93%  [ 27 ]
I disagree
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:20 am
This is really a very simple suggestion which may or may not be worked on already, but I would really love to see the front page of the main thread cleaned up. Right now it's so incredibly image heavy and crammed with text that sometimes it takes quite a while to load. Not only that, but a good chunk of the information is incorrect or outdated as it is. I'd love to see a nice, fresh first page with maybe links to guild threads or something instead of having a ton of text.

Also, this is a personal thing, but it'd be great to see the "Latest Soq Arrivals" link somewhere higher up so people don't have to wait for the page to load and then scroll down forever to find it. ;D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:24 am
while outdated information is probably something that could seriously use some tidying; I have to say that in really big shops with LOTS of lines and lots of things going on with their shops. Sometimes it's easier to have it all on the first through third pages. This way people can find all the rules about stuff in ONE spot.

I will agree that it is image heavy, but then again, Soquili is an image heavy shop. Everything from the pets themselves, their tags, the main thread, the events, the guilds, everything... is very image heavy...  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:32 am
I think it really does need an overhaul.

The thing that bothers me most is that there are PLENTY of guides, but they're so far down the list. I mean, RP guides, breed guides...Do they really need to be all the way down on the 9th post or such?

I know that it confuses alot of people because of that. I recently had a friend, who couldn't find anything when she joined the shop. I had to show her that the stuff was nearer the bottom of the page.

So I think it would be helpful to see links to the guides in a more clear and organized way, closer to that top. If that makes sense?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:35 am
Simplicity really is one of the best policies. Pick a primary color and then a complimentary color, a simple design, and that's all one really needs. It give the shop a clean, modern feel, and making people feel less overwhelmed when they enter the shop.

My other suggestion would be a height chart for the different types of soquili. I can never really picture an Usdia v a regular Soquili, so a chart would be very helpful for that.  

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:42 am
Sweenys_Revenge
Simplicity really is one of the best policies. Pick a primary color and then a complimentary color, a simple design, and that's all one really needs. It give the shop a clean, modern feel, and making people feel less overwhelmed when they enter the shop.

My other suggestion would be a height chart for the different types of soquili. I can never really picture an Usdia v a regular Soquili, so a chart would be very helpful for that.

... yes! I would love a height chart!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:13 am
No worries. This is already happening amongst other things. :>

We are slowly cleaning up the front page but just not posting updates until everything is done. Instead of updating it piece by piece we'll do a mass update of the entire thing. C:

BUT in the mean time you guys are free to continue this conversation with telling us/listing what you'd really like to see there and stuff. o vo

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:00 pm
Just wanted to say that I talked to the person setting up the RP Guidebook about the size chart, and she said that there is one coming! So it's just a matter of time before that gets added in there somewhere. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 pm
I hope the size chart includes foal vs adult sizes.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Felmino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:26 am
This is in the works! =O You omniscient people you.

Still in the planning stages along with the rest of the cleanup, but yes the front page will be getting a full revamp - further suggestions on what you want to see (or not see) always welcome.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:51 am
Just wanted to mention that I had notified someone else of it, don't remember who though (it was quite a while ago), that the front page (along with anywhere else I looked), does not have familiar information for the owl. Now I'm not sure if any of the other familiars aren't listed, or if there is a reason for it or not, but I never got a response back. (Gaia must have eaten it or something).
But yes, just something you guys should probably look over when updating the front page~!

Thanks <3

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:20 am
As someone that has been a part of the shop, albeit a silent part, since it's inception...I have to admit, I have no idea how or what to do/is going on 90% of the time.

The front page is very heavy - images and words - but nothing is concise or put in a manner that is easily understood by a 'casual' shop-goer like myself, let alone a newbie, fresh to Gaia, fresh to the BCP and fresh to Soquili.

It's very daunting and off-putting. I admit it, I still have a ton of breedings and such lined up that I could get...if only I ever knew what was going on. I generally beg the other party in the breeding to do it, so all I have to do is quote them in the agreement threads.

An overhaul is very needed and very appreciated.
Thank you
-Syrie  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:58 am
Honestly - Soq has both the first and second page to work with. If past updates can be moved to the guild, and thus not take up some of those posts, there's enough room to spread stuff out and make it easier to find stuff and not as crowded.

Already, much of what some shops use their first and second pages for is in the guild [like fs/auctions/etc].

Since there are 15 posts per page - that's 30 posts.

I'd suggest making a list of the things that need to be on the front to pages, organizing it by priority - making sure things of a similar nature are grouped together, and doing a complete overhaul.

It's likely what's already going on behind the scenes. But to me, when I work on a b/c shop face, I have to organize my thoughts like that to be sure I get everything in without duplication and without having things broken up and hard to find between unrelated other stuff.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas