Total Votes : 39

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:57 am
Ok, I have brought this up before but since we have this sparkly new feedback thread I will bring it up again and see if anyone else agrees with me.

So.... the issue is:
Due to being GMT (and having a baby) I can't stay up to participate in most of the games and events that are played between midnight-3am my time. I know I am not the only one with this problem.

We are NOT asking that every game be played at a time when we can play, because that would be silly and mean others would miss out, but we are requesting that a few more of the games are played at appropriate times for us.... even if this only happens on a weekend when its easier for the person running the game/event/whatever at a time earlier for them. Wouldn't matter if it was only 1 in every 10 or something, a chance is still a chance.

A lot of the games look really fun and interesting and it would be great to have an opportunity to play a few more of them.

I also appreciate games/contests that run for at least 24hours as this provides and opportunity for different timezones to play. And although games that are expected to be 7+ questions would take a lot of work and effort to run with each question taking 24hours to answer, I am sure a lot of soquili members from different timezones would offer to aid the store -I know I personally would be game to helping out, and have made lists for breedings/customs in the past when I was bored to simply help out staff XD.

This is just a slight personal preference.... but games played between the hours of 7am-9pm GMT (10pm at a push) are more doable for me. XD --->Yes I know that the earlier hours of my GMT time will see most of you in bed and not be very doable.

Just a rough guide for the conversion (CST is 6 hours behind GMT).
CST >>>> GMT
4am >>>> 10am
9am >>>> 3pm
12pm >>> 6pm
5pm >>>> 11pm

----------------------------------

Just so you know, those of us who had the issue of missing all the bloodmoon games appreciated some of the later ones being changed so they were hosted around 5.30pm-6pm GMT! So thank you for that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:04 am

I like the idea of having some games last 24 hours.

Something I think that was fairly successful and fun that was similar to this were the mini games for the WoW event. Axe throwing and the one run by Wyntre. I forget what they were called, but they lasted about 24 hours and were kinda neat.

Ktns

Lunatic

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:06 am
Etherial Requiem

I like the idea of having some games last 24 hours.

Something I think that was fairly successful and fun that was similar to this were the mini games for the WoW event. Axe throwing and the one run by Wyntre. I forget what they were called, but they lasted about 24 hours and were kinda neat.
I believe Tooaya did an Alice game that was also 24 hours per question. Again a lot of fun... but I know it is a lot of work. That said I am sure the store can get volenteers to work together and get it all sorted if it needed the extra help running such things.

Plus... I think after the store gets into the swing of hosting such games it would become easier and easier to run and control them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:12 am
Syaoran-Puu
I believe Tooaya did an Alice game that was also 24 hours per question. Again a lot of fun... but I know it is a lot of work. That said I am sure the store can get volenteers to work together and get it all sorted if it needed the extra help running such things.

Plus... I think after the store gets into the swing of hosting such games it would become easier and easier to run and control them.

She did, i played and it was a great and fun game, i like any game that runs 24 hours, because it means that i dont have to go without sleep... and look like a complete zombie the next morning because i didn't want to miss the games.

i agree with everything on your first post... i also have 2 kids, one is still a baby, and live in GMT  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Felmino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 am
More games that have a long duration is possible, but shifting timezones is harder to do. Everyone on staff has obligations outside of Gaia (as do all our customers) and sometimes the window of opportunity where they can run a game is narrow.

We do try to spread the "live" games out but sometimes it's a case of having them at similar times or not having them at all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:28 am
I live in US Central time, and I wasn't lucky enough to catch any of the games in the Blood Moon event because they weren't open long enough. Because I wasn't able to do that, I couldn't get more than one ticket for the awesome raffle at the end, which at that point, why even bother entering?

So, it's not just people in other countries. I think there just needs to be more 24 hour events. The WoW event had a lot of those, and I got to participate in them, and it was nice.  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:51 am
I think a possibly solution could be to have someone volunteer or be hired as a helper to the shop, that lives in a different then US time zone; that can maybe open/run live games at times that are more appropriate for other timezones.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:14 am
Yea (: it would be awesome to hire someone form a European time zone because then it could cover every base. I am in the same boat of Sya and every Game or FS I have took part in on Gaia has always forced me to stay up till 4am ( because I am stupid I usually do it! ) <333

Longer events would be loved ~ its the easier and fairest option, its a matter that only effects a few of us but for those few it puts us at a HUGE disadvantage <3333

Elissa Cousland

4,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Gaian 50

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:08 am
Elissa Cousland
Yea (: it would be awesome to hire someone form a European time zone because then it could cover every base. I am in the same boat of Sya and every Game or FS I have took part in on Gaia has always forced me to stay up till 4am ( because I am stupid I usually do it! ) <333

THIS ....

In the WoW event.. there were some nights.. i didn't even go to bed  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:26 am
I like the idea of hiring someone of a different timezone to provide the store with a different angle and to help keep everyone happy?! I am sure you will find loyal people would happily volenteer for this (I know I would XD *shot*) but yeah....
This person wouldn't have to be hired as colourist or anything, just game-off (no better word XD sorry) pre-coloured beauties or something.

We understand that everyone has a life outside of gaia -part of the reason why I suggested games on the weekend being slightly earlier if possible since it's usually easier to do that... even if its just a post to say "Open" then a post later on to say "Closed" and then when the person had more time they tally up the score/produce a list or whatever was needed for the game. *shrug* Just a suggestion.

Like Starie said its not just GMT that if affected by this, I simply used it as an example since it is my timezone and so easier for me to explain.

But yeah... would be happy if more games had longer duration if that was easier for the staff, anything if it means that those in the more awkward timezones get to play too.

@Elissa: Totally with you there! XD Its not an option for me anymore unless my hubby is on half-term as I don't get enough sleep otherwise these days, and I always seem tired.

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:58 am
People have to remember that hiring more people does not always solve a problem, even if it is a simple one. The shop has a good number of staff as it is. If you ever see one of our meetings you would agree on that. Continually adding more and more staff, even if they are guest or permanent, could do more harm than good, especially for those whom have to work with them. Just keep that in mind before having "Hire more people!" as an answer to a problem, which I have seen a few times. XD

However, I would agree that the shop does need to consider those whom live outside the us, and those whom have a busy life style, even if some of us do have our own hectic lives to live.

I would say the best first step some of us can make is to offer more 24hr games, and or more games that run at earlier or later times, and see if that does help out the situation. Though the last part can not happen if someone on staff does not have the time, or is not willing to run a game. Though, I am sure someone can be found at times.

I guess it is a give and take kind of thing. If customers are willing to sacrifice time and sleep, then I suppose some of us can do the same for you at times.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:02 am
I'm all for this, and I live IN the US. I live in California, so I'm in PST. A large number of games, etc, seem to happen before 5 PM pst... When I'm at work, as are many PST people. I can't be here for games, and it gets quite frustrating. I don't know if all staff are in CST/EST or something, but this does seem to be how it goes. I'm definitely in favor of more 24 hour games, and finding SOME way to shift things.
I have, in the past, gotten up at odd times to participate in a game that takes place early, or snuck on at work... But the second is usually fail, because the connection at work is slow, and breaks easily.
So I definitely love the idea of finding ways to work with other time zones.  

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Mei Silja

Moonlight Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:31 am
I way agree to this. I live in Sweden and because of it I lose chance after chance in event's because I simply can't stay up till four in the morning to play them. The last event I missed almost every single one not only because of being unable to find them but because I couldn't be up to see them posted for only half an hour time limit. ^^; Sorry, but around 12Am I am out like a light now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:36 pm
Awesome idea~ I'm usually at school until sometimes 7pm or later and I'm in CST, so it's even hard for me sometimes! XD

More 24hr games would be great, and also maybe a few shorter-duration games run at appropriate times for people across the globe. I'm already on staff and I'll say in here and at the next opportunity in a meeting that I'm willing to stay up some on the weekends to possibly run some late-night (for me) games for people in other timezones :3  

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:06 pm
Yeah I like the idea of having a 24 hour game too so more people can enter. Sorry about the time differences. Everyone on staff lives in North America except for Rapidashtrainer but we will all try to be more considerate of people living overseas.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff