Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply We're Trying To Find Bigfoot And His Witch Of A Wife! [[The Mythological and Magic Sub]]
What's your animal totem?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Simply Berry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 pm
And why? :]
Have you met your animal totem?
Post here!
Can find descriptions of your animal here: [link]
At the bottom are the common ones. But ANY animal can be your spirit guide/totem, really.

Currently, I have to say mine is the wolf. No, we have not met yet. But I'm pretty sure of it. And no, it's not just because wolves are one of my favourite animals or anything, but based on the amount of respect/fascination I have for wolves and the description of the wolf totem I've been lead to believe it is. I also have these random strange thoughts of 'Hm, what would I do if there was a wolf in my house?' I don't really know why. They just occur to me at random and I'll just be lost in thought as to how I would react to that. That's probably why I haven't met this totem, yet. He's probably unsure of me as I am of him. I dunno. D;

"Wolves are the epitome of stamina, known to run 35 miles a day in pursuit of prey. They are highly misunderstood animals, who have gained the reputation of being cold blooded. In reality wolves are friendly and social creatures. Aggression is something they avoid, preferring rather to growl or create a posture to show dominance.

Even though living in close knit packs provide wolves with a strong sense of family, they are still able to maintain their individuality. Wolves represent the spirit of freedom, but they realize that having individual freedom requires having responsibilities.

Because wolf is a teacher and pathfinder, he comes when we need guidance in our lives. Those who have a Wolf Totem will move on to teach others about sacredness and spirituality. Wolf can also teach how to balance the responsibility of family needs and not to lose one's personal identity.

Wolf teaches us to develop strength and confidence in our decisions. He shows we will learn to trust our insights once we learn how to value our inner voice. This wisdom keeps us from inappropriate action. If wolf appears in your life examine where you need to develop more confidence and if you need more balance between friends, family, and yourself.
"

What really jumps out at me is 'a strong sense of family, they are still able to maintain their individuality' because that reminds me of myself SO MUCH. Because I love my family, I truly do, but they don't shape who I am. I shape myself, and I've always felt like the 'black sheep' of the family because I'm so obviously different than they are. They still love me, of course, but sometimes they wish I was less like me and more like them. And I do feel like I need some guidance in my life. I've felt that way ever since my grandma died, and before that, really.. after I graduated and stuff.

So yeah.. And before the trade-off my animal totem was definitely a snake. o_o And all the various dreams and encounters I experienced is proof enough. Snakes would just pop up in my dreams at random, and I'd be like "What..?" They'd never hurt me. They would just be in my house slithering around and stuff. I'd also ran into a snake on my way to the bathroom when we went camping a while back, to which I was like "....?" cause I'd been complaining about the lack of wildlife and it just popped up after that. >> Coincidence? I don't think so. But I actually believe in animal totems, so yeah.

"Snakes smell with their tongues, and that's why it flickers out of their mouth so much. An amazing aspect of snakes is their ability to shed their skin and create a new layer. Before they shed their skin, their eyes cloud over giving them a trance like appearance. Once they have fully shed their old skin, their eyes clear up and they leave the place, never looking back.

Snake comes when we are moving toward change and need to let go of a part of our old self. Snake awakens our spiritual intuition allowing us to explore the mysterious depths of our mind and soul. Its unblinking stare looks into our souls and teaches us how to birth untapped power and creative wisdom.
"

It's funny because of the whole 'let go of your old self' statement that was made. We went camping like... it was my freshman or sophomore year I think, and I was struggling with my old self and wasn't very willing to shape myself into something new for high school. I did though, eventually, and the change was natural and not forced or anything. And you know what? Those snake dreams stopped after that. So thank you, Snake totem, for helping me. Cause if I'd tried to hold on to my old self I'd probably not be friends with the awesome people I'm friends with today. And I'd still be trying to hold on to an old friend who was really not a good friend for me at all.

Mmm, that's it for me, I think. I haven't read had any other unexplained asphyxiations or experiences with any other animals. Not even snow leopards and they're my actual favourite animal. Hm. So yeah. :] Share yours if you wish.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:56 pm
I'm probably a wolf, I love wolves and the description really described me. I want this thingy which is an ox bone carved to look like a wolf's tooth with a wolf's head at the top but my mom might not let me get it... -.- It's on amazon

Wurlee

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200

FluffyKittyofDOOM_19

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:26 pm
I havent tried to figure out my animal totem yet, but if I had to guess it would be a tiger. Tigers just facinate me, I love watching them, it almost mesmerizes me to watch how they move and interact. They are my favorite animal and I liked learning about them since elementery school. They are just beautiful and powerful animals. I didn't see anything about them on the website you posted so I don't know if their discription matches me at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:03 pm
My friend tolled me that I was a raven. I looked them up and they're called "The Keeper of Secrets.
My best friend is a wolf and it cant be further from the truth. IT says the wolf will guide others about sacredness and spirituality. I thought I would never be able to talk to others about my feelings and my 6th sense, and turns out he understood right away and can relate.
Wolves are unique.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
We're Trying To Find Bigfoot And His Witch Of A Wife! [[The Mythological and Magic Sub]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games