Not really a fan of this, sorry :C
52%
 52%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 65

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:13 pm
Hot Topics in this thread to discuss:

User Image An event at the end of the year for people who have not won an event in at least 10 months. Events are labeled by anything other than an custom/breeding.

User Image Cool downs on events. I.E. You win one event and you can not join into the next one.

User Image More auction rules allowing more people to have a shot at auctions. I.E. Pure Skinwalker auction, people that already own a Pure Skinwalker can not enter.

(Original post)

I cant seem to sleep cause of this damn ear infection, so I started to run things through my head a bit. I know what Ive said about reiterating, but I feel this is more clarifying than anything. Maybe give a little insight as to why I made this post, because its not all just about 'bawwwww' bad luck.

I've been apart of Soq now for about two years. In the beginning, the shop was pretty bad about anything newbie related, or even really being friendly in general. I came into the thread, I even posted in the newbie area but almost always got ignored. Soq wasnt as newbie friendly back then as they are now. I tried my hand at events, as little as they were, and always came up empty handed.

Now, Im your pretty average every day Gaian. Im not awesome at art, I dont have a good gig at some elite shop. I dont have the expendable income to dump RL money into this site in any means whether its Gaia itself or RL bribes. Im not rich. I dont have 'buddies' on staff. I worked off what I could and saved and saved until I could finally FINALLY afford my first Soq, which was a bribe, for 10mil.

Yes, I have a nice little herd, and all but 1 in my herd I have paid for. Totaling up to 26.66 mil. Thats not including all the other money Ive dumped into raffles and events the past two years.

Now some of you Im sure by now are also crying 'selfish' as well. Welp, Ive also given away two full Soq to newbies that owned 0, as well as paid for three newbies to get their first customs. Only one of these people did I even remotely know, so it wasnt as if I was 'gifting' friends.

If you know me, you know I dont have but maybe 5 other pets in B/C. I spend most/all my time and money here at Soq. I dont collect other pets, I dont collect avatar items. Every once in a while Ill use birthday money or something, but its so few and far between that I treat myself in such a way.

So yes, when I see people wandering around with herds of Soq and have maybe paid for one or two of them, winning the rest in events, its a little disheartening. Recently, I asked a friend with a herd of about the same size as mine, what she paid for her herd if she had to guess. The answer? About 1.5mil. Everything else was won. She also has been in the shop about a year less than I have as well.

Now, I understand that my situation, along with the one I quoted from a friend, might fall as extreme because not everyone has the same story, but I think something should be said for shop loyalty and shop interaction. And you know what, not a lot of people even fall into this category, so you arent looking at a list of even probably close to 50. More likely your looking at a small list, just like any other LL event.

Am I demanding free pets? No. Am I even demanding special events just for me? No. Ideally when I posted the thread, I was thinking, yanno, something would be nice to maybe have, at the end of the year, for people that havent had luck for the entire year. People that have been active religiously, people that have given to others, people that have paid for 95% of what they have.

Would it be a lot of checking on links provided? Probably. But its no different than checking all the other LL links. Hell, you could even just have people link to one event per month, since there is usually at least one event a month, and that would even total to just 12 links, less than the 20 required for LL breedings.

Is this a perfect solution? Probably not. I didnt claim that it was. Hell, it likely wont even work. It was merely a suggestion, because there *are* some of us out there that jump through all the hoops all the time, and would like to win something random. Just like people treasure their first basket, or their first gifting, even their first event won. And judging by the poll, there are a decent number of people that feel similar to the same way.

If you took the time to read this, thank you. I hope it explained a little more than my original post. I dont pretend to know a perfect answer, all I know is that it would be nice. I know there are reasons against this as well, and I respect those people and their opinions. Responses are welcome, tho please be nice. I *get* that some people dont think it will work. Again, this is just an elaboration on my original post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:16 pm
How exactly would you regulate that? How/who will keep track of who has tried event opportunities yet not won? It honestly sounds like a nightmare to do.

And if you have a special even for those non-winners, the majority still won't win anything...and you've just taken time from the staff when they could have been doing other things and gotten folks hopes up they might win, when the odds were never much improved. ^^;  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:18 pm
Great in concept....

...hard in execution.

But I think it's a great thing to consider.

I know Sabin and Mind (and probably others, but these two popped into my mind first) held a LOT of last-minute give aways and freebies for people who didn't managed to nab anything in the WoW event. And I DO love the idea of their being a raffle or something at the end of any REALLY BIG event for people who didn't win -anything- (regardless of auction/freebie/etc).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:18 pm

You could regulate it like you regulate LL breedings. You keep links to the events. More work for the person, but if you want it, youll do it.

There isnt really a WHOLE lot that Im sure even fall under this, so its not like 200+ are going to be looking to do it and it would be a nightmare. And honestly, there are lots of staff that are looking to do small event things to help people/cure boredom/get more credits, so you arent stealing anything. They manage their own time, let them decide if its stealing their time or not.

Ktns

Lunatic

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:22 pm
There's a major problem I see with this Kita and I'm not trying to bring you down, but....I think there will be a lot of complaining about how it's 'not fair' and what have you.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:23 pm
Well. A full LL raffle or less than 10 soq raffle could work. then for each event/raffle that you leave empty handed you keep tabs on it?

The idea is there but its hard keeping tabs of when you won and when you haven't won.  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Ktns

Lunatic

Well its also 'not fair' to those of us who can only get horses by paying out the a** for them =/

Etherial Requiem

You could regulate it like you regulate LL breedings. You keep links to the events. More work for the person, but if you want it, youll do it.

There isnt really a WHOLE lot that Im sure even fall under this, so its not like 200+ are going to be looking to do it and it would be a nightmare. And honestly, there are lots of staff that are looking to do small event things to help people/cure boredom/get more credits, so you arent stealing anything. They manage their own time, let them decide if its stealing their time or not.

Yes but people WILL omit links to make it look like they didn't win...and colorists aren't going to track it all down. People will try to cross the line. It's nice to think it won't happen, but it will.

The colorists themselves are plenty busy, I assure you. The non-colorist staff are pretty busy themselves. You nor I can really say exactly how busy, but I'm fairly confident that they have a lot to do already.

I think, like Kamiki said, the execution would be very difficult.  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
I agree with Jade Eye and Kamiki in that it would be too difficult to keep track of. The only way this could work is with an honor system where we are trusting people to tell us the truth about never winning any events.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:25 pm
I was thinking something sort of similar. More along the lines of opportunities for people who no longer qualify as newbies, but aren't one of those people who have 20-30 Soq and always seem to be able to get more.

I'm also not sure how you'd regulate it, but its a little disheartening to see the same people always winning. I'll admit I'm guilty of not trying as hard as I should, but sometimes its discouraging, you know? Newbie slots are GREAT. I love seeing newbies get their first Soq. It'd just be nice to see some of those middle people get more chances too, you know?

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

Ktns

Lunatic

Sorry I guess I feel strongly about this since Ive paid well into my fair share of this shop, only to be constantly denied by the RNG, but seeing the same people always walk off with something.

Im just trying to find where loyalty comes in, and its not just all about how much gold you have, or the chance of the die/when your around.

I haven't won a single free pony or anything cheaply for soq from any event, just FYI (And I have well over 30)....and I don't see how it's unfair. I tried, I lost...it's just bad luck. Having events where 'losers' play to try and win only results in 'losers' losing again. XD  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:28 pm

*shrugs* We all have our different reasons, that doesnt mean what Im posting is invalid because you view it differently c:

Also, this is going for the people who arent wandering around in items in the millions or have the chance to make millions in shops.

EDIT: Im pretty sure if I was wandering around with endless gold or value in items it would be a little different as I could afford an event pet, like the auctions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 pm
Unless there is a third party trusting enough to look into the events. This isn't very practical IMO.

True I do feel for the OP but this is a bit of a nightmare to impose.

Unless I see an alternative loyalty system where people can gain "points"/"credits" to cash in into a soq later.  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:30 pm
Etherial Requiem

*shrugs* We all have our different reasons, that doesnt mean what Im posting is invalid because you view it differently c:

Also, this is going for the people who arent wandering around in items in the millions or have the chance to make millions in shops.

I didn't say your points were invalid, but I did offer reasons for why I disagreed. heart If the staff wants to take up your idea, then fab~ I'm certainly not going to say it's a terrible idea.

Also, just because you have expensive items doesn't mean you paid millions for them or you'd give them up for a soq. wink  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff