Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[I] Purewalker Availability [Oyohusa says: being addressed!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:40 pm
I'm not sure why the staff are being brought up in terms of them not giving away things that they worked to earn. They are -staff-. They run this shop and they have strict rules to follow in terms of redemption of credits. From what I know, they have to do a TON of work in order to redeem for a breeding or custom. I don't see why they should be expected to ever give that away.

EDIT: Now, if it's because the pures aren't really available for public consumption, I can see being annoyed over it, but saying they didn't earn it or that they are ever expected to give their earnings away...well, that's a little silly. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:40 pm
For what it is worth, I won a purewalker in a RP contest awhile back and I am pretty piss broke gaia-wise and always have been. ^_~

So yeah, it can happen! And I strongly support any attempts by the staff to make more RP events for purewalkers. But I do not like the idea of customs for them. Pures should be moderated by the staff, if only to maintain the integrity of the breed, and I think having a prompt that gives staff the chance to pick players who understand pure skinwalkers as characters is important.

(Also, he regularly goes on bloody rampages and eats small children/foals. No prissy princess pansy kitty pants here. ^_~ )

/end two cents. <3  

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:41 pm
Jynk
Nyx Queen of Darkness
Jynk
CheshireKttty
I'm not entirely sure how customed pures are going to be 'bad'? As long as they have strict guide lines I don't see the issues. And until someone actually gives me legitimate reasons I think they should be reinstated.

You ever cruise the customs and see a soq someone wants made and go "what the? why? why would you make a horse like that?" Come on, you know you've seen at least one that made you have that reaction. Well, how about people doing wildly out of character things with Soqs? Or having cosplays that probably should not be made into horses? Now... imagine that but with purewalkers.

Custom purewalkers = too easy to be ooc with them.

And maybe the issue here shouldn't be so much of "more pures for everyone!" (sounds like a campaign slogan), but more pures given out in events and more events per year.

By this theory, IRL or Staff Credits should not be allowed either as they're allowed to create them how they want. Doesn't matter if it's rare or not, people are STILL creating them.

They need to be regulated not be refused outright.

I do agree with this, actually. The staff should be held to the same regulations for breeds as everyone else. That said, I think the way they earn them has getting a pure, even for them, as incredibly difficult. Besides, they can get that pure and give it to someone else and not keep it, like they can with any custom they earn. It's their choice to earn a rare and give it away or keep it. Though, I do see some on the staff getting and keeping customs/breedings more than giving them away.

True, but it should be all or nothing either way. I understand that they're suppose to be rare and limited and suppose to behave a certain way. I just don't see how we couldn't have a council approve ideas for customs (complete with sample RP of how the character would be played). IF you are approved then you can try for a slot, otherwise not. And I by no means think they should be regular, once or twice a year to try at it would be nice.

And I like that staff can do that. But I do understand that I wouldn't want to give up 6 long months of hard Gaian work to someone else just as much as I wouldn't want to give up 6 months of checks IRL. So if I was staff, I don't think I could justify 6 months of my work/check to someone else unless it was my significant other/family/etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:42 pm
samus x
i also resent the comment " I do see some on the staff getting and keeping customs/breedings more than giving them away." i work my a** off for what i earn and i shouldnt have to feel guilty in using my credits i earn for myself . neutral

Just wanted to say I agree with this... I never understood why people get angry about that. That's like getting annoyed at someone for spending their IRL paycheck on themselves. sweatdrop  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:42 pm
JadeEye
I'm not sure why the staff are being brought up in terms of them not giving away things that they worked to earn. They are -staff-. They run this shop and they have strict rules to follow in terms of redemption of credits. From what I know, they have to do a TON of work in order to redeem for a breeding or custom. I don't see why they should be expected to ever give that away.

EDIT: Now, if it's because the pures aren't really available for public consumption, I can see being annoyed over it, but saying they didn't earn it or that they are ever expected to give their earnings away...well, that's a little silly. sweatdrop

THIS THIS SO MUCH  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:43 pm
JadeEye

Okay like this for serious

Working for Soq guys, if any of you havent done it...? Just... JUST SAYING MAN. Working. For. Soq.  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:45 pm
samus x
Jynk

I do agree with this, actually. The staff should be held to the same regulations for breeds as everyone else. That said, I think the way they earn them has getting a pure, even for them, as incredibly difficult. Besides, they can get that pure and give it to someone else and not keep it, like they can with any custom they earn. It's their choice to earn a rare and give it away or keep it. Though, I do see some on the staff getting and keeping customs/breedings more than giving them away.
:/ staff who turn in customs, their idea for what they getting HAS TO BE APPROVED.

i also resent the comment " I do see some on the staff getting and keeping customs/breedings more than giving them away." i work my a** off for what i earn and i shouldnt have to feel guilty in using my credits i earn for myself . neutral but i have used credits for a breeding then gave the extra baskets to friends. like Coal/lolite i did that breeding for a friends birthday.
Here here! I know for a fact that staffers here work their asses off to be able to earn credits and it's not easy to do. You aren't staff Jynk. You don't know what's going on with the SC system. It's not right that you make them feel guilty about what they bust a** for.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:45 pm
@Nyx: I agree with what you say. Perhaps there could be 'skin walker quests'? Maybe where you could put up your concept, but it has to be approved before you can get it as a custom or a bribe? Then the customs could stay open but they can still be regulated.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:46 pm
samus x
:/ staff who turn in customs, their idea for what they getting HAS TO BE APPROVED.

i also resent the comment " I do see some on the staff getting and keeping customs/breedings more than giving them away." i work my a** off for what i earn and i shouldnt have to feel guilty in using my credits i earn for myself . neutral but i have used credits for a breeding then gave the extra baskets to friends. like Coal/lolite i did that breeding for a friends birthday.

And they should be approved, but they should also be regulated, and it sounds like they are.

I don't want you to feel guilty for keeping what you earned. You did earn it after all, which is why I said it is the staff's right to keep or give away whatever they earn. Some staff, past and present, have shown to be very generous with their credits, others hoard Soqs. Both are within their rights. That's what I meant earlier.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:46 pm

I take no issue with staff being allowed to use their credits for purewalkers, or whatever else it is they want. The problem is not that they can use them. The problem is that, otherwise, there is such a limited availability as almost to be nonexistent. I don't think anyone meant to imply that the staff ought to give away their earnings in any way. If they did, well, I disagree. XD

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:48 pm
Kamiki
JadeEye

THIS THIS SO MUCH

^ this!

Nymphalidae
samus x
i also resent the comment " I do see some on the staff getting and keeping customs/breedings more than giving them away." i work my a** off for what i earn and i shouldnt have to feel guilty in using my credits i earn for myself . neutral

Just wanted to say I agree with this... I never understood why people get angry about that. That's like getting annoyed at someone for spending their IRL paycheck on themselves. sweatdrop

^ and this!

And what King said. /Nod/  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:49 pm
Jynk
samus x

And they should be approved, but they should also be regulated, and it sounds like they are.

I don't want you to feel guilty for keeping what you earned. You did earn it after all, which is why I said it is the staff's right to keep or give away whatever they earn. Some staff, past and present, have shown to be very generous with their credits, others hoard Soqs. Both are within their rights. That's what I meant earlier.

I think your wording was just read badly with your comment about how they were keeping their earnings more than giving away. It insinuated that you felt that they were acting selfishly. After rereading, I don't think you did mean it that way, it just read poorly to those of us not in your brain. xd I think you were just making a general observation.  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 pm
JadeEye
Jynk
samus x

I think your wording was just read badly with your comment about how they were keeping their earnings more than giving away. It insinuated that you felt that they were acting selfishly. After rereading, I don't think you did mean it that way, it just read poorly to those of us not in your brain. xd I think you were just making a general observation.

Exactly. I know the staff work hard and I know what a pain in the a** it is for them to raise credits. I was never staff and, looking at things now, don't ever want to be, but Kali was and I know from her.. as I'm sure Kamiki knows from Sabin, how hard it is to earn things for the staff... non-colorists have an even harder time to earn things, I understand. Samus could probably clarify that more.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:02 pm

TL;DR > I agree with King, pures should be able to be obtained without shelling out your first born or having an 'in' with staff.

Ktns

Lunatic

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:09 pm
Then you should like what's already in the works. wink  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items