Submit

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:53 pm
I'm not sure what happened to it, but I think it should be reopened. It was a wonderful idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 pm
It was popular when it first opened but it seems people forgot it existed. I'm not sure how to get people to go there and welcome the newbies.  

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:05 pm
Well, i peeked inside of it the other day. Not many newbies have even posted in there either. Is there a way to publicize it more? make people more aware that it exists and encourage them to participate in it?

But, just as a side note, we don't need a center, charity or event just to make a newbie feel comfortable. All it takes is someone from the main thread who's around a lot to befriend someone they notice who's new. I noticed someone around this week; I co-owned one of my stallions with her. She is super excited about it. I just know she will rp him. She's already sending me pm's about the kind of familiars and accessories she wants to buy for him.lol

Just saying, at least a minimal amount of this can be streamlined by the shop regs themselves taking some initiative.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:14 pm
That's good we have those like you, Grace, to help the newbies so much. I been a newbie myself and remember what its like to go into a big thread and being ignored. Everyone else has been a newbie too so should go out of their way to welcome someone new. I can't force people to welcome newbies but maybe you can form a newbie welcoming committee that recruits others to welcome newbies.  

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 pm
I've been trying to welcome them too. Its a great way to make friends in the shop, cause even though I've been around a while, I oftentimes get missed in the conversation. Newbies are usually pretty happy to talk to anyone, and feel acknowledged. And hey, you never know who you could meet.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:21 pm
I adopted a newbie myself. Marzipanz. She co owns Amethyst and now has a basket due to the breeding I won.

I always do my best to talk to the newbies I see in the thread or help them out. I remember what it was like to be new in Soq. It's why I made the suggestion to Eve to totally revamp our charity to specifically help Soq newbies and eventually help newbies in other shops.  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:28 pm
That's a great way of thinking about newbies, Kaitaia. I seen people flat out ignore a newbie if they are wearing shabby clothing or have a name with too many numbers. You gotta remember that behind every avatar there is a person with thoughts and feelings.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:34 pm
Exactly. You could meet a friend for life. You never know. Most of the newbies in Soq seem pretty awesome anyway, and like I said. If you make friends with a newbie, and they stick around, which they are more likely to do if they have friends, then you'll always have someone to talk to in the thread. x3  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:36 pm
Kaitaia
Exactly. You could meet a friend for life. You never know. Most of the newbies in Soq seem pretty awesome anyway, and like I said. If you make friends with a newbie, and they stick around, which they are more likely to do if they have friends, then you'll always have someone to talk to in the thread. x3
ilu *glomp* whee  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:38 pm
I remember how scary it was trying to join into Soquili. Not only is the size of the thread intimidating, sometimes the people within are as well. When I first joined in, I was promptly ignored. But Wyn helped coax me in. <3  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:41 pm
x3 <3 ilu2 yuuka~

I personally don't find Soq that bad. There's other shops I find worse. You can usually find someone to talk to here. xD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:43 pm
So I think to best answer this suggestion is the best way to keep the Center filled with welcomers is to form a Welcoming Committee for those who want to make newbies feel comfortable. It would be strictly volunteer because Id on't think its right to give out prizes to someone for behaving in a courteous manner.  

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:44 pm
xD; I honestly didn't know about the centre, or had forgotten about it. I think it is a neat idea though. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 pm
In all technicality, there is kind of a volunteer thread that Mindsend start. [link]  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 pm
Sirenz
So I think to best answer this suggestion is the best way to keep the Center filled with welcomers is to form a Welcoming Committee for those who want to make newbies feel comfortable. It would be strictly volunteer because Id on't think its right to give out prizes to someone for behaving in a courteous manner.
I'd like to permanently volunteer to be involved in that Sirenz.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff