38%
 38%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 54

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:48 pm
:: Pardon me if this isn't exactly on topic, but maybe a small solution would be to give a time between breeding wins to the owner and not the Soq...sort of how the customs are done, but with maybe just one month in between?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:52 pm
Moxxiie
:: Pardon me if this isn't exactly on topic, but maybe a small solution would be to give a time between breeding wins to the owner and not the Soq...sort of how the customs are done, but with maybe just one month in between?

So you mean remove the limit of 'two breeding wins a month' to 'if you won last month, either one or two wins, you take a month off?'

Ok, but then what if that person is paired with someone who has never won before? Now you are punishing the newbie by telling them they can't enter because their mate's owner won last month.  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:52 pm
Moxxiie

There already is a waiting period between breeding wins, just as there is for custom wins.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:55 pm
:: Okay, sorry, I see where that wouldn't work. >.<;;  

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:57 pm
JadeEye
Pretty much, I think colorists should have a minimum requirement of slots to take and either a higher cap or no cap at all (I'm not sure if there is even a cap?) if they want to nab another couple or not. :3

We already have this - minimum is 3 breedings, colorists are allowed to do more if they wish. ^_^

Moxxiie

The major problem with breedings is the "it takes two to tango" nature of them - because two customers are involved generally and not just one, shutting down someone's odds as soon as they win means that all their breeding partners are unable to enter their couples. We've actually considered lowering the limit and rejected it because of this.

*hugs* no worries dear, it's good on paper but not in practice. wink

The majority of the turnover time is due to edits - more and more heavily edited Soquili, and breedings between two heavy edits resulting in very detailed offspring that can take many hours apiece. Unedited breedings take a quarter or less of the time a heavily edited breeding does.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:06 pm
Felmino
JadeEye
Pretty much, I think colorists should have a minimum requirement of slots to take and either a higher cap or no cap at all (I'm not sure if there is even a cap?) if they want to nab another couple or not. :3

We already have this - minimum is 3 breedings, colorists are allowed to do more if they wish. ^_^

Moxxiie

The major problem with breedings is the "it takes two to tango" nature of them - because two customers are involved generally and not just one, shutting down someone's odds as soon as they win means that all their breeding partners are unable to enter their couples. We've actually considered lowering the limit and rejected it because of this.

*hugs* no worries dear, it's good on paper but not in practice. wink

The majority of the turnover time is due to edits - more and more heavily edited Soquili, and breedings between two heavy edits resulting in very detailed offspring that can take many hours apiece. Unedited breedings take a quarter or less of the time a heavily edited breeding does.

I knew they had a minimum...just didn't know if they had a cap. XD  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:13 pm
Technically yes, there is a cap, (ten customs, no max for breedings though realistically it's around 5-6). It's meant not to limit availability but preserve colorist sanity - and if anyone finishes their stuff and wants to take on more, all they have to do is ask me and they'll always get the go-ahead.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:31 pm
I say more newbie slots to people who haven't won a breeding with a soq they own. Most of the ones I see go about it well, if one owner is a newbie but the other isn't, they can still enter and have a chance to win.

I also say I want to see more low luck slots. I barely see any at all, and I know there aren't many LL couples out there, it's still frustrating to those of us who are not only LL/RP qualified, but don't get that chance. We get it maybe once every so often and only one is rolled from it :C  

Mameha Otome

Eloquent Explorer

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:36 pm
I'd say yes. But remember its the colorist's decision to give out those extra slots whether it be CC or RNG (As much as I do not like it the cheating thing.) and also colorists, please remember we aren't going to rush you on everything you do. ninja Take the extra slots and take longer time, that's understandable. Just don't ragequit off the face of the earth.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:02 pm
Actually, I thought the Master CC thread was supposed to be a sort of answer to this. After all their basic slots were done,a nd if the colorists had time at the end of the month, they were picking a few CC couples to do. However, that list hasn't been touched since August. The only person who did it that month was Tooaya. But yeah... just saying... maybe it could be implemented Staff side.. that if people CC any couples, that they try to choose couples with owners who haven't won any slots that month? or even the month before? just an idea...  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:05 pm
Graceangel
Actually, I thought the Master CC thread was supposed to be a sort of answer to this. After all their basic slots were done,a nd if the colorists had time at the end of the month, they were picking a few CC couples to do. However, that list hasn't been touched since August. The only person who did it that month was Tooaya. But yeah... just saying... maybe it could be implemented Staff side.. that if people CC any couples, that they try to choose couples with owners who haven't won any slots that month? or even the month before? just an idea...

This please. There are loads of people who haven't won slots yet in the whole year and I find it absurd to wait for over a year for breedings. LL's and Non winners get priority in choosing please.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:41 pm
I don't know that more breeding slots are the answer, but I would definitely like to see more like Ririka did, with the Low Luck for a year slots. That would, I think, significantly cut down on the feeling that the same people were winning month after month.

I do understand, like the others, that there are a lot of people entering for just a few slots. I also sympathize with the colorists on not wanting to burn out. That said, I -also- sympathize with people who try and try to win slots and don't, while the same people seem to win if not every time, then pretty often.

I mean, consider the fact that there quite a few people who have 20+ attempts, while there are other people who sport sigs where they have two or three or more baskets at a time, from different breedings. Yes, some of those may be gifts from other people, but many are not. That points to an imbalance.  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 pm
Speaking as owner and not staff~

I think I made this suggestion back when the uhm. Breeding Suggestions thread or whatever it was was open a while back.

But it's relevant to this topic, so here goes!

What about having a requirement for each colorist to always have at least one Low-Luck/Newbie/etc slot in every breeding raffle that they do? I know a lot of colorists do that anyway, but perhaps having it as an official requirement would have those types of slots popping up more often?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:06 am
I like Manda's suggestion. We went along time without see an LL, and even newbie related, and RP slots.

I do think it could help rather then just rolling off the huge open list. I know I personally don't have an issue with waiting on breedings because I know that there are alot of other people trying, and the colorists can only handle so much. But I just thought it was cool how Riri realized the same people often win, and wanted to try and get some other people.

It's pretty clear that asking for the slots isn't going to work, seeing as how, as Grace brought up, colorists have the Master CC list and that hasn't been touched a long time.  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:20 am
I'm still wondering why a lot of the CC master list hasn't been touch. I know its colorist's perrogative but a lot of those there have been sitting there for a long time.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff