Submit

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:41 am
I think big bribes should be wiped off the table or at the very least giving a maximum number of horses acquired. Most of the big bribes I've seen (and I have personal experience in this) have ended up refunded, waited multiple years for or just flat out died at some point. I think too much is too much and both pet owners and colorists need to remember that and respect it from now on.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:59 am
I agree with Meeki about BB, I believe the rules for BB was that all pets must be done with a month or two of the bribe being accepted but I have never seen this happen. I also think that if people are going to take BB they should NOT be able to take on more work until they are finished.... smile
(this wouldn't including using pets they had already done for games/events or whatever) just no extra customs or breedings to be done until the BB is finished.

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:43 am
As it currently stands, any senior colorist who is completely caught up on work is allowed to open one bribe slot every two months (with permission/approval from a manager) - which I think is a regular enough interval. Many colorists choose not to open them that frequently - either due to needing a bit of a break, or the daunting task of picking a bribe. Also, in general, colorists have been quite busy recently as I know has been brought up.

But maybe with the activity picking up again, it will occur more often. I have a bribe slot open from Friday to Saturday this week.

I disagree with a raffle system. Granted, a colorist is allowed to choose their bribe however they like. If they can't decide, they could always just raffle among their favorite offers if they want to. But that's their discretion.

For Big Bribes- while it has not come up, several months ago in a chat discussion there was talk about limiting the number of ponies that could be bribed for in a big bribe. (x number of breedings or Y number of customs, at a given exchange rate between them to mix and match) - I don't know what I can/am allowed to say in specifics, but I assume it would have to be made public knowledge in the event someone DID open a big bribe slot. But it costs 10,000 colorist credits to open one, so... no one has.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:17 am
In the Sales Stable it says the limit is "up to 20 customs or 10 breedings" are allowed for a Big Bribe. ^^  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:27 am
Nymphalidae
In the Sales Stable it says the limit is "up to 20 customs or 10 breedings" are allowed for a Big Bribe. ^^

Ah, there we go XD. That's correct. And those are interchangeable at a rate of 2 customs = 1 breeding. Like someone could offer a big bribe that contains 10 customs and 5 breedings. Granted, that's a maximum. Someone could offer a big-bribe for fewer ponies than that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:28 am
A horse Cap on big bribes = Yes.

Speaking from experience here, bb is ******** hard to do and yet so easy to get caught up in. I don't care if people think 'oh it wont be that hard if/when I do one' Like... has there ever been 100% without refunds or delays bb?  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:44 am
Big Bribes = Do not work. D=

They're a good idea in theory, but damn near impossible to execute with the monthly quota we have in place. There's simply not enough time.

Beejoux - please read the Staff Information page on Big Bribes. This is not correct, as a colorist doing a Big Bribe is excused from quota during the months required to complete it. ~Felmino~

As for Reg bribes. We not only have to have all our work done, but also cash in a considerable amount of credits to get the opportunity. So it's not just a case of . "OP done with s**t, gunna take bribes." There's more to it then that.

See Sabin's post below. ~Felmino~

It'd be nice to see more, but it's not really an easy fix.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:26 am
As it stands, with regular bribes, you do not have to cash in credits to get the once-every-two months bribes (if you're a senior colorist). They changed that a while back when people mentioned that not enough people accepted them. I'm not sure why there's still a credit value put on accepting normal bribes unless it's to supplement that?

And while I don't know if it will ever come up in regards to big bribes, at least as it currently states in the staff rules, if someone cashes in the 10k credits for a big bribe, they're allowed to take a month or two off of quota to complete the big bribe in a timely fashion. Again, it's never really come up, and I don't know if that would stand if someone DOES cash in for it, but that's what the rules currently say.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Felmino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 pm
Big Bribes
These are quite rare because of the cost that a colorist pays in Staff Credits - and that is for the very good reason that they generally get a very substantial payout AND are off general rotation for months. If they happened frequently you'd see a decline in regular customs and breedings, something I doubt most people would wish.

The rules around Big Bribes have changed (relatively) recently on the staff side due to the situations Meeki/Syaoran have mentioned.

Regular (single) Bribes
These can be up to once every two months for every Senior Colorist if they choose to take them. We can't force colorists to accept bribes, many simply don't want the hassle of sorting through the dozens and dozens of offers. Again they're limited to one custom/breeding to avoid tying up staff in doing nothing but bribes.

As we get more senior staff it's possible there will be an increase in availability. Bribes likely never be raffled off, since they are a colorist reward and part of that reward is getting to pick something you WANT to do.

Bribe Offers
I've only done one bribe so I don't have much to go on, but the offers I got ranged from 50k to 20m. The average offer was 4.46m - note this was for breedings, not customs.

Again I can only speak to my personal selection method, which is based on many criteria, of which price is only one and not even the most important. In order of importance for me:

• Design/concept
• Degree of difficulty/complexity
• The Offerer's - recent acquisitions, herd size, general attitude
• The Breeding Partner's - recent acquisitions, herd size, general attitude
• The actual compensation offered

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:39 am
Sabin Duvert
I disagree with a raffle system. Granted, a colorist is allowed to choose their bribe however they like. If they can't decide, they could always just raffle among their favorite offers if they want to. But that's their discretion.

I guess that's more what I meant? Pick some favorites out and roll?

I mean, it's kind of a silly suggestion, really in practice, but it totally worked in my head. xd

Thanks for opening them though! Since it's the only way to get a custom mutant, bribes are pretty swanky.  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas