Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Grand Staircase Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:18 pm
User Image
                                                    I wanna be a billionaire so ******** bad
                                                    Buy all of the things I never had
                                                    Uh, I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine
                                                    Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ || Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Darrell led the students up the staircase toward the upper levels of the castle. He knew this way by heart, and he looked back toward the first years before turning around to gesture around. "Okay, this is the Grand Staircase. Up this way is going to be the common room in one of the towers. Some friendly advice though. First, do not trust Peeves in the slightest, he's a right pest. He's also the resident poltergeist and won't hesitate to pull a prank on you. Second, the staircases tend to move a lot, so you better watch out for those. Miss the timing, and you're guaranteed to be at least ten minutes late to class. Trust me on that. Third, if you get lost, ask some of the paintings. Or heck, ask Nearly-Headless Nick or any other ghost but Peeves. Nick's the resident ghost of Gryffindor so he's friendly with all Gryffindors. Now, if any of you have any questions, just hold them until we get up to the common room so that we're not in everyone's way." He turned and started back up the stairs, figuring that Chrys had the stragglers in hand.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, I don't think I've lost anyone...
                                                    OOC: Next post is at the Seventh Floor Corridor. Please do not post there until either me or Cara Miakitty do.

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Oh every time I close my eyes
                                                    I see my name in shining lights, yeah
                                                    A different city every night, oh I
                                                    I swear the world better prepare
                                                    For when I'm a billionaire

Devlyn Maycry

Fuzzymelonlord

Sequine

The Forgotten Weasley

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:50 am
I left my body and I went on a journey
And I forgot where I left my body
They're going to tow you
If they think you're abandoned
You got to act like you're not abandoned

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ᴍʏʀᴏɴ
ɴᴀᴛʜᴀɪʀ
ʜᴀʀɢʀᴀᴠᴇ

halfblood │ fifth year prefect │ gryffindor

Myron had to remember that he was dealing with a bunch of little kids and not fellow fifteen year olds in the midst of growth spurts as he quickly ascended the stairs. "Let's make this quick, because at Hogwarts the stairs tend to move, so if you're just standing around on them you'll probably end up in the wrong place," he said as he led them up flight after flight. "The Gryffindor Tower entrance is on the seventh floor, so you'll be getting a workout, I guess. Also, watch out for Peeves the Poltergeist, he loves to harass the first years. The ghosts are usually pretty nice though, especially our house ghost, Nearly Headless Nick. He might even give you directions, if you're lost." Myron had certainly spent a lot of time lost as a first year.

OOC:
Neryem

murruelecreuset

Yukina101

Julian Galaksylph

Miss GryffindorK

Diamond Wales

I left a notebook with all of my good ideas
Keywords encoded cryptographically
I'm waiting endlessly on the receptionist at the desk
I'm searching high and low, but I don't see anyone
Don't see anyone, don't see anyone there

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              everyвody'ѕ goιng тo тнe clocĸworĸ vaυdevιlle
                                              everyвody wanтѕ тo ѕee тнe ѕнow
                                              people crowd тнe door and ѕcreaм and ѕнoυт ғor мore
                                              wнιle мυѕιc and ѕong ғιll тнe aιr

spaceNath had counted the students who stood as they walked with him, not wanting to do anything stupid. Losing a first year in the maze of the castle definitely seemed like something that would qualify. He blushed slightly as they came to the bottom of the grand staircase, scratching behind his ear awkwardly. "Uh, so, this is the main staircase you'll use when going anywhere in the castle, really. Be careful, because it, and the other staircases, like to move. You can, um, you can thank our house founder for that, I guess. I think she was a bit crazy, to be honest..." He coughed awkwardly, shuffling his feet and trying to straighten his spine. "Um, anyway, follow me, obviously. No goofing off or getting lost, please." The only thing worse than losing a first year was probably one of them falling to their death (or serious injury) on the way to the bloody dorms. This prefect thing was a total nightmare.

тнere were ғoυr мeтal people dreѕѕed oн ѕo ѕнarply
                                              тнey ѕυng and danced a caтcнy тυne wιтн aυтoмaтon roвoтιc eaѕe
                                              тнeιr gυιтar ѕтrιngѕ нυммed тo тнe вeaт ĸepт вy тнeιr тaмвoυrιne
                                              вoιlerѕ мaĸιng ѕтeaм, мeтal gleaмιng, ѕongѕ wιтн a good тυne
                                              тнaт woυld ѕтιcĸ wιтн yoυ all тнroυgн тнe aғтernoon

wнere - The Great Hall
                                              wнen - Sorting Feast 2041
                                              wιтн - Housemates - First Years
                                              - ooc -
                                              Next post will be at the Fifth Floor Corridor

Miss GryffindorK

Julian Galaksylph

Kungfudemoness

Ember Robinwood

Mr. Nightmares

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:22 pm
Some nights, I stay up cashing in my bad luck
Some nights, I call it a draw
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off

User Image
cadence
bea
gregory

gryffindor halfblood │ fifth year prefect │ chaser

Cady walked briskly out of the Great Hall, making a beeline for the imposing Grand Staircase that led up the upper floors of the castle. "So since our common room is in a tower, obviously you're going to have to get used to going up a lot of stairs. And down them, too, to get to class. Hope you're all in shape," she snickered, as she started nimbly up them. "Also, in case you didn't know, at Hogwarts the stairs move. I dunno why. To stop an invasion? Ask a Ravenclaw. Or a ghost. By the way, our House Ghost is Nearly Headless Nick, and he's super nice, even if the whole... neck thing is pretty gross." She continued up the stairs, calling out a warning when they climbed over the step that had a habit of disappearing on people.

OOC:
(Next post will be at Seventh Floor Corridor, wait for me to post first)
Yukina101

EmrysStorm

Miss GryffindorK

dot-hacksbreeze

Novasse

oyehh

This is it, boys, this is war
What are we waiting for?
Why don't we break the rules already?
I was never one to believe the hype

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:28 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
First Years
Mood
Pumped

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

So take a little trip down the road and see
                                                          What you’re gonna find, who you want to be
                                                          But you might have to pick between these three

Maura breezed out of the Great Hall and headed towards the Grand Staircase, almost forgetting to talk to the first years about the Staircase. She quickly halted in her steps and spun around to speak to the first years again."So this is th' grand staircase. It's a dead hard cause thay shift a lot! So mak' sure ye mind that, it wull mak' ye late tae class! We ur oan th' seventh flair sae be prepared tae climb a lot o' stairs, 'n' if ye get lost, ask a paintin;. They're pure helpful "

Rock, paper, scissors
                                                          Which one is, it’s your decision
                                                          And no matter what you choose
                                                          You’re gonna live it
                                                          Rock, paper, scissors

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Next post will be in the 7th floor corridor

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty
Kungfudemoness
murruelecreuset
Essy ze Ninja
Stefan Lee Salvatore
Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:15 am
Yeah, I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road
I'm gonna ride 'til I can't no more
I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road
I'm gonna ride 'til I can't no more

User Image

Ɠяуffιηɗσя Ƒιfтн Ƴєαя Ƥяєfєcт ✘ Mυggℓєвσяη ✘ Ɗαяє∂єνιℓ

☣☢☠Heath lead his troupe to the Grand Staircase and remembered to pause so he could make sure he had everyone. "This is the Grand Staircase which is where you'll be spending the next seven years trying to navigate. The staircase is a bit tricky because it likes to move about whenever and if you're not paying attention it also likes to vanish whole steps or lead you to corridors that turn out to be fake...it sounds allot scarier than it is but really, it's easy once you get the hang of it. If you need any help you can definitely come to me or any other older year." he grinned hopefully enthusiastically.

Miss Gryffindork
Charles Abbott

Kungfudemoness
Audrey Hepburn, Joshua Sparks

Can't nobody tell me nothin'
You can't tell me nothin'
Can't nobody tell me nothin'
You can't tell me nothin'

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:56 pm
User Image
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖Fifth Year♖
Prefect♖Cooking Club Captain ♖ Fencing Captain ♖ Music Club Bagpiper ♖ Quidditch Team Chaser ♖

User Image
▬▬"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."▬▬

At this point, it was just the Ravenclaws and Gryffindors, she took a moment to make sure all of the little birds were together, and then spoke, "Hi everyone! I'm Brook Rebecca Olivia Oakley Knapp, normal people call me Brook. You can call me Brook, Prefect Brook, or whatever really, just don't hesitate to come talk to me! You can usually find me in the dorms, near the kitchen, or at Cooking club, which you should all come join." Shameless plug for her club, she would have more participants than Aldrick this year.

She continued her spiel, "This is the Grand Staircase, and you will travel up and down these stairs a lot. Just be warned, they move." She glanced down the hall, toward the kitchens as they were moving, if only she could sneak away for a quick minute.... No, she was responsible."We also live high up, please do not hang out the windows. Pretty much, always watch your feet." She glanced to Irvine and stopped her walking abruptly, as well as stopping her previous train of thought on falling."Oh yeah, That is Irvine Goldwin, the other half of this Prefect Duo. He can speak for himself, but he's also approachable." Or at least, she hoped he would be approachable, he was kind of intimidating and quiet usually it seemed.

She began filtering herself towards the back of the group as they approached the Fifth Floor Corridor, she hated the riddles they had to use, and didn't want to embarrass herself in front of the first years. She looked to Irvine, hoping he would take the lead from here.

▬▬"I cannot be with her, but I can study my heart out."▬▬

Where & Who: Brook with the Firsties going ot the Rooms
Thinking about: This is fun, but I can't sneak to the kitchen for Dinner take 2
Brook Description: 5'4.5" tall with brown hair and blue eyes.
Wearing: school robes

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Grand Staircase
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? First Year Ravenclaws
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Prefect Things
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is just bad

Eion led the way to the staircase, where he'd have to explain about the awful stairs. At least it'd be a bit quieter out here. Stepping up onto the second step, Eion turned around to address the first years. "Ah, hi again. Okay, so to get to the common room, we have to go up to the fifth floor. Easier said than done, because the stairs sometimes move. But they're on a set schedule, so once you figure them out, you can usually make it to places on time. Other than that, there are a few trick steps and stuff..." He pondered for a moment, then continued. "But the point is just... watch your step. Let's... let's go." He turned, tripping slightly as he continued the journey to the common room.

Cara MiaKitty']Eleanor Briar[/quote]
          [quote="Diamond Wales
          Claude Leveque

The Forgotten Weasley
          Laurel Hill - Prefect

Mʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀᴡ Hᴀʟᴇʏ's ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ, sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ. Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ, sᴀɪᴅ, "Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ"
          Eᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀᴛᴏsᴘʜᴇʀᴇ
          Tᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ, I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ
          Tᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴɢʀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ɪs ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
          Tʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ sᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, ɪᴛ's ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Grand Staircase
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Rune, various First Years
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Prefect Duties
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I can't wait to ride the stairs

Maya led the first years out of the Great Hall, stopping at the stairs a bit after the Ravenclaws wandered off. She walked a few steps up since she was short, then turned to face the kids. "Alright, leaving the Great Hall, you arrive here at the Grand Staircase. This takes you pretty much everywhere in the upper parts of the castle. Gryffindor's Common Room sits up on the seventh floor, so don't worry, you're going to get a daily workout just to go to bed." She offered a small smirk, then continued in what she thought was a pretty good speech. "I will give you a warning now, about half of the stairs move between stations, if you look straight up you can watch them do it. You can use the timing to your advantage to ride the stairs and save a ton of walking. Plus it's fun. Now, let's get up to the common room." She turned and started up the stairs, headed up to the place she'd called home for four years thus far.

Stefan Lee Salvatore
          Harmony Aindrias

Cara MiaKitty
          Jude Cairn and Dixie Lynn Walker

Devlyn Maycry
          Valeria Diarmid

Diamond Wales
          Juniper Hill (and also Rune)

The Forgotten Weasley
          Murigen Seagrave

I ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ 'ʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴛᴡᴏ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ᴀ ᴡʜɪsᴋᴇʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ I sᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ sᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡʜᴀᴅᴅᴀʏᴀ sᴀʏ?
          I'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ 'ʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛɪᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴠɪᴇᴡs
          Iᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ ʀɪᴠᴇʀs, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ sɪɢʜᴛs ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sʜɪᴠᴇʀs,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛɪᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴᴇ. Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɪʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴏʜ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴᴇ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:55 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • Mona wanted to scream. She knew she should've asked one of her friends to accompany her to the owlery, but she was so excited and in such a hurry to send her letter quickly that she thought it would be fine. She'd be fine. Going to the tower always petrified her but she's learned to stick as close to the wall as possible and just refuse to look down or out any window. At least with those stairs she could trust that the ground beneath her feet stayed put and wouldn't disappear. Not like these demonic ones.

After a close call with a disappearing step (some days she was sure that she could still her scream echoing in the halls), Mona refused to use the stairs alone. She always had on hand on the bannisters and one hand keeping a tight grip on a friend and if her friends weren't available, she stuck close to other groups of students like an unwanted limpet. And that was what happened this time: Mona followed some older students up the stairs before splitting from them to head to the owlery, but now there wasn't anyone else around, effectively leaving her stranded.

Mona took a risk and peered through the balusters; maybe if she looked long enough then it would be less terrifying? She immediately regretted her decision and scrambled back against the wall, her hair a gross puke green that nearly matched her face. Clamping her eyes shut did not dispel the image of the long long fall down and the moving stairs spinning around like in a demented fair ride, nor did it help much with her nausea.

"Ya ibn kalb," Mona muttered under her breath, along with a whole host of other insults that would've had Mama washing her mouth then Tahani's if she heard her. But whoever designed these stairs deserved it.

• WHEN Winter 2053 tab tab tab WHERE a deathtrap tab tab tab WITH no one

OOC Ya ibn kalb = you son of a b***h

Cinnabun Gryffiex

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Stairs by the Owlery
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mona (I think?)
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Panic Attacks
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I can do this, I can do this
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Uncomfortable

Simon was on his way to the owlery, his weekly letter home clutched in his hands so it wouldn't crumple in his pocket. Plus, he was happy to see Leelo, his sweet owl. For her, he had some treats in his pocket, since he knew they were her favorite (plus sometimes she'd refuse to carry letters until he'd given them to her). When he was on the final staircase to his destination, Simon spotted another person... specifically another meta (probably one of the first years, since there had been three of them). He nervously slowed his gait, but as he got closer, he realized they seemed terrified.

Simon quickened his steps, pausing as he puzzled out where he knew this girl. ......... oh right! Music Club! She was the one who sang in another language. Perfect. Now to get her attention. It seemed like her eyes were tightly shut, so he had two options. He could poke her to see if he could get her to watch his hands... or he could speak up. So far, he hadn't spoken to anyone in Hogwarts. If he poked her, she may freak out further (much like his dad did when having a panic attack) or worse. So... he'd have to be brave, for this girl.

His hair turned a dark orange, discomfort growing as he tried to remember all the options to help someone through a panic attack. After steeling his resolve, Simon stepped a bit closer, then for the first time in nearly 3 years, he spoke aloud. "H-hey, take deep breaths. A-are you afraid of the stairs? I-I can walk with you?" His voice sounded strange to him, almost a whisper laced with his insecurities. If that's what it took, he'd later be proud of himself. For now, he offered a hand to the girl, hoping to help her get to a more comfortable space, be that a headspace or a physical one.

oyehh

I'ʟʟ ᴅɪssᴏʟᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴘᴏᴜʀs ɪɴ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ,
          I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
          Dɪᴢᴢʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ ʟɪʟʏ ᴘɪɴᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰʟᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟɪɴᴋ,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴄʏ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ.
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇs, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴀᴍᴘᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:52 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • With her eyes closed and muttering more futile insults and threats under her breath, Mona didn't notice anyone approaching, focusing on desperately quelling her nausea instead. So when she heard a timid voice speak out from up close, she practically jumped out of her skin with an short shriek, her hair momentarily bleaching white.

When she opened her eyes, she was greeted by an offered hand, one that belonged to a somewhat familiar face. His concern and discomfort was obvious and Mona felt her face burn hot in embarrassment. The words that he said finally registered and she nodded, giving him an embarrassed smile as she tried to take deep breaths. It took her a couple minutes to maintain a steady rhythm and while her heart was still beating faster than normal, it didn't feel like it was seconds away from bursting out of her chest (and that not an appealing image at all).

"Y-yeah," she admitted, taking the offered hand to stand up, although she didn't stray far from the wall. "I swear they're out to get me, it's bad enough that they're high up but they also move and trick you and-" her voice turned higher at the end and she devolved into furious gestures trying to convey the absurdity of the situation and her sheer hatred for them. A more ill-mannered person than her would've spit on them, but they weren't even worth that.

At his offer to walk with her, Mona visibly brightened, her hair turning her usual shade of bright orange. "Yes!" she just about jumped in relief. "Oh my God, yes, thank you," she said fervently.

She peered at the boy for a moment and his face finally clicked, she'd seen him in the common room and in the Music club! "You're Simon, right?" she asked, snapping the fingers of one hand. "You are a saviour, I thought I'd be stranded here forever!"

• WHEN Winter 2053 tab tab tab WHERE a deathtrap tab tab tab WITH Simon

OOC I'm just 🥺 at Simon

Cinnabun Gryffie

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mona (I think?)
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I can do this, I can do this
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Anxious

Simon felt his heart speed up and the familiar swirls of anxiety curl around his brain. Luckily, it seemed like his words worked. The girl took hold of his hand, then confirmed her fear of the stairs. At that, Simon nodded, a small frown tucked on his lips. His hair turned a denim blue, his anxiety overriding the other emotions. After offering to walk her down the stairs, the girl seemed so much more relieved, so overjoyed. Simon did his best to provide a smile. He gently squeezed her hand, hoping to convey a sense of calm to them both.

She asked to confirm his name, then said he was her savior. He grinned a bit more, hair turning a bright blue, then back to the denim. He was pretty sure she didn't know BSL. Most people here didn't unless he either taught him or they had a deaf or mute family member somewhere. For now, he'd have to keep talking. "I-I'm not much of a savior. Um... but I am S-Simon. D-do you know sign?" He bit his lip, looking nervously at her. Holding her hand, he carefully started leading her down the stairs, then realized he didn't know her name. "I-I'm sorry. I must admit I don't know your name." He offered a hopeful grin, voice already feeling hoarse from being used so much. He prayed to whatever deities were out there that she knew even a little sign.

oyehh

I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
          Dɪᴢᴢʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ ʟɪʟʏ ᴘɪɴᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰʟᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟɪɴᴋ,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴄʏ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ.
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇs, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴀᴍᴘᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:26 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • The boy squeezes her hand a little and that helped Mona's racing heart calm down a little and she smiled at him, which he returned, his hair turning a bright blue. There was another meta in Music Club that she was sure was called Simon, and the older boy confirmed that.

Her hair shifted blue to match his when he asked if she could sign. "Well, you're a saviour to me," she grinned before biting her lip. "Not really," she answered his question. "I mean, I know how to spell out the alphabets with signs but I don't know anything else." There had been a poster at her previous school that showed the different alphabet signs and she'd spent a week memorising them to impress some classmates.

Simon started leading her down the stairs and Mona froze at first, fear crawling up and chilling her spine, but she tried to swallow it down and hesitantly followed him, gripping his hand tightly and keeping an eagle eye out for any suspicious looking steps. It slowed her down, especially since she refused to look away from the steps to see the nauseating drop but Simon was careful and Mona was grateful beyond words.

She paused and looked at Simon when he spoke up again, apologising and admitting he didn't know her name. She smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, that was rude of me. I'm Monira, or Mona!"

• WHEN Winter 2053 tab tab tab WHERE a deathtrap tab tab tab WITH Simon

OOC xxx

Cinnabun Gryffie

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mona
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? We can do this, We can do this
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Uneasy

Simon flushed softly when the girl confirmed he was indeed her savior. Unfortunately, she didn't know much sign... but she knew the alphabet! Perfect! He could work with that! Maybe he'd put out the offer to teach her to fully sign. For now, he'd just fingerspell. At least it meant he wouldn't have to talk anymore. Hopefully she'd understand they'd both had to face fears. Plus it might help distract her... or it'd cause her to trip and send them both tumbling down the stairs.... oh boy. Best not go down that train of thought. "I c-a-n t-e-a-c-h y-o-u?" He glanced over, hoping she'd accept. If so, he could go back to the comfort of complete silence. For now, he'd have to go find Reggie and ask for help... and maybe some lozenges. Would Reggie have those?

After mentioning not knowing her name, she apologized, then offered her name. Mona! He was right. A few steps down, Simon stopped before a stupid trick step. He offered a grin, holding her hand tighter as he gestured at the step in front of him, then stepped over it. It was tricky to do with such little legs, but easier than falling in the stairs and having to wait for an older student to help free you. He held his arm up, offering it to be used as a support for Mona's assistance. The boy bit the inside of his lip, hair swirling to a light green. He was still uneasy, but if he would be able to sign, rather than speak, well... it would help quash the residual anxiety. Then again, she made the third person in the entire school that had ever heard his voice... which still kinda made him want to run away and hide somewhere safe. Perhaps forever.

oyehh

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff