Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[I] Confusion with what is/isn't allowed with customs/bribes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:50 pm
Oookay, read through all this. *gathers thoughts*
As confusing as the rules are for you guys, they're not much better for us colorists. We're nearly as confused about what is or is not allowed some times and that causes a lot of the inconsistencies.

Part of it also stems from the fact that the rules have *changed* over time, many things that were once the providence of mutants are now only "breed variants" and not considered mutations at all.

As for the pricing issues, while we've done the best we can to detail exactly how to price customs there is still some "wiggle room" and I'm not entirely sure how to nail it down without pricing things unfairly. For example we could have just one set price for edited ponies but then the uber-detailed horses would cost the same as someone who just wants a little flower or two. That doesn't seem fair either.

That said, pretty much EVERY ruleset will be looked at, eventually. There are a lot of them and we're going through things slowly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:52 pm
Eh, editing out. It's probably too "one specific/issue" specific and I don't want anyone feeling called out  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:54 pm
Felmino
Oookay, read through all this. *gathers thoughts*
As confusing as the rules are for you guys, they're not much better for us colorists. We're nearly as confused about what is or is not allowed some times and that causes a lot of the inconsistencies.

Part of it also stems from the fact that the rules have *changed* over time, many things that were once the providence of mutants are now only "breed variants" and not considered mutations at all.

As for the pricing issues, while we've done the best we can to detail exactly how to price customs there is still some "wiggle room" and I'm not entirely sure how to nail it down without pricing things unfairly. For example we could have just one set price for edited ponies but then the uber-detailed horses would cost the same as someone who just wants a little flower or two. That doesn't seem fair either.

That said, pretty much EVERY ruleset will be looked at, eventually. There are a lot of them and we're going through things slowly.

There's got to be a way to keep people up to date as to what is allowed and what isn't as things change. Hm...

I think the pricing thing should be left to the colorist. If you don't like their prices, then don't enter? XD;

I knew you guys would be revamping rules and I thank you for it. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 pm
@Kamiki- Yea I am almost certain youre right about the pawed thing cause people were getting so many of them and it was driving me bonkers and I remember in a staff chat a long time ago that they and differented/nonsoq-heads were banned from bribes. There was a huge issue about it and it.. never.. really got fully announced I think  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 pm
I'm not, personally, talking about the pricing, in what I said before... I'm just talking about clarity. Like when a colorist limits slots to 'Moderate or less edits' and I can't be sure if my custom idea qualifies, because it's hard to tell. o.o;;;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:57 pm
King Inversitle
@Kamiki- Yea I am almost certain youre right about the pawed thing cause people were getting so many of them and it was driving me bonkers and I remember in a staff chat a long time ago that they and differented/nonsoq-heads were banned from bribes. There was a huge issue about it and it.. never.. really got fully announced I think

The whole thing about the feet confuses me too. I have seen paws and talons on things that aren't skinwalkers...and it's like...I thought that wasn't allowed. @_@  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:58 pm
@jade; Um... Since colorists are from the same shop, they normally have the same prices. You're kind of saying they can charge differently for different amounts of edits, which is what they already do. I'm pretty sure a lot of colorists already say that you are able to PM them and ask how much a custom would cost when you enter.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:59 pm
ATh e a r t
@jade; Um... Since colorists are from the same shop, they normally have the same prices. You're kind of saying they can charge differently for different amounts of edits, which is what they already do. I'm pretty sure a lot of colorists already say that you are able to PM them and ask how much a custom would cost when you enter.

I'm talking about at what point something is considered simple vs. moderate...etc. Then the price is different. The colorist can determine what they consider to be what price and if it's too expensive for the buyer, then they can try someone else? So saying that needs to be clarified is kind of moot because it's up to individual colorists to make the dividing lines.  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 pm
Well, we all use the same system to decide where things falls, it's detailed in the *counts* Fourth Post of the Custom Information thread it's long, and complicated, and the only way we could come up with to have some kind of a standard.

The only other thing I can see working is a pricing thread and that has it's own headaches - namely it has to be a colorist or someone with a lot of training in there pricing quests constantly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:46 pm
Felmino
Well, we all use the same system to decide where things falls, it's detailed in the *counts* Fourth Post of the Custom Information thread it's long, and complicated, and the only way we could come up with to have some kind of a standard.

The only other thing I can see working is a pricing thread and that has it's own headaches - namely it has to be a colorist or someone with a lot of training in there pricing quests constantly.

I have a question about this. I would like a little more details on some of those points.

The one I'm specifically talking about is the 3 moderate edits can count as one heavy edit bullet. I understand that. It's very simple, but what about...You're getting a custom that has one item that MUST be a heavy edit but there's a lot of minor details or something. How do the minor edits count? Would it be 6 minor edits count for a major edit bullet? Or would it still be only three lesser edits for the bullet?

Does that make sense?  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:05 am
Nyx Queen of Darkness

I have a question about this. I would like a little more details on some of those points.

The one I'm specifically talking about is the 3 moderate edits can count as one heavy edit bullet. I understand that. It's very simple, but what about...You're getting a custom that has one item that MUST be a heavy edit but there's a lot of minor details or something. How do the minor edits count? Would it be 6 minor edits count for a major edit bullet? Or would it still be only three lesser edits for the bullet?

Does that make sense?

Three edits of a lower level = one edit point at a higher level.

One moderate "bullet" can be 3 minor edits.
One heavy "bullet" can be 3 moderate edits.

Therefore, if 3 minor edits = 1 moderate bullet, then for one heavy bullet, you can have 3 minor edits and 2 moderate as 1 bullet, or 6 minor 1 moderate, or 9 minor.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:31 am
"Soquili so edited, you can hardly tell there's a horse under there."

YES. YES PLEASE. Seriously, what happened to the horses with moderate edits, and wonderful markings? For example, the wonderful '3 pair of wings' stallion Zoo made in a Halloween event years ago - I believe Nai (she has an impossibly long name now) owns him? He still makes me drool buckets whenever I see him without being covered in edits. His markings also makes it easy to identify his children since you'll probably not find another Soquili with those markings.

Its the same with Sabin's "sex-tribal marking on leg" stallion. He doesn't have edits, but he's awe-inspiring even before he became an elder... And the sex-tribal thing always made me laugh, even if it was unintentional, especially when it appears on his descendants. xD My Brioso is unedited as well, but I think her markings are stunning and unique. I'm seeing more editing than markings now and it makes me frightened; when Brioso breeds, will the colorist be competent enough to take on those painted on markings? I need to know, and the only way I can know, is seeing what they can do on their unedited/minor/moderate edited ponies with good markings. ^^;

I love edits as well, of course, but it would be nice to be able to tell if 'there is a pony under there or not'. xD; The base is a horse... Not a hippogryph. You can have a cosplay, for example, but a cosplay is a cosplay. You dress up the pony, not change it completely. >.<; You don't have to agree with me, but sometimes, simplicity can be beautiful.

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:49 am
Sabin Duvert
Nyx Queen of Darkness

Does that make sense?

Three edits of a lower level = one edit point at a higher level.

One moderate "bullet" can be 3 minor edits.
One heavy "bullet" can be 3 moderate edits.

Therefore, if 3 minor edits = 1 moderate bullet, then for one heavy bullet, you can have 3 minor edits and 2 moderate as 1 bullet, or 6 minor 1 moderate, or 9 minor.

Thank you so much! That helps because I was confused if it just meant all "lesser" edits fell under 3 for a bullet no matter what or if the lower the edit the higher amount for a higher bullet. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:44 pm
I think one of the major cans that we opened that brings more confusion was when the rules changed to allowing custom edited variations of existing species edits into customs. Before you can only get what was shop templated but now if you dont like a set of kalona horns you can simply request new custom made ones. At one point that was considered a mutant but not anymore.

I know that got me into a bit of a "problem" because I did that with a kalona tail in one of my customs, but some people on staff and customers were not aware of the new custom rules and that what I did was now "legal" so I got questioned about it.

The shop should either not have allowed custom variation edits into the shop (leaving them only mutant territory) or should try to find a way to make everyone know what exactly is allowed and what isn't.

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:14 pm
Mobster Goose
I think one of the major cans that we opened that brings more confusion was when the rules changed to allowing custom edited variations of existing species edits into customs. Before you can only get what was shop templated but now if you dont like a set of kalona horns you can simply request new custom made ones. At one point that was considered a mutant but not anymore.

I know that got me into a bit of a "problem" because I did that with a kalona tail in one of my customs, but some people on staff and customers were not aware of the new custom rules and that what I did was now "legal" so I got questioned about it.

The shop should either not have allowed custom variation edits into the shop (leaving them only mutant territory) or should try to find a way to make everyone know what exactly is allowed and what isn't.

See, I didn't even KNOW now that you were allowed to custom in stuff like that. I thought that anything not templated was considered mutant.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff