Reply Feedback Forum
[I] RL customs/Bribes and Gold quotas Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:32 am
I’ll try and keep this as organized as possible.

Gold Quotas
- All the colorists on staff have gold monthly quotas they have to full fill. The exception of this is Sirenz. I feel that as the owner her priority should be Gold customs and breedings. Recently she took on RL bribes in September and then took on several gold customs in October. There’s a business issue there because she hadn’t even finished the RL bribes when she took the gold customs.

Possibly solution?
- Take monthly customs and breedings like the rest of the staff and finish each project before taking on another one.

RL Customs/Bribes
I have a couple issues with this.
1. When you RL buy you can get multiple horses, and as far as I’ve seen it doesn’t affect your on goings on gaia. IE, if you win an RL custom, you can get 4 horses, and STILL try for gold slots. This isn’t fair for everyone on multiple levels. There are plenty of people won’t don’t win gold slots but can’t afford RL ones.
2. RL slots have been known to take up to a year to show results, and by then some of the people aren’t even on gaia anymore and refunds aren’t allowed.

Possible solutions?
1. Follow the same rules that people getting gold customs have to follow.
- This means one horse per order (Unless twins) And they can’t try for another custom RL or Gold for a month
- Breeding wise if you win a slot RL you can only post one pairing for the rest of the month like everyone else. - This may already be in place?
2. Only take a few. Not 30+ orders. It’s bad business… Especially when you don’t allow refunds. Take on the same you would for gold, and only open RL AFTER you’ve completed your gold quotas.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:00 am
I believe RL breedings do still count towards you breeding total for the month. When I got a slot for Alice/Jasper mid August I was then allowed to enter no others because I had won a Low Luck slot for Renesme/Rune earlier in the month. I asked Sisi the question directly at the time (as I wasn't sure if counted or not) and she said it did smile  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:28 pm
Well said, I agree with this. Especially when it comes to Real money I believe there needs to be a bit of a stricter policy and customs should be finished up in a bit more of a timely manner. I also can't afford the higher prices that they cost and feel that as you said, you should be restricted from entering for a gold custom in that same month.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:31 pm
Here's the problem I've had, and maybe its a stupid thing to bring up but I'll say it anyways.

I really want and have the money to purchase RL customs, but I never know when they are available. Like I keep hearing and seeing about RL custom ponies after they are obtained and are no longer available. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. I know I've been on every day to check for things like the last 6 months so I don't know how I've overlooked them sad .  

Renegade Athena

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:47 pm
I have to agree with this for the most part. Not saying RL customs are bad in any manner but they do need to be more controlled and especially because it is really money people are investing on the said pets.

Also I have to admit this whole RL and Gold slot things does have me on the worried side. Being as I did get a gold slot from sirenz I am most certainly worried. I didn't realize at the time she still had so many RL customs to do. And They do infact take her while, which causes me to wonder when I'll get my custom which is on the gold gotten slots list. Not that I mind waiting but at a certain point its going to much, I put in the effort to save up the gold I should hope I'd get it in a timely manner. But with a such a lot list of RL customs still owned before it it seems unlikely. Beyond the wait time which does have be a bit worried there is the idea of just leaving gold sitting in trades. Gaia does have glitches what am I suppose to do if something happens to the trade or so on?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:55 pm
Hyper - I've only seen them opened once, and I did try in them. Since then I haven't ever seen them open again, and she took about a year + on getting them done. A couple for a friend of mine, who left gaia long before they were even finished.

But most of the ones that we're seeing now are RL customs. There's a few same people that are always getting multiple RL bribe/custom pets.

And as far as I know RL slots don't affect gaia... But regardless the idea of being able to get 3-4 horses at once comes off a little unfair for those who can't RL custom and have to wait years to get a gold slot. And all the newbies that are around. I know that it's the customers own money. But it needs to be better regulated and have rules, like the gold slots.  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:56 pm
Yesss.
I've been stalking Sirenz's RL stuff for a while and never seen them open. That seems due to the fact that the list is giant.
I have to agree sage that it is odd to take gold customs on while there are still a bunch of rl not finished. Where does your rank in that then?
I agree that it is unfair that someone could win gold customs and still buy a bunch rl at the same time.
If those slots were to count like the breeding rl then I think it'd be fair. People would have to choose if they really wanted to only get 1-2 horses that way or try their luck via gold.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Maybe there should be a thread available in the customs area or around it just for RL slots, when they open, how many are being worked on and etc. Do you think that will help sort out some of the confusion? And maybe if it was abit more organized it would go faster?

Also I have a question, why can only Sirenz do them or do all colorists get the chance to?  

Renegade Athena

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:45 pm
Well I think having a thread with it might be against the TOS.

And I've always wondered too, but I hear that sirenz has a special contract with line artist, or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:55 pm
Hyper Falcon

Also I have a question, why can only Sirenz do them or do all colorists get the chance to?

Only she has permission to do them. Remember Sirenz didn't draw the line art, so you can't sell other people's art for real money without permission. She worked out some kind of compensation with Leelakun to be able to sell then IRL.  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:07 pm
RL slots affect Gaian slots for the month they were gotten. You still have the two month cooldown before you can try for another custom be it RL or Gold slots. This works for breedings also. If you get two RL breedings in a month, for that month you cannot try for gold slots.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:52 pm
But there in lies the crux, right? You can't enter for two months but you might not see your completed product until a year or so later. To put a blanket until you got your completed Soquili wouldn't be fair either.  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:21 pm
Kamiki
Hyper Falcon

Only she has permission to do them. Remember Sirenz didn't draw the line art, so you can't sell other people's art for real money without permission. She worked out some kind of compensation with Leelakun to be able to sell then IRL.

Okay, that makes much more sense. Thankyou for clearing that up! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:28 am
I'm not saying a blanket for the entire year. As far as I was concerned, if I got a custom in September gold or otherwise... but i didn't get it until Feb (Because the colorist had something happen). I was allowed to start trying for another slot in November.

But then lies the other issue. They still aren't following all the same rules. RL custom you can get multiple horses at a time.  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:39 am
Sounds like RL is alot like the Big Bribe in that respect. And I don't have a problem with that. Though I do agree that waiting a year or more for your pet is extreme. RL should be treated like gold when it comes to how many are accepted and the turn around time for it. Then, if she has time to open more RL she can do that - but to take 30 at once and not get them back for an extended period of time doesn't work. Even if I'd seen RL slots open - I wouldn't have tried for them with the kind of wait that seems to be part of getting them.

But - this only affects one colorist and seems kind of specific.

To me, if you're going to spend rl money - you should talk about your expectations with the colorist before you send the money. There should be an agreement and that agreement should be kept to. Because at that point you're looking at a real world contract with actual laws that come into affect regarding scams and cons [part of why Gaia doesn't want to mess with that stuff here]. If you don't put a time limit on the contract, there is no legal recourse.

Basically - I agree with the points made here, but this should be between the person who makes a RL purchase and the person who accepts the purchase.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff