Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:50 pm
I have given this a lot of thought and finally decided to put forth my own thread about the topic.

The shop, of course, encourages RP. But people have stated they'd like more RP contests, etc for prizes.

But what I was thinking was a more general kind of reward. Now obviously, you can't reward EVERYONE for RP, it's just not feasible.

My idea was that, randomly during the year, one month or two months could be picked (and I mean COMPLETELY random, no forewarning for anyone who is eligible for a prize) and everyone who RPed enough to get stats for the randomly chosen month would be put in a raffle.

The prize a pre-coloured Soq. Doesn't have to be anything "special". Simple is fine, or even a free familiar. It's just a small perk for people who RP alot and it might interest more people in RPing more regularly.

There is also no perk for most RP's or most Soqs being RP'ed that would make things uneven.

You get one ticket as long as you RP enough to get one Soq stats for the month that was picked.

Also note, when it's announced for this--the month WOULD be over. So you never know when or IF it's going to happen.

Thoughts, Opinions, Suggestions?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Feedback Post *to keep this neat*

1. There are already perks for RP affecting baskets and stats (we do not know exactly how much better chance these give us or how it's figured. But it's something with your stats) and Elders.

2. Suggested Jewelry/Items gained through RP.

3. Lower pricing on Familiar/Trading Post items.

4. Possibly Teepee spotlighting that MIGHT feature a shop prize on occasion.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

`Swirly

Hygienic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:58 pm
ohhai.

I love this idea. It doesn't have to be anything major either but doing more RP perks like that might make even more RP stuffs <3

lolololol I'll put something more intelligent soon. I'm so tired @__@  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:00 pm
Thanks!

Yeah, simplicity is nice. ^_^  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:10 pm
I like this idea! X-D It seems like it'd be a nice little random reward for people who put in the effort for rping ^_^ The fact that it's random and unannounced would limit the number of people who'd enter just for the sake of entering ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:17 pm
Thanks Divena!

That's why it took me so long to actually post this, I had to think about it for a few days and try to get rid of the "I'm just doing it because I know it's going to happen" people, and to keep it as an actual "perk" that can be given out whenever a colourist has a few spare moments on hand. Which is why they can pick ANY month, once it's over.

And it's not something that HAS to be done, and it can be something very simple Soq, familiar, whatever. And it won't benefit those who have more RP or those who have more Soq to keep it fair.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 pm
I really like this idea smile I feel that more rp perks would hopefully bring a few more people into rping. I know that the Elder soquili's get a guaranteed third basket, but not every soquili is meant to be an elder. I think it'd be nice if soquili with higher stats, could have increased chances at that third basket without exactly having to be an elder. The chance might not be Guaranteed, but it'd be nice to have higher odds maybe?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:52 pm
Ah, my precious RPers. Do not fear, I always have plots for you, some of which include perks.

It's an interesting idea, to say the least. At the moment there is so much going on/being planned/being restructured that I will tell you that something like this will not be happening for months at the very least. But I will certainly keep it in mind. ;D

*edit* And actually, stats DO help determine how many baskets a couple gets. Higher stats = higher odds of an extra basket. That is what they are for. >>  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:58 pm
RP perks? 8D I love RP perks!

I would love some sort of raffle among RPers... or whatever Mouse has in mind!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:36 pm
I agree with this idea and would like to add I LOVE Mindsends origional of adding items to pets. She right now has it that if the item is aquired via an rp, its discounted to add it to your pet. I think that this is a GREAT GREAT RP PERK IDEA. It would increase RP with those desiring to add a little something to their soquili. Some may, sure, just make up an excuse to add a new necklace or something; but for others who really care, it means something to receive a ribbon from a lifemate for a soquili's mane, or a feather or scale from them to wear proudly. Matching bangles, ect. Maybe a soquili is even just on an adventure with another and finds a skinwalker claw or a familiar's pelt. Maybe a skinwalker you have killed a familiar and wants to wear its pelt.

Its cute, inventive and encourages people to get together and plot once more. 3nodding

That and if the rp/demand for items being added gets high:

- have moe colorists run and open custom accessories
- make participants link RPs obtaining an item from somewhere or someone for approval
- hold raffles to raffle off the winner
- small fees for custom accessories from RPs would be fair  

Iokabrenna

Tricky Shapeshifter

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:55 pm
Oh really? All the rp stuff is so hard to read through and find I'd never known that. I think it'd also be nice to see a lot of the stuff get cleaned up, but I think that was brought up in a different topic.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:07 pm
Niss has compiled an RP guide that has almost all of the pertinent IC information, but we're still figuring out the best places to put the OOC information. ^^; Right now a lot of it is actually in the IC RP subforum.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:16 pm
mouselet
Ah, my precious RPers. Do not fear, I always have plots for you, some of which include perks.

It's an interesting idea, to say the least. At the moment there is so much going on/being planned/being restructured that I will tell you that something like this will not be happening for months at the very least. But I will certainly keep it in mind. ;D

*edit* And actually, stats DO help determine how many baskets a couple gets. Higher stats = higher odds of an extra basket. That is what they are for. >>

OHh That's helpful. ^_^

I'm glad everyone likes the idea.

Plus, whether or not it DOES happen or not or in a very long time from now.. The point has been made and attracted attention, so there could possibly be an RP spike because of that *part of my devious plot XD*

I'm really glad at all the stuff that's being restructured and slimmed down. It makes finding things easier ^_^.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:50 pm
I never knew about the stats giving an extra chance at a third basket until my friend told me and someone else had told her so they could get that chance in their breeding, so I'm sure that lots of people don't even know that.  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:04 pm
RPing already has lots of perks such as:
A much higher chance of getting a 3rd basket
getting an elder which guarantees 4 baskets
Pet and teepee spotlights with a monthly prize worth 100k+
RP only breeding slots

Maybe a free pet can be given through the spotlight prizes every now and then.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff