Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Cosplay Claims: Getting Dibs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you in favor of cosplay reservantions?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
No
89%
 89%  [ 51 ]
Maybe: Give suggestions and ideas.
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 57

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:59 pm
Like most people, I don't think its a good idea. I work in a shop with an active reserve list, and it gets abused. A lot. I actually wanted to take it out, but was met with disapproval by other staff and overruled.

People reserve things, then disappear. Its inevitable. The list becomes a huge hassle to update and keep track of. When we first set up ours, almost every regular put like, 10 characters on theirs. The first day, we had to set up a limit of 5. Its now down to a limit of two. We have a huge list of people who have mostly abandoned the shop, but when asked if they would like to keep their reserves, a lot of them still say yes. People will also reserve things, and order things not on the list, cause they know the stuff on the reserve list is "safe".

Its a really big hassle, and with a shop like this, really not worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:08 pm
Just throwing in my two cents here. Most has already been said. Calling dibs would be IMPOSSIBLE in a shop this size. If people are wary of their quest ideas being stolen then they shouldn't post them. Now, if their quest idea is an original character or design of theirs then no one else can steal it. We have a rule about that right now.  

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:09 pm
This shop is definately too big for a reserve list. It would take a staff just to maintain such a thing.

Having a full updated list of what has been taken already will be a great help though. This shop has been around for a long time and there are cosplays out there that many of us have never seen.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:13 pm
We do have a cosplay listing.

Yeah I know how unfair ppl think this is but when you stand back and look at the big picture, it is the fairest way.  

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:16 pm
Reeve_Tuesti
Graceangel
However, I'd like to add a tidbit here, and I believe it's been brought up before; but if a character has been commissioned or customed through ANY colorist/artist here; it should be listed somewhere to prevent other users from attempting to purchase the exact same character. This will prevent hurt feelings if whoever was the one late to get it from feeling crushed when their happiness over getting their long awaited custom is impeded by someone else already getting to it first. I know in some cases people try to get something as a surprise for their friends.

We've been working on a 'Taken Cosplays' list. It should be up soon-ish. ^^

awesome! in connection with that; it'd be helpful if there could be an up to date wildlife//beastiary list as well! I think the current existing cosplay compendium is by far more filled out and closer to being accurate than the wildlife version is.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:20 pm
I honestly find the current listing confusing and as far as I know its out of date. It is useful as is for older cosplays if someone has something specific in mind and knows to search there for it first. Its the listing of newer/in the works items that has me the most confused.

Trying to find a way to word it better but that's the best I can do at 1am. sweatdrop  

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 pm
Reeve_Tuesti
Graceangel
However, I'd like to add a tidbit here, and I believe it's been brought up before; but if a character has been commissioned or customed through ANY colorist/artist here; it should be listed somewhere to prevent other users from attempting to purchase the exact same character. This will prevent hurt feelings if whoever was the one late to get it from feeling crushed when their happiness over getting their long awaited custom is impeded by someone else already getting to it first. I know in some cases people try to get something as a surprise for their friends.

This excites me greatly ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:22 pm
Graceangel
Reeve_Tuesti
Graceangel

awesome! in connection with that; it'd be helpful if there could be an up to date wildlife//beastiary list as well! I think the current existing cosplay compendium is by far more filled out and closer to being accurate than the wildlife version is.

We're working on that too. XD Hopefully we'll have lists for Taken Cosplays, Wildlife and Angeni Themes, again, soon-ish. Lol.

And just to keep this relatively relevant to the topic at hand. I think having a 'dibs' on cosplays would be disastrous, to say the least.
Like Sirenz said, if you don't want a quest being stolen, quest it in secret. I know I do. X3  

Reeve_Tuesti

Invisible Genius

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 pm
Please update the list. Its going to be nuts to quest hard only to find out someone else already has that Soq.

So far I thought it would work here because it works in another place. There is a dibs list but no one has complained and the shop has been running smoothly.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:36 pm
xD I should let you take a look at the workings of our reserve list where I work. It'd quickly change anyone's mind.  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:06 am
I find sometimes, that some people will back off questing a character if go to quest and find someone else questing (Ie: has been questing for two months already.). Not always the case... But I have seen it here several times.

but I can understand where you're coming from. I knew someone that was questing for 6 months, and had everything she needed but the slot. And then the next day a staffer claimed the Cosplay, and got it made. There were some issue about that. But not much to be done.

This shop is so large it would be to much work DX  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 am
I... Feel that while I would personally love dibs on characters I love (I'm greedy, yes?), it is way too messy. Its already been stated why by different people, so I shall not repeat their points!

Yeah, it can seem pretty unfair when you're questing a cosplay slot for say, a year, when someone with the means to get it through a bribe or using staff credits get it in a week. However, its just one of those things you have to deal with, I guess. xD;

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Felmino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:23 am
This was proposed at a staff meeting early last year, and flat out rejected, for the same reasons you all have pointed out. It's an incredible hassle to maintain a list, it's difficult to keep track of who's still active, and people tend to "camp" on certain characters then not go for them when the get a slot, but pick up something they don't have dibs on.

We need lists of what already exists far more than a reserve system. wink  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces