Total Votes : 32

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:04 am
This is bouncing off some things posted in the 'Events for people that dont win events?' thread - credit where it's due! But it's kind of more broad than just that particular issue so I decided to make a thread for it :3

What about adding in a category of things for ... the 'not-quite newbies' of the shop, across the board?

For example, a 'newbie' is generally someone with 1-5/1-10 Soqs or something like that. I've seen it both ways I think. The 'Not-quite newbie' could be someone with up to 15 or 20 Soqs but no more. It would perhaps help spread things around a bit more for those people that aren't considered 'newbies' and want more Soqs but are stuck in the middle ... so to speak~

---------------------

User Image Most people don't agree with the idea of a new category
User Image However, many people do think that there should be an overall shop definition of what a "newbie" is, exactly  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:08 am
I suggested that in the Events for People thread, and there were a few people that commented saying that they didn't think people with larger herds should be excluded. xD;

Which is kind of why I didn't create my own topic in the first place, I wasn't sure it'd be a popular topic.

I like the idea though. Obviously. Or I wouldn't have suggested it. xD; It kind of sucks when you're no longer considered a newbie, cause you don't get that extra chance. I had 3 soq for quite a while, and it didn't seem like I'd ever win another.

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:09 am
Oh! Sorry I missed it in there, I was kind of skimming through that thread orz

But maybe having it's own thread will inspire some discussion/more opinions of the idea~  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 am
x3 Yeah.  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:19 am

*thumbs up*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:48 am
Should they make an event that only caters to those of us with 50-60+ horses? What about those with 30-40 or 70-80 or 90+.

I think this idea is unnecessary and unfair. At this point, it would be like herding the rest of the shop into their collective groups. That's now how it works. There's newbies and then everyone else. Someone that has 40 horses shouldn't be any less inclined to get a new one than someone with 19. They might have just spent four years longer at the shop. At that point, wouldn't they be MORE special and get more opportunities to reward them for being a part of the shop longer? But that wouldn't be fair either to the not so newbies, would it?

In short, once you're not a newbie, you're simply not a newbie. There shouldn't be be a pet-owner-on-training-wheels subcategory that exists between newbie and the rest of us.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:11 am
To me... a "not-quite-newbie" would be someone who has like... 3 or less Soquili. Or a few co-owns but no Soquili of their own. Or a few co-owns, but no Soquili they have RP rights now.

But 20 Soquili? At that point, you have a whole cast of characters to choose from as far as RP goes. You have plenty of Soq to enter into breeding raffles if you wanted to... nothing wrong if you wanted more, but I don't think you should have a "special category" at that many Soquili.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:25 am
Doesn't less than 10 but at least 1 soq count as not so new?

The around 20ish is kinda stretching it since most of the people here who are regulars for about a couple of years do hit around the 30 mark. Around that I believe. (Please correct me as I may be wrong)  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:46 am
Honestly, I feel like after your second or third soq, you shouldn't be counted as a 'not so newbie'. 1-3 is understandable, but after 3... I know this shop is very much luck based, but this is just wanting more. Even for myself, i have 4 and a basket. I want more, but doesn't mean I want to count myself as a newbie or even 'not-so-newbie'.

As someone once said, Soquili is like chips~ Once you have one, you don't want to stop.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:55 am
I have to agree, I don't like the idea for this category.

The number is far too large. Now that being said, I have no problem with a not-so newbie one if a person has ONLY co-owns or maybe only two owns OR even they have no full-sized soqs (since it appears it's harder to find plots with the mini's). But after that, you're on your own. It just gives more selective slots and isn't fair to those who have more because they deserve a chance too.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:59 am
I agree with what some of the other folks have been saying. Once you have more than 3 soqs, I don't think there should be much special treatment. After all... getting your foot in the door is one of the hardest things to do here, so I'd rather see a soq in a FS go to someone with no soqs than someone with 19 soqs who just hasn't reached that 20 number yet....  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:01 am
When I was thinking of it, I wasn't really thinking the limit would be 20 pets. I was more thinking 5 or 10, at the most.

It obviously wouldn't be something that would happen all the time, or even frequently. Once in a blue moon it'd be nice to see a "Okay, this raffle is for those who have less then 10 Soq!" type thing.

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:03 am

I think some of the problem lies in the fact that well.. no one has really put a firm shop defined number on what a newbie is.

Ive seen it 1-10, 1-3 and more recently just .5 or less.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:09 am
Etherial Requiem

I think some of the problem lies in the fact that well.. no one has really put a firm shop defined number on what a newbie is.

Ive seen it 1-10, 1-3 and more recently just .5 or less.
Yes. This.

It needs to be defined.

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:34 am
I believe that the 'newbie' status depends on who's running the event.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff