A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
What does it mean when a guy wants to be your "brother?"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you relate to this brother-sister situation?
  Yes
  No
View Results

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:07 pm
I have a very close friend that is a big brother to me, and I recently found out that he was attracted to me (he was the one who adopted me as his sister). In a nutshell, he was drunk--and when a person is drunk, a certain degree of truth comes out. Everyone at the party, including my boyfriend, found out that he was really attracted to me (based on his competitive attitude toward my boyfriend and his overly affectionate gestures).

My boyfriend says "the whole brother-sister bullshit is just an excuse for guy to see how he can 'win' the girl over. How else can he get away with putting his arm around your shoulder and hugging you with such affection while I, your boyfriend, am right there next to you?"

Question to consider: To what extent is that true? When a guy wants to be your "brother," is it just a secure way for him to get close? Or is it just the "protective big brother" attitude? Share your ideas.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 pm
Usually it means that you are so close to the person that you are close like family.
You always have each others backs, you can talk about everything, and you don't fancy each other romantically. >3

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

Rococonut

Precious Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:13 pm
Maybe it's because you have someone already and he still wanted to be close to you so he hid his feelings and decided to be your "big brother".

But there are other possibilities like what your boyfriend said. Obviously, you know him better than we do so you decide what you want to believe or what you think is true.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:28 pm
Well with me and my friend he'll act like he likes me and we'll be really close one moment and then the next he acts like I have the ******** plague and never tell me anything anymore and-GAH I should make a topic on this >.>
But alot of the times I see like with my friends one of the guys will say one of the girls is his little sister and that he's the big brother and most of the time they end up going out xD  

TheLunarEnd

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It usually means he wants to get into your pants.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:03 pm
One of my old boyfriends and I ended up as "brother and sister" when we figured out that we cared about each other a ton, but had no interest in actually trying to date each other cause it felt just wrong.

He is really protective and caring about me, but will never hesitate to call me an idiot or argue like any blood sibling could.

I say, ask him. Could be that he is like my "big brother" and really does care for you, just not the way your boyfriend wants to think.

DOMOs Kender child

Komaeda-kun

Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:33 am
It may mean that the guy wants to be close to you as a brother(?)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:07 pm
"Drunk Words Speak Sober Thoughts"- too true
I've had guy friends admit their feelings 3 times.
Thankfully I'm still friends with all of them, but still, you have a boyfriend...
Anyway, you should make sure you and the "brother" are still in the brother-sister friendship type thing.
Try to clear things up with some communication...  

Tsukuyomi25021

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff