Ambiguous! (please post in thread)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 40

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:38 pm
... Suddenly it makes sense! I love your last example. XD

I kinda wonder now though... is there any particular reason for angenis having a theme listed on the cert? It's cool and all to see where the inspiration came from, but I guess I don't really get the point, especially since it's likely to keep being confusing for people.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:47 pm
XDD Thanks <3

See that's the issue I have with it. I'm beginning to think that when angeni domains and themes went into effect the staff at the time didn't quiet understand the difference of the 2 OR they didn't know how to clearly explain it OR somehow from point A and B the word "theme" was tossed into the mix.

EDIT: I think my interpretation makes sense but I dont know if that was the original meaning of the 2 terms. So what I listed could be wrong. XD I honestly don't know. *never touching angeni's for that reason*

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:56 pm
Maybe I just need to make a suggestion thread for updating angeni rules in general. it seems like there are a lot of outdated and confusing ones at this point.

XD one of these days I'm gonna have a full blooded angeni... and it'd be awesome if the rules were clarified by then!

I'll just have to check out my angeni custom form and make sure that it's very clear about things...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:34 pm

I was told by Kalis that theme/domain are the same thing. Dont know how valid that is anymore now that shes not around, but that was the decision at the time.

Ktns

Lunatic

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 pm
I don't remember why we even have that rule.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:41 pm
Sirenz
I don't remember why we even have that rule.. sweatdrop

The one about OC angenis not being allowed domains... or the one about themes and domains and all that confusion?

The discussion has somewhat branched off.... wink But if you don't really remember why OC angenis can't have a domain, maybe it's time to scratch that rule off the books!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:55 pm

If they are allowed, I think they shouldnt be retro-active. That could cause a lot of chaos.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:52 pm
Honestly, I think OCs should have domains if made as an Angeni because for many of us, any character we play quickly becomes an "OC' in his/her own right. Besides, OCs are original characters - if I get a custom angeni, give her the domain of "Perfection" and name her "Mary Sue Me", she's my "original character" because I came up with her. She's my original creation and if anyone comes up with a Soq named Mary Sue Me with the domain of Perfection after she had been created, I can say that the person had copied my concept!

I can understand why cosplays can't have a domain - it would get messy since different people would have a different idea of which domain that cosplay would belong to. For example, if Sephiroth (using him because I'm sure most people know him) is made into an angeni, I might think his domain is "Kick a**" but someone else might say "No way! His domain is totally 'Awesome'! >["

Everyone sees a cosplay character differently, but only you can say what sort of an Angeni your OC would make! Anyway, I agree with Kita; if its approved, it should not be retro-active!

Also, adding to the Theme vs Domain thing, its confusing. xD They are different - just check the definition of those two words! Adding to what Mobbu said, I think Domain is the Angeni's "Area of control" while Theme is "What the Angeni's physical appearance is based off of". So to be honest, I'm all for taking away the 'theme' since I believe it'll be redundant. >.<;

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:33 pm
Dragain
Honestly, I think OCs should have domains if made as an Angeni because for many of us, any character we play quickly becomes an "OC' in his/her own right. Besides, OCs are original characters - if I get a custom angeni, give her the domain of "Perfection" and name her "Mary Sue Me", she's my "original character" because I came up with her. She's my original creation and if anyone comes up with a Soq named Mary Sue Me with the domain of Perfection after she had been created, I can say that the person had copied my concept!

This

Very much my thought on the matter. Not to mention that if someone doesn't say 'this is my OC based on this other time I had this character . . . .' how is anyone suppose to know what's an oc and what's just a new concept?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:32 pm
It's a problem either way - we had a long staff discussion on this very topic a few months ago.

The Case For
It would be more fair to allow all angeni to have a domain, it would be simpler and less confusing, and it wouldn't matter if that angeni was an OC or not (which causes it's own messes.)

The Case Against
There are quite a number of Angeni already existing who do not have domains (and who are not breeding babies) - opening it up retroactively would cause a mad rush for various domains and quite likely a lot of headache over who got what. NOT making it retroactive would also be unfair, since those who already got their OC would be out in the cold.

In short, unless we can work out some way of making the assignment of domains less headache-y, things will stay the way they are even though they aren't ideal.

Felmino

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:10 am
I believe that the "no Domain for OC Angeni" was only reinforced recently and had been a "loophole" until Kali decided "NO MORE". Kita's OC Angeni has a Domain, I believe? And he was made in 2009. Mindsend's OC Angeni is also the Angeni of Knowledge I believe, and he was also made (and remade) recently; this means that if you start now, I'm sure you could check out the OC Angeni without domains and add it to the cert + taken domains list.

If there were a lot of OC Angeni without Domains, I suppose it would be a problem... Unless you make it retroactive and allow them to pick a Domain. More work for the staff, but it'll make things fair for future owners as well since people could always lie and say "No, that's not an OC - that's why I picked a Domain!"

Honestly, I've yet to see that many OC Angeni without a Domain being RPed this year anyway. You could just shortlist people who actually care about the shop enough to RP their Angeni and give the Domain to them as a "prize" for being active? >.>;

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:15 am

An issue with Angeni's being RPed with domains is there was never really a solid outline on what we really could and couldnt do. =/ So I never use my Angeni's powers because well... I dont want to give them something they cant have or do nor do I want to short-change them.

Basically I kinda had it explained that my angeni's powers were like... the ability to create illusions around others of their theme or whatever... IDK it would just be nice to have some solid clarification for those of us with existing domains so we even know what we CAN do. I tried to pick obscure domains to begin with but.... yeah...

Ktns

Lunatic

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:22 am
Adding to Kita's post, how about a thread where Angeni Domain-based powers are approved by a RP-manager staff for use in RP? I know Angeni as a breed have powers they share, but Domain-specific powers can't really be defined by a "standard" set of guidelines that Niss is currently making. owo

Maybe to keep things simple and prevent the RP-staff from being burnt out, each Angeni is limited to just one single Domain-specific power? A form could be used and all posted Angeni name + Domain + Power could be posted on the front page of the same thread to prevent people from stepping on toes/God-modding... As with what Kita said, at least RPers won't be afraid to RP something they probably paid a fortune for. xD;

Non-RPers are spared from this since if they don't RP, they have no reason to state a power? Its not like it'll be used for anything but RP anyway...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:41 am
Personally, I don't think it would be that hard to retroactively assign domains. You could do it a little like the way that super late work was reassigned from the colorists who disappeared about a year ago. Open up a thread where people could request domains, but only keep it open for a limited period of time. If people don't request within that period of time then they don't get a domain ever and miss out. That way it isn't going on infinitely so it's easier to manage, and everyone gets a fair and equal shot at a domain.

You could wait to assign any new domains until the very end and then you could randomize between angeni if more than one want the same domain. Maybe customers could include a first choice domain and a second choice domain, for if their first choice gets rando-ed to someone else.

Ironically... this issue doesn't affect me. I don't own a pure angeni and the angeni I'm looking to custom isn't an OC. The rule just bothers me because I talk to so many people who have angenis who are frustrated and discouraged by the convoluted rules. Already some people are RPing their OC angenis as if they have domains. The rules right now are so convoluted that people are worried that they will have their angeni's domains retroactively stripped from them, because the forms were confusing and they listed their intended domain as their theme instead.

Since angeni are one of the most difficult and expensive to obtain breeds at soq... it might be headache-y to change things at this point... but I believe that the threadgoers deserve it.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas