Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Cosplay Claims: Getting Dibs Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you in favor of cosplay reservantions?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
No
89%
 89%  [ 51 ]
Maybe: Give suggestions and ideas.
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 57

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:31 pm
I do know that there are people who have been questing cosplays here. One of the things some of us have noticed is that there are some cosplays already taken up by the staff for events, or sometimes for themselves. Why not the regular customers be able to get dibs on what they want? I'm sure there are some people who do like the same character and do fight for the slots when customs do arrive. It wouldn't be fair if someone quested for a certain cosplay only to have it snatched up by someone else. Plus this would help update the list of who wants to and has a cosplay as well. That way no one gets conflicting cosplays and ends up whining someone else got their cosplays before them.

Any suggestions? Yay or Nay? Need some word for it. I know its not a perfect solution but I've seen the cosplay reservation work in other places.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:34 pm
Nay. Being able to call "dibs" on cosplays would get messy. Quick.

And even staff can't "call dibs" on customs if they don't have the credits and ability to get them immediately. Trust me. I went through this with Arthas.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:35 pm
Yea, unless staff were blatantly taking on event or self customs of cosplays in spite of another user then there really is no need for cosplay reservations.

(Especially since I personally think there should be less cosplaying xDDD Edit: The exception being OCs which is technically condoned anyway)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:35 pm
Kamiki
Nay. Being able to call "dibs" on cosplays would get messy. Quick.

And even staff can't "call dibs" on customs if they don't have the credits and ability to get them immediately. Trust me. I went through this with Arthas.

Nay. See above.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:38 pm
I disagree about calling dibs. Will lead to LOTS of complaining.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:39 pm
Oh gods, no Dibs. I've seen shops were Dibs happen and yeah it turns into a HUGE mess when people start.  

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:41 pm
I see. So a First Come First Serve would be better then?

(I'm thankful the ones I do want to get cosplays of are form sources not a lot of people know.)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:43 pm
It should be first come, first serve for everyone until the staff have an event in the works. Then they can block of that section of cosplays for their immediate use. :3  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 pm
It IS first come first serve right now haha  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:49 pm
King Inversitle
It IS first come first serve right now haha
King, they're newbies. They might not know that.  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:51 pm
I agree that it should be first come first serve.

However, I'd like to add a tidbit here, and I believe it's been brought up before; but if a character has been commissioned or customed through ANY colorist/artist here; it should be listed somewhere to prevent other users from attempting to purchase the exact same character. This will prevent hurt feelings if whoever was the one late to get it from feeling crushed when their happiness over getting their long awaited custom is impeded by someone else already getting to it first. I know in some cases people try to get something as a surprise for their friends.

Also, it's been a long standing rule in soquili for a long time that a cosplay does not belong to anyone until you've paid for it, and it's in your hands. Due to the large scale of soquili and span of users here; there's a good chance there are multiple people who'd love any character in question.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:53 pm
@Yuuka- Dark's not really a newbie o.o I dont think..

@ Grace- Well that is what colorists are SUPPOSED to do buuuuuut that list like.. never gets touched anyway ^^; (So in other words its a lazyness issue, and thats not saying staff are lazy I just remember when I would have cosplays to do I always forgot to update said taken list)  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Reeve_Tuesti

Invisible Genius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:55 pm
Graceangel
However, I'd like to add a tidbit here, and I believe it's been brought up before; but if a character has been commissioned or customed through ANY colorist/artist here; it should be listed somewhere to prevent other users from attempting to purchase the exact same character. This will prevent hurt feelings if whoever was the one late to get it from feeling crushed when their happiness over getting their long awaited custom is impeded by someone else already getting to it first. I know in some cases people try to get something as a surprise for their friends.

We've been working on a 'Taken Cosplays' list. It should be up soon-ish. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:57 pm
King Inversitle
@Yuuka- Dark's not really a newbie o.o I dont think..

@ Grace- Well that is what colorists are SUPPOSED to do buuuuuut that list like.. never gets touched anyway ^^; (So in other words its a lazyness issue, and thats not saying staff are lazy I just remember when I would have cosplays to do I always forgot to update said taken list)
Yeah DNC is. Well to me anyway cause newbie = 0-1 Soq. *shrugs*  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:58 pm
I agree, I think it'd get messy pretty dang quick. Plus if someone 'claims' one and then they don't actually work on getting it or just leave gaia then it'd be just sitting there unable to use, plus it would be too much working keeping up on lists and, well just a general mess. With smaller shops it'd be a bit more feasible, but Soquili is just too big.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff