Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
LIFE. Changes. Etc. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:57 am
Soon I'm going to be going through some major changes in my life. Almost 2 years ago I made a huge change by moving 1000kms north on a whim for a job.
Now I'm qualified and stuff, sick of the company I work for, and making some major changes.
I'll be quitting my job in 6 weeks and moving as soon as I finish work so I'm not paying massive amounts of rent while I'm not earning. I don't want to cut into my holiday pay, I'm cheap like that, lol.
So to avoid rent, I'll be going 1000kms south again to live with my parents for a month, and then moving another 1000kms south to Sydney (yay!) to go to evangelism college for 4 months. Bit of a change from graphic design, haha. I'll most likely freelance for a bit of cash while I'm studying there, even though I've been told the course is really full on, and the only time I'll get to myself is Friday during the day... That will be my design time, I suppose (:

SO, all that said, I'm going to have no internet since I'll be disconnecting mine to avoid bills while I move, and likely won't have much time for this place next year ):
So Pain is now the Suites captain! (: I wanted to announcify this, but I should have done it before I changed ownership, 'cause now I can't make an announcement, haha xD

That's about it, my plans for my future. I'm rather excited for a change, I'm quite restless where I am in life at the moment. I'm capable of so much more and I want to achieve that xD
ALSO! Potential love interest in Sydney, fingers crossed, we'll see how that works out next year!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:44 am
I'd notced Pain was captain, but I didn't want to ask, in case it was for personal reasons.

Good luck, and good wishes to you Lici! Gotta go after the things you want! I think you're making the right decisions, following your heart, while you have the means to be successful, as well.

As for finding love in Sydney, you're beautiful, you're not going to have a hard time. [:

Nexus Carbuncle

xoxoPink Supremexoxo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:01 pm
Aww good luck hun!

That all sounds very exciting, if I were you I'd be a nervous wreck. I hate change!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:08 pm
Good luck with life, & all that Lici.
Hope things go well with that love interest business as well.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:06 pm
Good luck Lici! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:27 pm
Good luck hun <33
What part of sydney are you moving to??  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Saucey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:39 pm
Best of Luck/Godspeed!
Also congrats Pain.
heart  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:25 am
Do you want to be a missionary or something? o:

I think evangelism college is pretty cool. I remember you saying you hated your job, so yay for leaving it. It's definitely not worth it staying there if you do not enjoy it.

I have two different job interviews next week. oh gosh I better get one of them or I'ma cry.  

comfylove
Crew

Herr Sinne

Beloved Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:07 am
Good luck Lici.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:53 am
"I don't want to cut into my holiday pay, I'm cheap like that, lol. "

I'd hardly call that cheap. That's smart. Tis better to have money that is set aside for something like that. Even more so for that just incase reason.

Anywho, cha good luck n all that stuff and hope its a fun ride.  

wo_nyrmo

SykotikKytten

Precious Treasure

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:26 am
G'luck Licipie~

And gratultations Pain~  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:48 am
Oh wow, that's really exciting! Best of luck Lici, I'm sure it'll be nice to see your folks again and then take off on another adventure, to be honest I wish I could do that instead of living my life from one university assignment to another (facepalm). It's gonna be so weird, please keep us posted whenever you get a chance! smile

@Pain: CONGRATS NEW CAPTAIN!

I'm sure you're gonna do a great job smile

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:40 am
I do hope everything goes well. <3 I forgot to ask. What are you going to be studying in college? Is it to learn about evangelism?
And a love interest? Get him! Ya know, when you have time. xD

New beginnings are usually pretty fun especially when you don't like where you are now.

@Saucy, Kytten, and Qui
Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:44 pm
Good luck to you and congratulations to Pain.  

Storm_Airielle

Fashionable Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Biohazardous Lollipop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:48 pm
Whoa I've missed a lot! Last I talked to you, everything was good. D:

Good luck on your future journeys, I miss talking to you! <33333333333

Congratulations to Pain! <3  
The Suites