Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[I] Purewalker Availability [Oyohusa says: being addressed!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:19 pm
I don't quite understand why Purewalkers have to be SO RARE and, basically, impossible for most thread goers to get.

Currently, they CANNOT be customed. They CANNOT be bribed for.

You can ONLY get them through staff credits or IRL commissions from Sirenz. Or shop events.

But there haven't been very many shop events. I could be wrong, but I THINK the only time purewalkers have been "open to the public" was the WoW auction. And that was still an auction.

Now, I understand they are supposed to be rare- that's cool. But rare is not the same as impossible.

My suggestions:

- Allow colorists to open a purewalker custom slot every, I dunno, 6 months or so. AND if you WIN a purewalker, you can't try again for at least 1 year in customs.

- More FREE events for purewalkers. At least every few months, have a storytelling/RP contest/scavenger hunt of some kind. Maybe limit the free evens to people who do not own a purewalker.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:24 pm
I love this idea smile I don't think I've ever seen a pure walker other then the WoW event to be honest >.> I'm also noticing, that a lot of the skinwalkers that have been given away in the events, are just that. Skinwalkers. They aren't pure. I do like that they're rarer and not everyone has one, but I wish they were a little easier to get. For those of us who don't have millions and millions of gold, we can't bid on auctions to buy them. I think that the custom idea would be great smile Although it would still be nice to try and have a free event for one every now and then.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:24 pm
I would love to see more pure walkers around. They are such awesome soq. I would like to see more ways to get a pure that doesn't involve pure gold. Maybe that sounds shallow of me, but I have a massive gold quest already. There's no way I could afford a pure walker and I would like a slim chance to possibly get one.

I do also like the long time between winning a pure and when you're next able to try. It will give more people the chance to win one who haven't.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:27 pm
I whole heatedly agree with this.

While bidding for the purewalkers in the WoW auction, I thought it was silly that they went for such an amazingly high amount considering that they were far, far less edited than the other auctions. It only went that high because purewalkers are so rare.

This has always been one thing that I've not liked about the shop. I think there should be more released via other ways than being super rich, super cool, or staff using credits. It would be lovely if there could be some released via RP, games, or something else.

Plus, there just aren't enough purewalkers running around to breed them with to make more purewalkers since a lot of the owners of them don't seem to be interested for whatever reason. There are far more males than females it seems, and I can't find a proper purewalker mate for my boy.  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:32 pm
I'm all for this, especially RP events, for those of us that don't have a crazy amount of gold--plus, it can be a way to 'insure', sort of, that the PW doesn't go to someone who...well, only wants it to go 'ooh, I have a purewalker, look at me~' in their sig XD Call me a cynic, but I'd rather loose to someone who writes better than me than someone who has 100m to drop on a pet. It shouldn't just be about profits or whatever, so I totally totallyyyy agree with the more free/RP/newbie events. <3

I was actually just thinking about purewalkers the other day, thank you for making this thread!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:34 pm

I agree with the above ideas. Awhile back, I had the opportunity to acquire a purewalker via the generous assistance of a friend of mine, and when that fell through, it once again became out of my reach. I would love to see more purewalkers available, whether via events (more events) or via customs as well. For those of us who do not have access to staff credit and who cannot pay RL money, these pets should still be attainable. Not easy to get, mind, but still possible.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:35 pm
I also agree with this, mainly because I am one of those people who gets to sit and look at the purewalker auctions, but can't do anything because I don't have hundreds of millions of gold to spend on them. A lot of the same people win the auctions - which isn't a bad thing, don't get me wrong - but it would be nice if the general public would be able to try for a purewalker as well. An RP contest or something like that would be a great opportunity, I think.

And just for the record, I also agree with the limitations - once you win one, you can't get another for a year or something to that effect.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 pm
I could not agree more. I've been questing for once since skinwalkers were first introduced -- I didn't want to custom a pure one back then until I had a concept I was absolutely satisfied with, since I love them so much -- and then they were cut off from customs. sad

I am pretty sure only one purewalker has been offered per year, aside from the WoW auction in where there were two -- but basically, it seems like the going rate has been only one single opportunity per year.  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:38 pm
Purewalker availability is pathetic and can be still be a rarity without it being something you have to give your firstborn for. Its especially discouraging to see/know how incredibly easy it is to get one as a staff member.

tl;dr- Needs moar purewalkins  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:45 pm
It's kind of ridiculous to see just how nearly impossible it is to get a purewalker. I know a good many of them are owned just by staff, and it's like what Nymph said - we quest, we're excited, we come up with a concept and then bam - no more purewalkers except for the outrageously rare one given maybe once or twice a year.

So yeah. Basically what King + Nymph said.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Oyohusa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:49 pm
*coughs for visibility* Working on it now.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 pm
I'll be devil's advocate and say I don't agree. Pures are rare for a reason. If they were meant to be wide-spread, then they would've been a common breed from the outset. Making them widely available just because people are all "gimmie gimmie omg I wants" over them will just ruin the breeds specialness as being something rare to strive for.

As a pure owner, sure.. I'd like to see a few more around, but not to the point where everyone can walk in and get one... and certainly NOT from customs. That is a can of worms there I'd rather not seen opened.  

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:53 pm

As someone who worked pretty hard on a purewalker concept, then start questing... only to then see that, oh hey! You can't get them any more unless you're using staff credits/RL slots/insane amount of gold via auctions 8D

I'm with -almost- above me. They should be rare. Considering their lore, I'd find it tragic to see a million running around willy-nilly. Kamiki's idea to make winners of customed purewalkers wait after getting one? I adore it. Especially when coupled with the idea that owners of purewalkers couldn't participate in free events for even more of them. Share the uberevil love, people~ D; <3

Pre-post-Edit: Oyohusa is a happy sight to me *w*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:57 pm
They should definately be super rare, but I don't think (like most above) that a few per year given out is a big deal. It's going to still far surpass anything. Not to mention, most people like to breed their purewalkers to other purewalkers right?

And...if there's not more...Then there won't even be the capibility to breed to many then without crossing some gene path 0_o  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:57 pm
At Jynk: I get that they need to be rare, but they're TOO rare. It's nice that you have one, and I get that not every person will get one. But at the same time, It'd be nice to see the average person be able to get one. Not just someone who's super friendly with a colorist, has TONS of gold, or happens to be a colorist.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff