81%  [ 31 ]
No.
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 38

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:22 pm

So, I recently saw this done in the Heaven forum, and I got to thinking...

Wouldn't it be fun if, around Christmas, we did something where we gifted the person above us in Soquili? Small gifts, fun things just to get into the holiday spirit. It seems like it would be a good way to spread goodwill about, yeah? XD Obviously, participation would be optional, but I can't help but feel that this might help some of the folks who will undoubtedly be missing out on event Soquili to feel included, and all of that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:35 pm
Wow . . a lot of grinches hanging out today it seems. *teases*

I think it would be a fun idea. You could give a little something, be it gold or art or some item or something. . . I think it could be fun!  

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:37 pm

I was thinking, also, that if the issue was with giving gold or a gift, instead someone could send a nice little PMed message, or draw a little picture instead.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:19 pm
I like this~ Even if it's just small things like a 'Have a good day' PM or something :3  

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:20 pm
This I could go for, I'm not incredibly talented in the art department but I'd be down for signing up for something like this. ^_^ It's a nice idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:28 pm
Would this be in the main thread or a special thread set up in the guild? I'm liking this idea if we could get it streamlined some how. Would the same person be able to post multiple times for more gifts? One if the person posted and they didn't know about the gift giving, would they have to participate?  

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:31 pm
Maybe a guild thread would be easier...just cause the main thread goes so far LOL

And hrmn. Perhaps it could just be like. A general chatting thread themed around the holidays, but the same person may only be gifted once per day? And obviously no complaining if you accidentally get 'skipped' over or something~

Edit: ... Though I'm not sure how to note who gets gifted when. LOL. I guess maybe the person gifting could edit their post to say 'gifted such and so'. For example, I could see that Sirenz posted before me, and decide to send her something. So I would edit my post to say 'Gifting Sirenz!' at the bottom. So everyone knows that Sirenz has been gifted for that day.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:31 pm

I think it would be great if it could have its own little thread, so that we could keep it streamlined. As I mentioned, it would not be mandatory, so they would not have to participate. Though, if it had its own thread, it would be easier to tell. I think it would be fine for people to be able to post multiple times, as they would then also be gifting the person above them as well.

I assumed it would just be the person who posted above you, and therefore could be kept track of that way, but the idea of editing in that so and so is being gifted could make it easier to keep track of it?

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:38 pm
I think this would be fun in it's own guild thread. I think that it could quickly get out of hand in the main shop with some people participating and others not - leaving some folks giving and never getting and then complaining about it. But in it's own dedicated area, it would be tons of fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Oh yeah. I was really hoping from the get go that it could have its own thread, as it's not exactly the kind of thing that would work well in a really fast moving thread to begin with.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:04 am
Oh! This idea reminds me of Tora Tora Island's "Trick-or-Treat" event. It was quite fun. For that event, it was rolling 1 100-sided die, and depending on what number you rolled, you could be 'tricked' or get items on your tora, semi-customs, premade pets, etc. It was quite cool O: <3

I know Soquili is a bigger shop, so It could always be bigger numbers (like randomizing 1-500 or something). Items could be like... Trading post items, premade, semi-custom, and custom familiars and soquili. I think that would be pretty cool O: (as long as none of them had edits XD or only pre-done holiday edits c: ).

Also, it could be called Christmas Caroling or something like that xD!

Example.
1-150 = Tricked
151-175 = Trading Post item under <>
176-200 = Any Trading Post item
201-270 = Premade Familiar
271-295 = Semi-Custom Familiar (( themed or choose 3 colors, etc. ))
296-300 = etc...

I think that example was bad XD But I think people could catch my drift~ Of course, they could only win like... 2 things per week and only roll once a day. If the accepted their prize, they couldn't give it up another time and keep rolling, etc.

Note~ I think this was Felyn's idea in the long run XD But all of this is from TTI <3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 am
ATh e a r t
Oh! This idea reminds me of Tora Tora Island's "Trick-or-Treat" event. It was quite fun. For that event, it was rolling 1 100-sided die, and depending on what number you rolled, you could be 'tricked' or get items on your tora, semi-customs, premade pets, etc. It was quite cool O: <3

I know Soquili is a bigger shop, so It could always be bigger numbers (like randomizing 1-500 or something). Items could be like... Trading post items, premade, semi-custom, and custom familiars and soquili. I think that would be pretty cool O: (as long as none of them had edits XD or only pre-done holiday edits c: ).

Example.
1-150 = Tricked
296-300 = etc...

I think that example was bad XD But I think people could catch my drift~ Of course, they could only win like... 2 things per week and only roll once a day. If the accepted their prize, they couldn't give it up another time and keep rolling, etc.

Note~ I think this was Felyn's idea in the long run XD But all of this is from TTI <3

I like this idea, Felyn was lovely for this. however... Tora Tora island has a much smaller population than Soquili .. so i dont know how easily it could be translated to the prizes.. BUT ... great idea!!  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:35 am

While yes, I do like that idea, I think it deserves its own thread, yeah? It's not quite along the same lines, as my thought was to have users giving each other gifts, not the shop giving users gifts. But yes, this would be great fun, and maybe something you ought to post up for its own consideration. <3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:40 am
Haha. I know XD It's just what came to mind <3 I've read in other peoples' thread that a lot of suggestions and ideas are about shortages, so this might be a way to add more into the demand o:  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:29 am
ATh e a r t

Example.
1-150 = Tricked
296-300 = etc...

I really like this idea <3  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces