9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
It's not that simple
38%
 38%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 54

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:11 pm
My thought was that sometimes there are people that often win Breeding slots. And being that it's a RNG not much to be done about it. But recently Ririka did something I thought was really generous. She rolled a couple extra because she noticed that the people who had been rolled originally had won often. And I think if might be a cool idea for colorists, if they notice that some of the people they roll frequently win, to roll a couple extra slots.

And if the colorist feels that it'd be too much work, maybe they could do the results of that breeding and come back and roll later on for extras?

** If you choose the option of "It's not that simple", please post in the thread your reasoning so it can be discussed/heard ect.

-=Update=-

Extra slots is to much work for colorists. Where it was great what Riri did, it's just to much work. Instead it's being suggested that more newbie, RP, LL ect slots be rolled rather then multiple Open, so that breeding newbies have a better chance.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:14 pm
That's a pretty cool idea Luna. ^^ Thumbs up!  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 pm
I really like this idea smile I also like how I've seen a lot of newbie slots and Year long newbies slots smile It can get a bit discouraging to see a lot of the same people keep winning over and over while you're still empty handed. I hope to see a bit more of the extra slots in the future smile though I do understand that colorists can get a bit busy in their work. Perhaps if they only rolled one or two 'open' slots and more of the low luck, newbie, year long, and rp slots?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:32 pm
Chesh, that's a good idea. The latter one. Not doing as many open, and taking more of the other options.  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:35 pm
Sorry but I would argue that asking for extra slots on top of the s**t ton that the colorists do already would bog them down and cause work overload and then those who had one, regardless of who they were but still fair and square, will get either rushed or no results at all.

Just sayin, seen it before. Been through it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:38 pm
@King: I can understand that. And while I know we all want more breedings, I don't think we want the quality to go down or for the colorists to feel rushed. I think just doing perhaps more of the lower luck type of slots and perhaps not as many open instead would be nice to see. And then if the colorists feels that they can take on a bit more, to THEN perhaps pick more, but at their own discretion of course heart  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:38 pm
We obviously don't want to get the colorists overwhelmed with their slots, but it would be nice like Cheshire said - maybe not take more slots, but to see a little less of the open slots, and perhaps more of the Low Luck or Newbie slots.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:40 pm
We obviously don't want to get the colorists overwhelmed with their slots, but it would be nice like Cheshire said - maybe not take more slots, but to see a little less of the open slots, and perhaps more of the Low Luck or Newbie slots.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:40 pm
-shrug- I think that colorists do plenty of low luck. It just feels like nobody is getting anything because up to 200 pairs get entered in breedings. Thats asking a lot of lady luck imo

Now newbie-only slots I would see as a good addition.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:42 pm
King Inversitle

Now newbie-only slots I would see as a good addition.

Some colorists have done these before and I think they've gone over fantastically <3

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:43 pm
That's true; I have seen a lot of Low Luck couples winning, which is a very good thing. And you're right - breedings are insane and huge and confusing and everyone wants to win, but unfortunately the RNG tends to screw us all over sometimes. xD

But I like the idea of breeding newbies - I'm not one myself, but I would love to see some of those that have tried and still haven't succeeded in getting their first breeding to maybe get some luck sometime.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:53 pm
I'm not sure more slots are really the answer, as this shop has grown astronomically and with it, so have the edits. Edits take time and more slots means more edits to do, most likely. Colorist burnout is one of the biggest reasons that people quit shops in the B/C. Constant turnover of colorists really hurts a shop because it's a constant restart.

I think low luck slots are always a nice addition, but I don't think it's fair to say that the open slots should be cut down too because honestly, open slots still give more chances for newbies to win and people who HAVE had breedings before still should be able to win too because many of these folks only get a breeding once every 5+ months.

Pretty much, I think colorists should have a minimum requirement of slots to take and either a higher cap or no cap at all (I'm not sure if there is even a cap?) if they want to nab another couple or not. :3  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:58 pm
"It's not that simple"
BECAUSE;

It's a lot of work! I only took five pairs and I was feeling overwhelmed, I can't even imagine how Nilo and Riri are handling it.

Think of it this way. Every breeding gives 2-4 baskets. That's 2-4 baskets, foals, and adults per raffle. Plus prego mamas. Some of those babies can be just as detailed as the parents, so that's 2-4 uniquely drawn stage sets per breeding couple. It's a lot.

I know I'm personally not in a hurry to pick more then 3-4 slots per raffle.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:11 pm
Beejoux
"It's not that simple"
BECAUSE;

It's a lot of work! I only took five pairs and I was feeling overwhelmed, I can't even imagine how Nilo and Riri are handling it.

Think of it this way. Every breeding gives 2-4 baskets. That's 2-4 baskets, foals, and adults per raffle. Plus prego mamas. Some of those babies can be just as detailed as the parents, so that's 2-4 uniquely drawn stage sets per breeding couple. It's a lot.

I know I'm personally not in a hurry to pick more then 3-4 slots per raffle.

Exactly and I don't much blame any colorist for not wanting to do more than what is already asked.  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 pm
The 'a lot of work' issue is definitely something I see and understand, given what I see coming out. But more Newbie slots would be nice. It's incredibly discouraging, especially when, say, you have just one Soquili and you see some one who's bred fifteen-twenty times because they have a huge herd getting slot after slot after slot. I know raffles are random, and there are a LOT of people entering them... but like with customs, it gets to a point were it feels like it's just completely impossible to ever get a slot.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff