Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Event concept Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you participate in an event where winning soquili is only through your presence and activity?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 19 ]
No
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
While i like part of this idea, here's what i think would work better
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:40 am
also, this might be slightly off topic; and i'm not sure where it would go. However, I think maybe it needs to be said even though we probably already realize this.

For all the ideas and suggestions that pop up; they might not always get unanimous support. However, just because every single person isn't in favor of it doesn't mean there still can't be an event tried out for various things. I mean.. events are made to cater to majority or mass of a shop... and if someone doesn't like something, they can choose to not participate. Noone is making anyone do anything.

People who read this idea and just immediately assume to themselves it's made of fail from teh get go. They could find themselves feeling surprised with how it would actually work if it were done. kind of how in another thread it was mentioned that if you don't totally like the offerings in some things; you just don't try for it and let soemone else have a chance.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:05 am
... Do you know how much I had to go through to participate in even one single event this Halloween? >.> I live 12 hours ahead of most people on Gaia, and for a game that starts at 7pm CST, I had to wake up at 6am... And even then, I know that it doesn't mean I secured a win!

So while I do love the idea of 'participation' being a 'currency', most of the games must not be "one shot" games. Instead, offer games that run for at least 24 hours. ^^; That way, things are more fair in a way.

I don't support the 'thread activity for customs/breedings' thing though. Sounds like staff credit and we're not staff... It also borders on 'activity-required' shops. I think that being active in a shop that you love shouldn't be something that is rewarded, since its really up to staff if they wish to reward you for being active or not... After all, being active is something that you choose to do. However, I do like the idea of there being a custom/breeding slot where only shop regulars get on it. I can see how it might become an issue of biasness though...

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:59 am
I think what they did for the Halloween event was fine. I don't think that a shop-wide thing is needed. Sure, there is no guarantee for a pet, but hey, you have perks for staying around longer.

Games are run when people are available to run it. The games during Halloween that gave tickets were 'perks', not mandatory things. Even if a person was unable to participate in many or any games, that's why the 'ping pong' raffle was there.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:17 am
Dragain
I think that being active in a shop that you love shouldn't be something that is rewarded, since its really up to staff if they wish to reward you for being active or not... After all, being active is something that you choose to do.
This.

I'm all for using currency in special events, so people can have some of the currency when there's a currency event. Auctions could be like the 1g auction. That was fun and you never knew who would win.

I don't think rewarding people for being active is a good idea. I don't think using it for customs/breedings is a good idea. A cool special event, yes. Anything else, no.

I mean, there could be a special raffle in thread to win some currency, but not a reward system. And a tier just complicates things. I know from trying to set up a RP reward system.

Currency for events. With currency rates set out from the get go. Like, its 1 currency to play this game. 5 currency to buy a raffle ticket. You need to bid by 10 currency in the auction. Things like that. That would be neat.

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:57 pm
I think it's a nice idea, but I'm sorry to say there is no way it can possibly work in this shop. Just from the sheer mass of paperwork/checking it would require to make sure that everyone's totals are accurate and the like. I speak from experience when I say that anything requiring us to keep track of changing totals by individual user is a massive amount of work.

And while I wish we could rely on you guys to keep track of your own points/currency/whatever, sadly there are always a few who take advantage and want to spoil it for the rest. ):

*edit* We have actually done similar things in some past events and it was a nightmare to sort it out and make sure it was completely correct behind the scenes. The Pokemon badges and WoW emblems come to mind. @___@;  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:11 pm
Awe :c I was gonna say the idea sounded really cool, I thought about maybe adding ideas however there are many valid points, specially mouse's
-I think people who are regulars in the shop should be rewarded for being regular, Those that are active should be rewarded for being active because they help keep the shop going, I mean I've seen lots of shops that die because of a lack of active participants and others that barely get by with a few stragglers Though I"m not sure how to reward them because it is such a big shop :c
-Mouse makes a solid point, not that it could be anything other solid cause she knows what she talking about lol, thats alot of work, I don't know first hand but I do remember it took awhile to concrete the WoW final list.  

Strait Jacket Girl

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:49 pm
I think it's a nice idea, but it seems really complicated, and it doesn't seem like the colorists would be getting very much for their hard work if they did a whole event like that.

Plus, things with time zones and...yeah. All of this has pretty much been said already..

Perhaps just more mini things like with what happened with the Halloween event. That was neat, with the tickets for participating in events.

Besides, there is already lots of opportunities for those with low funds to win things. That's how I got my first Soq, won at an event...for...participating...actually....

So, there already are things like that, just without the confusing part of trying to keep track of currency. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:12 pm
well the underlying driving thing behind all of this is to generate an event where NOTHING is had by gold.

why is it that in almost every suggestion; people have to find the very every evil in them? of course, not every idea or event is going to be something that always appeal to everyone.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:37 am
Graceangel
well the underlying driving thing behind all of this is to generate an event where NOTHING is had by gold.

why is it that in almost every suggestion; people have to find the very every evil in them? of course, not every idea or event is going to be something that always appeal to everyone.
>_0 actually a lot of event pets are free. if you do not count the raffles or auctions. though they have done free raffles in events before. also events actually do help pay the staff who don't color that work in the shop like how i am non coloring staff because i do teepees but i get a payment every month for what i do.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:53 am

So I gather that you'd like:
• Free pets in every event
• Events where all pets are free/bought with things other than gold
• Events that offer 24h to enter/participate

Small free events are certainly possible (and a few are already planned for the near future) - major events though pretty much have to feature some paid options so that we can support our non-colorist staff, as Samus pointed out. Colorists also generally enjoy getting paid for their stuff sometimes, especially with the amount of work that often goes into event pets.

The tickets earned/spent in an event idea is interesting. I don't know how well it'd work with an auction (what if two people had the highest number of tickets? How would we break a tie.) but participation tickets to free raffle is certainly possible, as was done with the Halloween event.

A long term shop points/ticket system is likely to be unfeasible unfortunately, for the reasons mouselet pointed out. The bookeeping would be phenomenal.

Felmino

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces