Submit

Its Wolfeh

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:39 pm
Homemade bread is so awesome isn't it? Come talk about bread~

I love to make this whole wheat bread and put like all sorts of seeds, grains, and nuts into it. I usually make it with flax seeds, sesame seeds, sliced almonds, sunflower kernels, and some corn meal just for some extra filler. I plan on experimenting with barley and millet seed.

Lately it hasn't been rising though, but the breads I did before did. I've read its typical with whole wheat flours though, so I'll just add some gluten next time.

I've made this, and this too so far. They were epic. I plan on making a cheesy bread too. The last one I made though I tried to mix the cheese into the dough, and then the dough stayed as dough and refused to cook, it was insane. Apparently you can only put it on top after the crust has browned a bit, I just don't like how the cheese comes off.

I love baking biggrin

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
_Gentle Like The Fawn, Fierce Like The Bear, Protective Like The Wolf.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:11 pm
ooh the cinnamon rolls look good mrgreen
i haven't baked much. most of the time i use pillsbury dough  

kitti kat 28

6,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:14 pm
" We all wear masks. Everyone, everyday. Sometimes we wear them so much we forget who we really are. "

" Sometimes, if we're lucky, someone comes along and shows us who we really want to be; who we should be. "

ι ι c σ σ к ι є ϻ σ к σ ɳ α

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI love bread,i could live off of it >.< That cinnamon roll looks so good and i'm not much of a baker,i'm afraid whatever i cook will go up in flames [ literally ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:01 pm
I absolutely love bread
Bread from restaurants are always delicious
and from the looks of your post
You really do like cooking ^.^
I wish i could cook v.v

winown

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

bloodie_roses

Distinct Sophomore

7,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:32 am
http://chefinyou.com/2010/02/cheese-bread-recipe/

do it. it's DELICIOUS. I make it all the time, because it's like a traditional food or something, but it's soo good and easy to make smile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:38 pm
I love bread, especially the fresh French Bread from Walmart.
I cant wait until I get a bread maker.
My house will be a bakery. D:  

PSM Guild Mule

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:13 am
I love, love, love, LOVE baking bread!!! blaugh I don't have a bread maker or pastry blender or anything fancy like that, I do mine all by hand the old fashioned way lol except I do buy my yeast instead of growing it.

My favorite breads to bake are an Italian bread made with corn meal that is PERFECT for soup bowls and a "no-knead" wheat bread that I got from a bag of King Arthur flour. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:48 am
Ooh, I love bread. I like to bake, and I have two favorite recipes: banana nut bread ( http://allrecipes.com/recipe/janets-rich-banana-bread/Detail.aspx ) and apple bread ( http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-bread/ )

I don't like to use as much butter as they call for in the banana bread. I usually half the amount or use vegetable oil, depending on what I have at the time. I also like to use more bananas, maybe 3 large or 4 small ones. I mash them, too, instead of slicing. I also cut down the amount of sugar I use since it's not healthy. I've been thinking of substituting the sour cream for banana yogurt, but I haven't gotten around to that. But don't forget the sour cream; it's crucial to making the bread moist!

For the apple bread, I left the peel on the apple since I was too lazy to peel them...turned out just fine. Warning, this dough is super thick. I had to add a little milk to mine to thin it so I could mix the dough (but I hand mixed. I'm not sure how an electric mixer would work with this dough). Oh, and if you want, you can substitute apple sauce for vegetable oil. I also cut down the sugar in this recipe and used about a half cup of sugar and a generous dollop of honey. I also added some sour cream to make sure it was moist. Turned out great!  

Merriara

5,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50

bunibby

Cluttered Cutie-Pie

18,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 pm
are you letting the yeast foam, do you let the bread rest and rise after you mix it, do you proof your bread? 3nodding heart maybe one of these can solve your rising issue  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:57 pm
My mom made Home made bread before and it tasted amazing. O.O  

Sega Queen

Angelic Kitten

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:12 pm
I love european bread, it taste so great just plain or with annyyyything emotion_kirakira emotion_drool emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:09 pm
I love breads as well! Whole wheat is usually my favorite and when made right, other types of seeds in it taste wonderful. There are so many types of breads out there to make, too! I particularly love dessert breads like banana bread because it's not all that bad for you and it tastes sweet! I also love zucchini bread!  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items