Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Event concept Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you participate in an event where winning soquili is only through your presence and activity?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 19 ]
No
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
While i like part of this idea, here's what i think would work better
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:26 pm
I saw a few other suggestions about various events. I would like to throw out there the idea of an event where none of the mainstays are had by money. Soquili are beautiful horses. All of the artists here are amazing, and my suggestion isn't to say their work isn't deserving of high pay.

However, in light of not everyone can work from the same pool of funds. It'd be really neat to see an event of even say the halloween size; but with NO parts of it won through personal gaia funds.

The idea is maybe each event gives you a "ticket" or some manner of shop currency that you use (such a horseshoes maybe? like how hooveprints are on the shop awards?) that people can get for participation in various games, etc.. and then those can be used to big on auctions or raffles. This way everyone has an equal chance. Noone could say they couldn't have a shot at an amazing soq for any reason other than they were not present or participating in that event.

I mean. naturally, people with more time on their hands might benefit more; or if it were like games/contests where you have to make something like food or a craft item... people who do those sorts of things would also have a better leg up. Still.. it offers people other opportunities.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 pm
What a cute idea!

It wouldn't work for every event, sure, but I like the concept of earning "Soquili Dollars" during one event through games/etc and you having to chose how to "spend" your money.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:32 pm
I think this is a neat idea too. x3

Like Kamiki said, it wouldn't work for every event, but it would definitely be fun for at least one event, or a special game or something in other events.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:42 pm
Yeah. I didn't mean for it to be used in every event. But, you know random in thread games could also award this form of currency. maybe in each event, there could be a small "horseshoe" exchange people could redeem ones they've saved up for. And, maybe some of the really nice soquili presented could be put there...

While noone openly discusses it; i've heard a lot of people feel like in paid events that they from the get go have no chance whatsoever... In a small event won entirely through this system; the only thing holding you back on what you could win is yourself and your timing. if you don't feel like cooking a baked item or drawing doodles for games, etc.. well, that's your call.

also, it is just an idea. if people have thoughts they wanna add to it; then we could refine the idea to make it more workable for the shop. :3  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:45 pm
I think this is an excellent idea 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:54 pm
It could work. But my only problem is of the time part. Remember, everyone is scattered all around the world.

Also, maybe you could save up this in shop currency like what people do for carnival tickets. Like Xth amount of tickets = Semi Custom Mini or Breeding.  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Yeah. and to be honest, if they did allow it as a form of "shop currency" where it can be saved up and used in different occassions. It could become a form of reward for activity in main thread, active and dedicated rp'ers, and people befriending shop newbies. :3

Shop staff could also maybe hold random games with prizes being small quantity of this.

Earlier I suggested Horse shoes or hoove prints since it feels like it'd be within the theme of the shop.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 pm
:: Love this idea, and I've seen it work in other shops.
The currency could even be broken down into smaller currency that could stack and become larger (sort of like pennies, nickels, dimes, etc).

It could be given away/earned in games during events (much like the carnival games) and wouldn't just disappear at the end, but could be stored in a "bank."

EDIT: Suggested "coin" could be arrow heads? >.>;

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:25 pm
hoove prints, arrowheads, dreamcatchers, beads for dreamcatchers, feathers..

maybe several, with each having a varying level of value. and you could change up for more higher level ones that are higher valued.

If this was to be used; a lot of shops jsut give you a tier of what you can redeem it for. I think teh shop could offer venues during major shop events that accept them.

example: an auction that uses ONLY that shop currency and not actual gold/items. or, raffles where each of the smaller form of currency is what you pay for a ticket?

This way people who do things merit worthy around the shop get rewarded.

Of course, i'm sure the staff might feel hesitant as they wouldn't feel sure how to do it and prevent abuse.

anyone feel like offering ideas on preventing abuse of this? lol x3

tomorrow i'll edit first post to include positive suggestions/additions to the base idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 pm
I feel that this might be getting a little complicated now.

I thought the initial idea was an event based on the shop "currency". I support that idea. Maybe even getting some of this "currency" in other events if you don't win, to be used toward the currency based events.

Not sure on redeeming it for customs and the like, and getting it for activity and whatnot.

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:54 am
Well that was the original intent.

I suppose the idea of that kind of event currency being able to carry over to other things is another idea all together. They are still related though.

maybe that type of shop currency item would only be redeemable during events? that's an idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:28 am
I'd prefer if we stick to one shop currency if we have this set. I mean, you don't go to an arcade, spend a lot so you can get 100 blue tickets to convert into 10 green ones so you can get something worth that much. Kinda complicated. Its just 100 tickets for that item. Plain and simple.

Just make it various denominations like 1000 horsehoes for Medium edit custom or 100 for semi custom mini. (Assuming there aren't a lot to go around yet) I highly doubt it would be simple if it goess like 200 horse shoes and 50 beads for a semi and you have to convert your 1000 clovers for them.

@_@ Ack brain fry.  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:30 am
Personally I think the "currency" should be limited to a special event and not a normal thing... or else I think it would just become crushingly too complicated to keep track of in such a large shop.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:32 am
Kamiki
Personally I think the "currency" should be limited to a special event and not a normal thing... or else I think it would just become crushingly too complicated to keep track of in such a large shop.

Maybe you can keep them for events. Like a bank to cash in for ticket slots instead of paying for said slots. and they can only be used in events.

Or maybe it can be some form of a loyalty points system.  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:33 am
well the original intent/idea was that way people wouldn't be "paying" anything in terms of gold or gaia items. Their ability to get stuff at the event is dependant on them being able to participate.

Though in thought of people who live in europe or other time zones.. we'd need some activities that wouldn't shut them out.

edit: ok. so like i guess.. i'm thinking like.. when you go to dave and busters. you earn all these tickets. Their prize shop offers a lot fo cool things. Point redemption has a lot of escalating things you could get. i"m not suggesting soquili offer that sort of range. But, like, if you didn't have enough points to get that cool think at D&B's, you'd save your tickets and keep stockpiling them. One day you come back and use them... so someone COULD do that; but the events are set up in a way that encourages peopel with them to use them there... like.. what if an event currency auction didn't start at event open. What if it was the last thing and only was open for the last few days of that event?

but the event to use this inital idea would be like a fair.. where each booth only accepts those "tickets" or whatever they use for it.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff