Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[I] Purewalker Availability [Oyohusa says: being addressed!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:28 pm
To add to what Beejoux said, possible every 6 months doesn't mean automatic approval every six months. All staff ponies have to be approved.

Purewalkers are challenging to RP - moreso than any other breed in the shop. They were meant to be mostly available through contests to ensure that the owner would be able to play them correctly. The state of affairs over the last year also hasn't bee terribly conducive to putting on RP contests - we are working on fixing that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:29 pm

I agree. I love the idea of a RP contest for a semi-custom, or even JadeEye's idea of having a detailed custom contest, in which the nature of the Skinwalker would be outlined. Personally, I would love to see both of these things come to be.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
JadeEye

And when I say concept contest, I don't mean a huge, drawn out to-do that takes up staff time. I mean something like the breeding slots with a thread that opens at certain times where people can submit their forms. Then maybe do a raffle from those who have concepts that fulfill the requirements and they can pay the custom price.

Oh, love this idea.

Because my only problem with straight-RP contests is this:

You have 1 prize.
You have 200 people wanting said prize.

That means you have to the best RPer out of 200 people. :/ That's awfully daunting - especially because you might not BE the next award-winning author, ya know? But just because you're not the best out of 200 people doesn't mean your RPing/concept sucks. You could be in the top 5% and still lose.

So yeah, I think the whole raffle between all acceptable concepts is a great compromise.

StarieMichie
@Bee: Oh, I fully understand that. But being able to work and save credits for one, and knowing that you are able to get it is a lot more than what the customers are getting now.

s**t. Give me tasks to do for months and months on end, and reward me with a custom purewalker. I'd do it. I'd do it in a heartbeat considering I can never get one now unless I get lucky and get a RL slot.

Think of it like any sort of job.

Mine for example. I work for a restaurant. Not only do I get payed, but I get the perk of 30% off anything I buy there.

Credits is a perk. And not all staff members have purewalkers. Intact the majority don't.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
lol i thought they couldn't have mates???

Anyway, I can understand the need to keep them regulated. Basically I would just like to see more opportunities. And I didn't mean for it to sound like staff just got to go and make one whenever, but they do seem to have much better chances then non staff.

I like the concept idea smile If we can't have them customed, then having them as a concept contest would be nice. Then we can still have the type (coloring and such) that we want and basically still getting our custom.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:31 pm
Nyx Queen of Darkness
Jynk
CheshireKttty
I'm not entirely sure how customed pures are going to be 'bad'? As long as they have strict guide lines I don't see the issues. And until someone actually gives me legitimate reasons I think they should be reinstated.

You ever cruise the customs and see a soq someone wants made and go "what the? why? why would you make a horse like that?" Come on, you know you've seen at least one that made you have that reaction. Well, how about people doing wildly out of character things with Soqs? Or having cosplays that probably should not be made into horses? Now... imagine that but with purewalkers.

Custom purewalkers = too easy to be ooc with them.

And maybe the issue here shouldn't be so much of "more pures for everyone!" (sounds like a campaign slogan), but more pures given out in events and more events per year.

By this theory, IRL or Staff Credits should not be allowed either as they're allowed to create them how they want. Doesn't matter if it's rare or not, people are STILL creating them.

They need to be regulated not be refused outright.

I do agree with this, actually. The staff should be held to the same regulations for breeds as everyone else. That said, I think the way they earn them has getting a pure, even for them, as incredibly difficult. Besides, they can get that pure and give it to someone else and not keep it, like they can with any custom they earn. It's their choice to earn a rare and give it away or keep it. Though, I do see some on the staff getting and keeping customs/breedings more than giving them away.  

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:33 pm
Felmino
To add to what Beejoux said, possible every 6 months doesn't mean automatic approval every six months. All staff ponies have to be approved.

Purewalkers are challenging to RP - moreso than any other breed in the shop. They were meant to be mostly available through contests to ensure that the owner would be able to play them correctly. The state of affairs over the last year also hasn't bee terribly conducive to putting on RP contests - we are working on fixing that.
X_X ^ This  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:34 pm
Kamiki
JadeEye

And when I say concept contest, I don't mean a huge, drawn out to-do that takes up staff time. I mean something like the breeding slots with a thread that opens at certain times where people can submit their forms. Then maybe do a raffle from those who have concepts that fulfill the requirements and they can pay the custom price.

Oh, love this idea.

You have 1 prize.

That means you have to the best RPer out of 200 people. :/ That's awfully daunting - especially because you might not BE the next award-winning author, ya know? But just because you're not the best out of 200 people doesn't mean your RPing/concept sucks. You could be in the top 5% and still lose.

So yeah, I think the whole raffle between all acceptable concepts is a great compromise.

This! So much!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:34 pm
Kamiki
JadeEye

Oh, love this idea.

You have 1 prize.

This, exactly. It still allows an element of randomness while still holding people to standards in that they need to qualify first. Fairer odds, provided you are willing to work to be included.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:35 pm
Kamiki
JadeEye

Oh, love this idea.

You have 1 prize.

100% agreed!  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

King Inversitle
Concept Contests are just about the only right way to see these given out properly and efficiently. Plus, holding them at random occasions in the year would not only be fair but also provide a stable population of pures AND policing of SW rping styles.

I may not RP Hadjoc (since I dont really regular soq anymore) But as an OC and a cursedwalker, his only purpose is to eat other horses really. He cant even speak coherently, it definitely saddens me that there arent enough feral walkers tbh. I mean its in their damn description for crying out loud xD

I whole-heartedly agree. Concept contests sound the most fair. Sure, an auction or two would be good, too.. keeps the shop funds up.. but non-auction contests would be nice, too, and, as you and Jade pointed out, an rp or concept contest is the best way to regulate how that pure turns out.

Random events would be fun... for any breed.  
I really like that idea as well - a limited custom raffle from approved concepts - kind of a best of both worlds of allowing customers the opportunity to be able to get a purewalker of their designs while preventing Neko Neko Desu Catwalker from being made.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:37 pm
Jynk

I do agree with this, actually. The staff should be held to the same regulations for breeds as everyone else. That said, I think the way they earn them has getting a pure, even for them, as incredibly difficult. Besides, they can get that pure and give it to someone else and not keep it, like they can with any custom they earn. It's their choice to earn a rare and give it away or keep it. Though, I do see some on the staff getting and keeping customs/breedings more than giving them away.
:/ staff who turn in customs, their idea for what they getting HAS TO BE APPROVED.

i also resent the comment " I do see some on the staff getting and keeping customs/breedings more than giving them away." i work my a** off for what i earn and i shouldnt have to feel guilty in using my credits i earn for myself . neutral but i have used credits for a breeding then gave the extra baskets to friends. like Coal/lolite i did that breeding for a friends birthday.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:37 pm
@Bee: Okay, so at your restaurant do you get access to special menu items that regular customers don't see on the menu more than once a year? At my job as a manger of a Gamestop, I get 15% off, but same thing, I get absolutely nothing exclusive that isn't otherwise available to customers. RL comparisons are not necessarily the best in the situation here as we are talking about drawings of horses and not food or video games.

Although, it should be said that I don't think staff shouldn't get anything special, or that I don't appreciate the work that gets done. I know you guys work hard. But it should be admitted that it does get kind of depressing to see staff custom pures in the drop-offs when no one else can apply to get one themselves.

Also, I am very happy at the posts that have said that this problem is being worked on.  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:39 pm
CheshireKttty
lol i thought they couldn't have mates???

I like the concept idea smile If we can't have them customed, then having them as a concept contest would be nice. Then we can still have the type (coloring and such) that we want and basically still getting our custom.

They can't have lifemates. They can still find a mate to breed with, just not settle into Soq marriage, so to speak, as they are incapable of love.

Perhaps the concept contests could be semi-custom sometimes.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff