stars. I plan on reading more at some point though.
As for my favorite, I would have to say it was The Fault in Our Stars. While I don't have cancer, I have a neurological disorder that causes extreme amounts of pain. So yeah, I found the characters and their situations very easy to relate to. Plus I don't think a book has ever made me cry so much.  

The_Last_Fairy

Tipsy Wench

Mimu-lou

Loyal Senshi

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:04 am
John Green is amazing. I've been a fan for years, even have first print of the Fault in Our Stars <3 signature and all. My favorite is probably Abundance of Katherines, just for the amazing humor. I recently read Let it Snow and it was soooooooo good. I love it.

John is a brilliant author. crazy to think that if he hadn't meet that one lady at work (Whose name is something like iIIean but I can't spell it) that he might never have started writing!! One person can make such a difference.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 am
Seteppe
I am a fan of the vlogbrothers, and John's books. I have read The Fault in Our Stars [TFiOS], and I cried.

Augustus Waters, Hazzzzzel Grace, WHYYYYY? Peter Van Houten, you make me a giant squid of anger!

I plan on reading Paper Towns, and An Abundance of Katherines as well.

-DFTBA

haha, I also became a Giant Squid of Anger at him. Abundance of Katherines is great, let me know what you think of it when you get around to reading it!  

Mimu-lou

Loyal Senshi

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:40 pm
I've also only read The Fault in Our Stars recently, and it is simply amazing. It's one of my favorite books too.

I have yet to read his other books though, yet I'm looking forward to doing so!

18. ✿ - - - Books

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games