Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you agree?
Yes - 100%!
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Yes, but I have this tweak (Please post!)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, the Kalonas are fine
81%
 81%  [ 35 ]
No, and this is why (Please post!)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:46 pm
So, every time I look at the Angenis, I can't help but think that angels, the basis for the Angeni Soquili, have the counterparts of demons. Now, I know we have Kalonas, but they strike me as more 'dragon' than 'demon'. Plus, there's the factor of people can't breed their Skinwalkers with their Angeni - What if they wanted to see how a Skinwalker with 4 wings might look? They can't, since Angeni can't breed with Skinwalkers. So, what if there were demon-inspired Soquili, with two pairs of dragon/bat/demon wings? Like the Angeni, they could have their own domains - But they would share a list with the Angeni, so there couldn't be a (made up name here) Demoni of Love(Example domain pulled from another thread about Angeni), conflicting with the Angeni of Love. Another stipulation could be - They CANNOT breed with Angeni, since that would create a rather glaring conflict of IC interest. (If for some reason a person with a demon-Soquili and an Angeni managed to work out a plot of love, there's always surrogates and/or adoption.) They could breed with Skinwalkers, though, allowing for some new forms of plotting. Like the Angeni, it would be under the Super Rare Slots, just to make sure that, like the Angeni, it stays rare.

I dunno, just a random idea I had there for a new type of Soquili xd ;  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:55 pm
Please consult the Soquili Breeds information here. Kalona are the demonic species in Soquili and do act as the counterparts to Angeni in a manner of speaking.

Skinwalkers and Kalona are BOTH the "Anti-Angeni". However, if you wanted to have four wings you would need to bribe for a mutant - Angeni originally only started with one pair of wings. It was a mutant (Reaper) who accidentally made the 'four wing' trait a viral and customisable one though it was never really the intent.

While I can see the idea behind what you're asking and it's potential, there are already Kalona in existence that represent the 'seven deadly sins' (or at least some of them), in addition the Kalona also have global/universal powers that Angeni don't possess as Angeni are domain specific while Kalona are not. In a manner of speaking that actually makes them more dangerous than an Angeni if played correctly. n_n;

With two anti-angeni soquili races in existence we really don't need a third, it'd really be pushing the boundaries. I don't mean to shoot an idea down or anything but with two in place already, there really isn't need for a third. u_u;;;

Epine de Rose

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:57 pm

All right. I'm probably going to come across as a bit preachy here, because I love Kalona, but so be it. Simply put, Kalona are already so under-loved, and under-appreciated that the idea of having a type of Soquili that might essentially take their place as the "demon" Soquili sort of rubs me the wrong way. I understand that you are simply trying to be proactive here, and throw out new ideas. However, I feel that we already have the "demon" slot filled by both the Kalona (who possess the features of the crow demon), and the Skinwalkers, who are already the opposition to angeni. To me, this seems like an unnecessary addition. What you could do instead of getting a new breed, would be to simply request more wings for the Kalona.

I am already at the point of suggesting that there be a Kalona inspired event because the population of Kalona is so sparse. The idea of having someone essentially replace and suborn them somewhat distresses me. Kalona were never designed to be draconic, they were meant to be the "demon" Soquili. So, why make an entirely new breed whose hallmark seems to be a capacity to breed with Skinwalkers, and having domains like the angeni? We have demon Soquili, there just aren't a lot of them, and they don't work the same way as angeni. Frankly, I would love to see further development with the Kalona rather than a new breed of demon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 pm
I agree with Miss Cherie here. I think adding an uber-demon race would be a slight to the Kalona who really are meant to be taking that role. Effectively, where would that leave Kalona if there was suddenly a badder, more demon demon in town?

This subject actually came up once during a staff meeting, and the points that Epine and Miss Cherie brought up were the general consensus of the staff.

I would view a four-winged kalona as effectively a mutant, or perhaps a theoretical result of a cross between an angeni and a kalona, but not an altogether new "more evil than evil" species.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Felmino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:22 pm
Adding more species at this time is also not something the shop is considering - we have so much existing lineart that needs work. X_x  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 am
There are already some 'four winged' Kalona mutants... it would be unfair making a new race out of them now to those that have bought them (I believe it was an auction). Either way I don't think a new race of evil is needed... with the Kalonas and SWs I think we have enough. smile  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items