Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:34 am
darknightcavalier
I'm still wondering why a lot of the CC master list hasn't been touch. I know its colorist's perrogative but a lot of those there have been sitting there for a long time.

Between the hiring, Halloween event, taking over abandoned breedings, and restructuring the shop (like giving us the Feedback Forum), and their normal requirements, they're probably just.... busy? There's been a LOT of activity recently.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:07 am
Yeah. I think that's true also. I think regarding any normal proceedings in soquili; everyone needs to look at the flurry of happenings lately. It's hard for a shop to have so much production when a lot of their staff to do it isn't active or available.

I do kind of wonder though; if Soquili should consider taking on extra staff... this way if some staff need to hiatus for more than a month or two; then some staff are on rotation based on personal schedules... that way there is always a preset number of people around to offer services.

kind of like how many familiar artists there are now. which is great btw (sorry i know that's off topic)  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:52 am
Well to be honest, I don't think there is anyone around for extra staff. As it is, the fam colorists have been coloring some soq... Example was that huge raffle.

But Soq has to be careful because they do have a quality issue. So they can't just hire whoever.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:07 am
Its not that simple... I can't speak for Soquili staff, but as a colorist in general, its tough enough to have to do a lot of breedings since coloring breedings take more time & creativity than flatsale pets. Not only do they go through all 3 stages, some of them need huge edits. In the case of "mismatched" parents, its a headache to make the children presentable as well. xD;; Also, colorists have to cert the children (I personally find it tedious) and grow them on time to prevent regulars from getting upset about "waiting too long".

I mean, its cool what Riri did since she took into consideration not only 'which pony won' but 'which owner won'... However, asking everyone else to do the same will probably cause them to be too burnt out to do anything else!

I think more newbie slots can be a solution though, as well as "herd newbie" slots? Like a slot for people with herds that has less than say... 5 or 10 ponies? Just a suggestion off teh top of my head, not sure how viable it is? So far, I've seen 'Open', 'Unedited' ' Newbie', 'RP', 'Lifemate' - all good slots, especially the last 3! Those are slots that act as incentives for certain groups of people. xD

I personally think that they hired enough familiar colorists in the last event to last them a long time. ^^; Too many cooks spoil the soup! While quantity is important to make Soquili readily available to others, I would rather have 20 quality, drool-worthy ponies rather than 50 low-quality ponies that would make people face palm.

On that note, going back to the breeding "issue" to stay on topic, I would rather the colorists take on 4 slots and do their best on those 4 breedings, rather than take on 6 and take a long time to do "lower quality than expected" work. However, after they are done with the initial 4 (I expected all stages to be done beforehand to prevent future growth time being too long), they can choose to take on more if they have the time/energy. :3 Just my two cents!

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:17 am

About the master CC list, colorists seem to just be CCing from their thread openings, thus not using the master CC.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:06 am
Haha first time breeding overwhelming. Side note but I remember when I took on 10 my first time. Haha yeeeeah. 8D;

In terns of types of slots there can be many to pick from. In my head I came up with these;
1. Open
2. Unedited
3. Edited
4. Lifemates
5. LowLuck
6. Super LowLuck/Ririka's Year long LowLuck
7. RP Qualified
8. Newbie
9. Single Mixers
10. Minis (for Seathi and Usdia only)
11. Mers only (for the sake of making people want them)
12. Elders only
13. CC
And then another one I spotted;
14. LowLuck Lifemates

14 possibly more. That's a lot of categories. XD As you can see there's a variety of slot categories that someone can fall under. Theoretically you can take any of those and put the newbie only or LL tag in front of it to give you even more options. On average a colorist will do 4-5 slot openings per breeding raffle. If they chose to give the largest amount of people a chance that'd be 4-5 different category slots with 4-5 different lists to manage. XD I have no problem doing a newbie only breeding raffle every now and then, or a LowLuck one, or any specific category for that matter.

Ok after I typed it all out I realized my 2 cents is pointless. >w>; I think I just wanted to put this list somewhere and here seemed fitting LOL

You all may go about your business.

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:16 am
Mameha Otome
I say more newbie slots to people who haven't won a breeding with a soq they own. Most of the ones I see go about it well, if one owner is a newbie but the other isn't, they can still enter and have a chance to win.

I also say I want to see more low luck slots. I barely see any at all, and I know there aren't many LL couples out there, it's still frustrating to those of us who are not only LL/RP qualified, but don't get that chance. We get it maybe once every so often and only one is rolled from it :C

In the last 4-5 months we've all knocked out about 10 LL couples from the LL lists. So I would say we're doing pretty good! I intend to continue doing LL couples as well..

As for the CC Master list. That was brought up in a meeting not along ago, and a bunch of us have agreed that instead of CCing in our raffles, we'll be using the list instead. Otherwise, why have one?

Also. It's called CC(Colorist's choice) for a reason. If it was regulated, it wouldn't be CC. I did take into consideration LL and winning rates when I picked my CCs, but I wasn't required to. If they start regulating CC, then I can see some colorists loosing their desire to pick them.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:43 am
Its better to look at the master list IMO. Lots of couples from last year still there and a lot of them do join the breeding raffles anyway.  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:50 am
*stamps approve on this*

I agree on the extra rolls if possible to do so, depending on the work load. I understand colorists arent robots and need a life XD heart

Different Breeding topic:

I ALSO liked when Sabin rolled a few LL slots and also held a LL Breeding raffle! That was wonderful to see! Especially for those that have been trying for so long and to see someone win a breeding after just trying once is very frustrating.

I understand it is not the colorists fault when it comes to the RNG but extra LL rolls would be very nice to see indeed.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff