Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Events for people that dont win events? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think? *insert catchy phrase here*
I like the idea!
47%
 47%  [ 31 ]
Not really a fan of this, sorry :C
52%
 52%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 65

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:32 pm
Also I think the Cooldown period for auctions/flatsales/ flaffles and raffles etc is a good idea... BUT they are often more than 2 months apart so it would not really work, unless you say that you cant even enter the next 2 if you win one no matter how far apart it is.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:06 pm
I do not think cooldowns for auctions is needed. They are limited already to one per event and big events are only a couple times of year anyway  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 pm
Beejoux
JadeEye

Please don't chastise me. I'm not a child. I wasn't being passive aggressive, I was explaining my position. I have given up millions too but I think that an event like this could be a nightmare very quickly given how large the shop is.

Yes, it sucks to not get selected with the RNG but low luck with events is different given that it's much easier to qualify for a breeding because you don't HAVE to provide links unless you are going for RP breeding. Then you would, of course, provide the right links to prove it. It does you no good to lie because you either have the RP or you don't. In the case of events, there are SO many mini events within events that you would have to link to every single event to prove you didn't win. Plus, for any random giveaways, you'd have to refind these links which is a pain in the butt. It is easy to overlook stuff like that! Furthermore, people -will- try to bend the rules, either on purpose or not. It happens.

Now imagine having to check the forms for accuracy for the 150+ people who might have entered the events and not won.

I just don't see how it could work without being a major headache.

I'm not chastising, I'm always this bubbly and weird. And I wasn't just talking specifically about you. Though I will say these forums are not for drilling people's ideas into the ground. State your opinion, and leave it at that.

As for LL breedings, they DO need to provide links to the prior breeding attempts. Providing links to prior events or raffle/flaffles isn't far beyond that.

I'm aware what the forums are for, which is why I remained neutral throughout all my posts up until that last post I made where I pointed out that you were being unnecessarily harsh.

And I know they have to provide links for LL breedings. There is a difference in providing links for LL breedings because they still don't have to provide each and every link to prove they have been trying awhile. They have a certain number they need over a span of time and that's that. For the events, it would be very difficult to find every page that had a die-rolling event, a raffle, the auctions, any other games, etc, especially if you didn't participate because you weren't present.

Anyway, I think a cool down for the flatsales/flaffles/etc is a good idea in theory, but like Faid mentioned, these things don't happen often enough to be able to be implemented. Now, if things change and this stuff happens regularly again, I'm totally for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:15 pm
Kamiki
I do not think cooldowns for auctions is needed. They are limited already to one per event and big events are only a couple times of year anyway

I agree with this. They aren't done often enough to warrant a cool down period.
I would still really like to see more auctions done for auction newbies, or auctions done like the WoW purewalker auctions, however.  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:20 pm
I think a cooldown for the monthly flaffles would definitely be feasible. They seem to be consistent enough with happening every month that it could work pretty easily.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 pm
Syaoran-Puu
Lolli McHotpants
StarieMichie
Can I just say that I REALLY do love every Soq I've won so far? Because I do.
^ This.

Man. Every single one of my soq are my babies. Almost as much as my real one. xD
Same! XD I am very protective of them. hehehe.
Even the ones who will bite me if I get too close! *nodnod*

Agrees with this xd  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Selalusia

Mewling Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm
I haven't read through everything here, but I wanted to add in my thoughts..even if it's already been said xD

Sirenz
RNGs just don't care whether its a 5 year old shop reg or a newbie who found the shop today. I do think that there should be games in events geared to those who have never won based on an honor system. If that person is found to be lying they they'd be DQ'd from future events.

I think going by an honor system like this would possibly work. I mean... if someone lies, there are soooo many people, someone is bound to remember and turn them in/mention it to staff.
And since the penalty would be something pretty harsh, people might be less inclined to lie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:04 pm
Yuuka Kurokawa
There's a major problem I see with this Kita and I'm not trying to bring you down, but....I think there will be a lot of complaining about how it's 'not fair' and what have you.

What's 'not fair' is watching people who already have several walk away from events/flaffles/what-have-you with three or four when you have gotten none. Ever. I've been trying siinnnccee...I think a little before the WoW event. Nothing. Not even a familiar. I like her idea.....since this is somewhat upsetting....I'm trying to be good about it, but it's a little ridiculous.  

Eienna

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:19 pm
Eienna
Yuuka Kurokawa
There's a major problem I see with this Kita and I'm not trying to bring you down, but....I think there will be a lot of complaining about how it's 'not fair' and what have you.

What's 'not fair' is watching people who already have several walk away from events/flaffles/what-have-you with three or four when you have gotten none. Ever. I've been trying siinnnccee...I think a little before the WoW event. Nothing. Not even a familiar. I like her idea.....since this is somewhat upsetting....I'm trying to be good about it, but it's a little ridiculous.

What's reality... is that not everyone can win something every time. But everyone has the same opportunity as everyone else. They are all playing the same games, trying in the same auctions, participating in the same contests.

Someone has to win. Not everyone can.

Yeah, its frustrating not to win. But it happens. You just...try again next time.

I mean, some people are ALWAYS going to get more than others. Unless ... I dunno, you're not allowed to get another Soquili until EVERYONE ELSE IN THE THREAD has gotten another Soquili, someone is going to get more than others. Or get another one (or three) before someone else has gotten one.

It just... HAPPENS. You can't stop it from happening. It's just part of the nature of the BCP.

If you're a newbie, there are even special events/contests/etc for you. And if you hang out and make friends, and play nice, and be a sport, most people don't stay newbies for too long. Being active in the main threads has proven time and time again the best and quickest way most people get their first heart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:50 pm
I like the honor system thing, I just really hate the auctions or flaffles being limited.

I already outlined my reasons, but when I was doing something earlier--I realized the real reason I dislike it. Because if you start saying you can only get one fs or an auction every other event, then people are going to decide that's not long enough (because demand will ALWAYS be more than output). Then it's going to go, you can only have one once a year---and maybe that's just me being cynical, but the thing that I get is that we want to make it fair, but at the same time we don't want so many restrictions to be on things that they become unfair or that you have to agonize about what if I'll want the next event auction, or one of the FS pets for next month without knowing what they are?  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:55 pm

I notice this still seems to be a hot topic, but I also notice people reiterating their point over and over every time a new person posts either for or against their idea. So far we have had a couple good ideas come from this and good points from both sides.

If you've posted, thank you for your feedback, but please refrain from posting further for either side, since this is a suggestion/feedback thread, not a debate thread, and other people should be allowed to post their opinions and feelings on the matter, if they have something new to bring up, without having old info constantly rehashed.

Your point has been made, and we should let others state their say rather then repeating it. If you can't think of something new, please move onto a different subject you think could use your insight. Repeating yourself whenever confronted with someone else voicing their opinion doesn't mean that you're words are any greater: Everyone requires a chance to have a say without confrontation. If you've stated your piece, for or against it, please step aside and allow others to give themselves a voice instead of beating your point over and over.

Thank you c:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:06 pm
I can say a lot on this topic but I wont. XD *is being neutral even though she has her own opinions*

But if people play the "not fair" card and want things to change to make it fair they have to consider this. The card you are playing is to make it fair for ALL. That's what the "not fair" card is. If you want things changed and get it done then what you just did was flip the coin over. What's "not fair" for you is now not fair for them. There was never really a "not fair" to begin with. It's all just (bad) luck. That's all it is. Nothing more. XD

I'm not saying I'm for or against anything said here I'm just here to let everyone know what card everyone is playing.

You may all continue your "debate". o vo

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:10 pm

I would also like to say, that not everything is all up to 'luck'. There are RP contests, creation contests, etc. So its not just all bad luck.

I keep seeing people focus on the RNG, but thats not the only way events are held.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:16 pm
I don't think I've posted in here before but I've kinda been following along. XD

What this reads to me is: Good idea in theory but not nearly so easy in practice. I personally like the idea since RNG tends to hate me lol. I had never won anything from an event until the WoW one where I was super-lucky enough to win two Soquili. Other than those two, almost every Soq that I have was gifted to me by a friend or from one of my own breedings (also very rare lol)

But ... this kind of thing would have to be carefully regulated and an honor system would definitely be in play no matter how you spin it. Also, it could potentially cause a lot of drama in some instances, which no one really wants.

That being said. If a way could be figured out to do it practically ... I think it could be interesting~

And yea, it's true that there are other ways to win in events aside from the RNG, but it's also true that not everyone is a stellar RP'er/artist or whatever. It's almost even more often that the same people are going to win RP/art/creativity based contests, because they are good at that sort of thing. Which is not a bad thing, but the facts are there XD  

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:19 pm
What seems to be the main concern with this thread (or at least the current conversation) involves luck based things; like flaffles, raffles, ec. It's why I mentioned "luck" in my statements. xD

But even in cases like regular contests. If person A keeps winning them then they are just really good at what they do. It doesn't mean person B (who might not have had as good an entry) should get chosen just because person A wins all the time. So in a grand sense that's considered luck too. Since you never know who decides to enter contests.

If you branch away from the RNG related sales then you're back with the not fair/fair discussion. Which leads back to what I mentioned about what's fair for you might not be fair for all. :3

This conversation really is a back and forth kind of one with it all coming down to "What is fair?"

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff