Submit

What do you think?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 17 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe, but only if the rules are strict about fund usage.
58%
 58%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 41

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:53 pm
I think the quest charity should be restarted and one or two people should run it. If not, maybe reach out to the charities in the forum and get them to open donation slots not just for Soq, but for the entire B/C community. The charities can get in touch with the shop owners and everyone can decide how the funds are distributed and judge who should get them.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:57 pm
I would feel more comfortable with a charity if whoever was running the charity kept the funds for the "winners" kept in trust until they actually WON their custom, and the charity paid the colorist directly.

That would be my only concern... because people do drop ideas and get bored with shops and leave. But yeah, I'm all for helping people out for things they couldn't afford. heart

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:59 pm
I agree with Kamiki smile I love the idea, but the funds would definitely have to be watched. A lot of people might get them, never get the custom and just run away with the gold. Keeping them until said person wins a slot would be good smile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:00 pm
Kamiki
I would feel more comfortable with a charity if whoever was running the charity kept the funds for the "winners" where kept in trust until they actually WON their custom, and the charity paid the colorist directly.

That would be my only concern... because people do drop ideas and get bored with shops and leave. But yeah, I'm all for helping people out for things they couldn't afford. heart

I agree! It can sometimes take forever to get a custom slot at Soq... and gold has a habit of spending itself if left alone too long.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:04 pm
Kamiki
I would feel more comfortable with a charity if whoever was running the charity kept the funds for the "winners" where kept in trust until they actually WON their custom, and the charity paid the colorist directly.

That's actually what I was thinking. Let the charity pay the colorists. Thing is, it's not fair if the charity pays for the entire thing. I think the quester should put up a set amount depending on the breed.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:05 pm
Yuuka Kurokawa
Kamiki

That's actually what I was thinking. Let the charity pay the colorists. Thing is, it's not fair if the charity pays for the entire thing. I think the quester should put up a set amount depending on the breed.

True. You could make it a rule (one of those... you can't really enforce it but it fosters the spirit of the shop kind of rules) that the winner actually donates whatever he/she had saved so far back to the charity. Kind of a "pay it forward" kind of thing?  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 pm
That's a good suggestion. That way the charity doesn't run out of funds as quickly.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:17 pm
I do like the idea, and can agree with the charity holding the funds in trust. I'd just like to point out, that if the winner knows s/he has got the funds in the bag they might not be so determined to earn funds to pay back the charity. I'm not trying to be a party-pooper, but simply point out a possible problem that may arise.  

magnadearel

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:20 pm
Hmmm, that's true. Maybe limit how much each person can get per quest? Obviously don't pay for the whole thing, but donate a bit and encourage them to keep trying to raise more funds?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Yeah, give them enough to hope and keep pressing on, but just don't hand it to them. smile The effort makes it all that much more sweeter.  

magnadearel

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 pm
The only thing is that might get a little crazy to organize if we open it to the entire B/C forum. That's...a lot of shops, and it would take more than one or two people to keep track of all that. Not to mention, it would take a crazy-huge amount of gold to be able to afford custom slots whenever they open at whatever shop at any time. ^^;

BUT. I do really like the idea, I'm just not entirely sure of how the technicalities would work. Yey donations! 8D <3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:40 pm
Well, maybe not the entire community. A few selected/nominated shops. Maybe rotate them?  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:48 pm
Hmm...maybe have a certain time of the month (maybe near the end of every/every other month?) where there's an open nomination thread where people can come in and say "Customs open on ______ [unless they open very 'soon' from the time it's posted] in _____ shop range from X for a full, basic custom to Y for a highly edited/other species/etc custom", and then after the nomination has closed, there's a poll put up for people to vote on which shops should get on The List for the next month/months/however long?

And if any shop owner has a problem with it, pitch it to them as an awesome advertising opportunity XDD

Edited~ I apologize for my rambliness, it's past Julie's bedtime :c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 pm
*chuckles* Great suggestion on how to pitch it Juliette!  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 pm
Well, if this is brought abouts in any manner, I think in conjunction with Kamiki's suggestion of funds handling; perhaps at least once a month; a custom slot artist could set aside a slot for charity? kind of like a newbie slot? or maybe use it like a CC spot.. where hte colorist can save a slot and contact the charity... then they can pay for one.

now... the only other issue i'd have with this on the overall scale; is the handlers only really effectively helping their friends. I'd hate to see this turn into some form of favoritism to help just certain people maneuver to get more soquilis.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff